JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If it helps, I drove two hours for a good gunsmith. Some of the local ones are decent, but I won't substitute decent for good if its anything more than taking off a welded/soldered/pinned muzzle device.

I agree that PDX folks might find it easier to get to. Travel to exit 11(?) and hang a right on 502 (Battle Ground Hwy.). Go about 3 mins (not including stopping for the couple traffic lights) and hang a right on 72nd.

It might be further mileage-wise, but maybe not time-wise.

If you decide to go there you may pick up business from BG, Hockinson, La Center, Woodland(?), and maybe even Kalama and/or Longview.

Regardless of where you are, as you know, you'll never please everyone all the time. It may become more inconvenient for some, but easier for others.

If you have a following I'd guess that they wouldn't mind your move.

Just my $0.02.

:)

PS: If you do move into the "old" L&L building, please do not do business the way they did.

Didn't you just move?
Actually Dollars Corner makes it super easy, especially for us southern oriented folks! Only thing I see, last time I was through there, every thing was all closed up/out of business, and pretty run down looking! Don't know if that makes a difference or not, just an observation! At least I can stop in at the Burger Basket and get one of there good shakes and a burger on my way! LOL

Didn't you just move?
Actually Dollars Corner makes it super easy, especially for us southern oriented folks! Only thing I see, last time I was through there, every thing was all closed up/out of business, and pretty run down looking! Don't know if that makes a difference or not, just an observation! At least I can stop in at the Burger Basket and get one of there good shakes and a burger on my way! LOL
Yeah I did and I know how that looks but an opportunity is arising that may be too good to pass up! lol I just wish I could express how much I severely dislike moving, that is why I am asking before I make any decisions.

I'm going to be in the Salem area, and Have no problem with driving up to Dollars Corner ( or Estacada!) Your work speaks for it's self! I'm more then willing to make the trip! Too bad Lamaglass and G-Loomis are not much worth the drive any more, and Anglers Workshop is closed, THAT would make for a fun day trip! A bonus would be some winter Steelhead fishing on the North Fork of the Lewis!

Yeah I did and I know how that looks but an opportunity is arising that may be too good to pass up! lol I just wish I could express how much I severely dislike moving, that is why I am asking before I make any decisions.

Let us know IF/When you decide to do this, Would be more then happy to lend a strong back and a week mind! LOL
I'm sure @SKrueger and @Joe13 would be down as well!

Where we live it is pretty much going to be a longish drive, by some definitions, for most things gun-related. Other locales we've resided in (e.g., Gilliam County), almost anything beyond basic groceries and hardware was a three hour round trip.

Last Edited:
Wrong thread.

OP asked a very specific question.

Actually no, he asked how far we would drive and we answered for the services we expected of the gunsmith. How far would you drive for icecream, how far would you drive for real icecream? The value of his service and how far one would drive depends on is it just ice cream or real icecream if you get my meaning.:)

Let's put it this way, Jon... the only reason you had to ship my NWFA lower up here to the Giant Terlet Bowl and haven't had me as a face-to-face customer is that I don't drive. If I did, you would... and my little build project would be a Done rather than Discussing Details because of me having time to rethink "needs" vs "nice" vs "um, on second thought let's do X and Y but not Z."

Today if I bother to put on the old rain poncho and grab our BIG Umbrella I can walk to our local friendly knowledgeable Class 3 Gun Shop within 30 minutes. A little over one mile. He has also that fancy cool handy SOT manufacturers license. He also markets a very nice billet AR15 lower. Also builds nice AR15 rifles but I have never actually watched him do a precision AR15 build.

I.V. Guns And Ammo.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads