JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well there website says they run the serial number to make sure there isn't anything nefarious tied to it, when they buy them. Wasn't sure if they do to verify the gun is legit, and not a counter fit when they give you an appraisal value.

Why have a gun appraised at a chain retail store ??????
A long time gunsmith or collectors assoc would make more sense.

Is there a list of these places some where? Cabelas does this often. That's why I asked. I'm only wanting an appraisal. Then sell it here. The gun ranges from $600-3800, I've only seen a few old posts on gunbroker and they went for $2500 & 3800.

Call Cabela's and ask them if they'll record your serial number as part of appraising your gun. If they say "no," then it's up to you to believe them - or not.

Like any business that buys/sells guns, guitars, cars, boats or whatever... Cabela's will lowball you if they think they can profit from a potential transaction. Again, it's up to you to believe the quote is relevant and fair - or not.

Your own independent research will give better results than a retail outlet.
What is the firearm?
A comprehensive net search will tell you a lot.

I did that. I had it up for sale based on what I've seen them sell for. But someone suggested going to cabelas. Get appraisal, add 25% and sell here. Any gun is worth what someone is willing to pay. It's a ww 2 1911 made in Norway. The Nazi's took over the factory, produced one year , 1945, (those see with the most) then made rifles in 46, then in 47 when Nazi's left they made parts for allied forces and only made about 500 or so matching numbers 1911's. And then didn't make anymore. Ever.

Did a quick search I was off on my dates according to wiki, Germans halted production for 2 years. I was going off of memory from some other collector site. It's a kongsberg m1914.

It is a rare item. The Nazi stamped are even more rare. And I would say it is hard to sell. That's why I considered cabelas. A local shop might like it but not want to sit on it till it sells. Cabelas has a bigger clientele. I have seen a couple at auction. But all of the auctions seem to have a "we get what we get" Claus. No reserve.

It is a rare item. The Nazi stamped are even more rare. And I would say it is hard to sell. That's why I considered cabelas. A local shop might like it but not want to sit on it till it sells. Cabelas has a bigger clientele. I have seen a couple at auction. But all of the auctions seem to have a "we get what we get" Claus. No reserve.

Anywhere you decide to sell it, getting max value will take the most time while asking less will move it quicker. How soon do you want the money? If you can wait a few years, price it high.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top