JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't think it's either. I think people are buying up extra mags and drums just to get them before they are no longer available. I don't think they're preparing for war. The same thing happens at the amusement park just before closing time. Everybody is trying to get that last ride in before the doors shut, but we'll see what others post in here.

.... and making money off other people is BAAAADDDDDD! Should we enact a govt limit of .08% profit? .06% profit if its between you and others engaged in your own hobbies?

.... and making money off other people is BAAAADDDDDD! Should we enact a govt limit of .08% profit? .06% profit if its between you and others engaged in your own hobbies?

There's a difference between turning a profit and gouging. There's also a difference between natural supply and demand cost fluctuations and artificially created shortages.
Pure capitalism sees a whole bunch of the bad. A few rules help. Too many rules hurt.

Neither, if someone wanted to kill politicians and was smart about it, he'd do it from a distance and try to get away with it so he can do it multiple times. Don't need any 30rd mags for that, all you need is a single shot.

I think the majority of the binge buying is from greedy people who will then try and make a buck off their fellow gun owner.

I have a good friend that is an NRA member but is in favor of the ban. He has a bunch of high capacity mags as well as lots of the previously banned guns. When they are banned again he's planning on making a mint selling them!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

Originally Posted by Trlsmn
I think the majority of the binge buying is from greedy people who will then try and make a buck off their fellow gun owner.

I have a good friend that is an NRA member but is in favor of the ban. He has a bunch of high capacity mags as well as lots of the previously banned guns. When they are banned again he's planning on making a mint selling them!

Yep, it doesn't matter if it's our hi-cap mags, 'assault' (hah) rifles, food stuffs, gasoline, or beanie babies :s0114: ANYTHING that people think will be in short supply will bring out gougers. I am absolutely a capitalist, but unbridled speculation and gouging of fellow citizens is CRAPPY. I myself don't think that there will be anything resembling an 'AWB2', at least until after the 2012 elections regardless of the outcome. I think we'll see various feel-good legislation introduced that'll either die in committee or on the House floor. I'm totally with Silver Fox's signature line-- "This kind of fear mongering gets the 'Patriots-for-Profit' all juiced up.
Only you can prevent the next 'Obamania' price hike.
Keep your voices heard and your wallets closed.

-SF

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member[/QUOTE]

I do not wish for a ban. I know it won't do any good. It's already against the law to murder. Still I do not hold in contempt any person who has the foresight to buy something that is or may be just about to gain in value. People do it with stocks, gold, guns, and ammo. It would be one thing if the govt was buying up hi capacity mags just to ban them and then sell them at an increased rate, it's entirely another for a person who does not control the market enviroment to take a chance on buying a might be restricted item.

Trlsmn: You've never asked me permission to state your thoughts before, why start now? Let's hear it.

While I understand that supply/demand can result in higher prices gouging will leave me with a long memory of who I won't buy from. A friend worked at a local shop back when the AWB was starting - they had been selling the hot lips 10-22 mags for $8 on sale every few months and $12 regular price for a few years prior - They had 1/2 of a cargo container in inventory when the ban was about to start and raised their prices to $50 each. The problem I had with this is that they couldn't sell them after the ban and they sold less than 10% of their inventory by the time the ban went into effect. If it were my store and I was into them for $4 or $5 a piece I might have raised the price a bit due to demand but I think I would have priced them so that they were all gone (except a personal large stash) by the ban date. What I found unforgivable was that they weren't being friendly to the shooting community that keeps them in business - besides I would have tried to put as many out there as possible to counter the intentions of an unjust law. Also - I think that selling them at a much better price than the gougers would have bought a ton of good will from the customers for years to come.

Just my .02

So if according to this proposed bill from the "B" in CA. were to go through it would be illegal to "transfer" the large capacity feeding devices. So what good is it to go out and buy up mags if they then become illegal to sell or even give away. I dont think that portion would even be a possability of getting left in but what if?

Who here is of the mind set of being considered a 3%' er.

Can we please do something with Cabage Patch Dolls? Remember the days when people were actually brawling over them in the stores? I bought up a crap load of them looking to "cash in", then the supply of them rebounded and the bottom fell out... lost my arse.

JUST KIDDING!!! :D

I always thought they were fugly dolls.

Can we please do something with Cabage Patch Dolls? Remember the days when people were actually brawling over them in the stores? I bought up a crap load of them looking to "cash in", then the supply of them rebounded and the bottom fell out... lost my arse.

JUST KIDDING!!! :D

I always thought they were fugly dolls.

Trade for some Beanie Babies?

Even worse,, I have several boxes full of the plastic cars you can buy from Chevron stations. I don't have a lot of hi cap mags but I have plenty (or more) of regular one. Also have a boatload of AR mags...

SOG

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads