JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

If it came right down to it, I would end up in the turn-in line. The only other option is to make a Custerian last stand that does nothing but cause immense immediate harm to my family, and in the end, I'd just be dead. I suspect that isn't a popular thing to say, but it's the truth -- even if there are a million people who duke it out, they will be dispersed, unorganized, ineffective, and dead. The only way it would be worthy of such risk, is if at the state level, entire state governments were willing to secede and would accept volunteers from other states.

If you haven't already, read "Unintended Consequences" by John Ross. If you have, and it's been a while, give it another read.

That's all I'm going to say.

Red Flag needs to bump to SCOTUS right quick and in a hurry like! Until then, it stands in those counties who allow it!
Right or wrong, it's not up to you and I, it's up to a Panel of Justices to decide!
There are not enough boots in Law Enforcement to round up all the Rebels guns, even under Red Flag orders, so it's a non starter in the larger picture!

I'm sure I've linked to this blog post by Larry Correia before on this topic. It's long but definitely worth the read.

The 2nd Amendment is Obsolete, Says Congressman Who Wants to Nuke Omaha.

He wrote it last year in response to Rep. Swalwell's threat to confiscate guns and nuke the population it they resisted.

That's a counterpoint to my thinking on the topic and well worth reading. I think I still feel that it would take a state level uprising to have a chance at success, but that doesn't mean an uprising on the individual level would not be chaotic (as is well outlined in that piece).

If you haven't already, read "Unintended Consequences" by John Ross. If you have, and it's been a while, give it another read.

That's all I'm going to say.

I haven't, I'll put it on my list, but I suspect that it says something along the lines of how complying for immediate reasons, is futile long term. At a deep animal level though, there is an instinct that pushes us to put off death as long as possible. When I'm honest with myself, I think that would trump logic.

I haven't, I'll put it on my list, but I suspect that it says something along the lines of how complying for immediate reasons, is futile long term. At a deep animal level though, there is an instinct that pushes us to put off death as long as possible. When I'm honest with myself, I think that would trump logic.

Actually it's an excellent read regarding what OTHER "options" may be, as opposed to a "last stand".

Read the book. Really.

Incredibly difficult to find a true paper copy. Use your internet wyles to find an electronic copy. There is a reason it is no longer in print & available...

We might get blindsided by some newfangled strategy, like "swarm-bots". How we would fight those little monsters, I don't know.

Per Youtube comments: Tennis rackets :), and if necessary, EMP.

I'd like to see the stats on violent crime AND victimisation by RACE.

Poke around on the FBI site - here's some of it:

The reviews for that book online are AWESOME! From the wikipedia dot org page, I found this copy you can read online: (FYI, the picture on the cover is Lady Justice being assaulted by an ATF agent.)
https://archive.org/details/JohnRossUnintendedConsequences

At this time in US history, I think John Ross could sell many copies of "Unintended Consequences".

I don't know. Snowflakes melt pretty easily. Not only that, but even snowflakes have patriots in their families. I have a hard time thinking they will be ok with family blood on their hands.
Idk. I had a family member (while inebriated to be fairish) call me an f'ing you know what sucker when asked why we should just make guns hard to get instead of fixing things like mental health.

I didn't even argue. Just asked the question "why strip people's rights when we could actually try to help better our society's health"

The civil war had families split due to sides. I'm sure it would happen again.

So keep cash on hand.
That's good prep for disasters as well.

So they just run you off the road on the way to pay cash at the gas station and you end up in compromised position outnumbered in a gunfight (you can watch LaVoy getting shot if a video demo is helpful). The lone holdouts will just end up doing suicide by cop essentially.

The reviews for that book online are AWESOME! From the wikipedia dot org page, I found this copy you can read online: (FYI, the picture on the cover is Lady Justice being assaulted by an ATF agent.)
https://archive.org/details/JohnRossUnintendedConsequences

At this time in US history, I think John Ross could sell many copies of "Unintended Consequences".

You can also download it in a multitude of formats from that same link. Just scroll down a bit and look right.

So they just run you off the road on the way to pay cash at the gas station and you end up in compromised position outnumbered in a gunfight. The lone holdouts will just end up doing suicide by cop essentially.
Geez! Does anything nice ever happen in your world?

Not that all hasnt been done over a million times.... hahaha

Really though... there wont be any sort of conflict over guns.

There wont be a buy back or any sort of forced confiscation. They dont need to.

Look at California. All they have to do is ban it. Maybe you keep it, maybe not.... there isnt a door to door enforcement with good squads with fist fulls of 4473s ......

Things will go away in tiny increments... there will be a lot of blustering and gnashing of teeth.... but no one will do anything, just like in the dozens of states that have draconian laws now.

Of course there will always be the dickheads who 'wont comply' ... whatever.... its just as effective whether you comply or not. In no way can you ever use it again... no competitions, no self defense, etc... as soon as it becomes known that you have it, youll get snatched up... no one will make a stand for you. It may not even make the news.
Youll get ratted out by a coworker, pissed off ex girlfriend, etc...nosey neighbors, etc....

They have also been killing gun culture for decades... there are fewer and fewer kids interested today than even 10 years ago. It becomes taboo, peer pressure ... all your favorite entertainers, etc are anti gun... etc etc... then with laws making it necessary to be 21 to even buy long guns... you have even more time to move on to other interests....

They know the risks associated with a nationwide confiscation scheme... they wont do it. You are just a frog in a pot of water, and all they have to do it turn the heat up slowly and one day you will look back and wonder what the hell happened to your gun rights. .

There wont be a buy back or any sort of forced confiscation. They dont need to.

Look at California. All they have to do is ban it. Maybe you keep it, maybe not.... there isnt a door to door enforcement with good squads with fist fulls of 4473s ......

Things will go away in tiny increments... there will be a lot of blustering and gnashing of teeth.... but no one will do anything, just like in the dozens of states that have draconian laws now.

I agree. Witness the anger Beto is getting from Antis. The way they want to move forward is through Red Flag laws and gotcha regulations. Make everyone prohibited and the 2A is irrelevant. He's not helping their cause because he is raising suspicions.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top