JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you think that the day will be won by OC advocates trying their best to get attention, or even if you think there is hope in the legislative process, you're sorely misguided. The political process is broken, and the OC issues just scares the sheep.
The only way we will win is by winning the hearts and minds of non-gun owners, educating an ill-informed public, and doing our level best to hold our elected officials accountable. Put your money where your mouth is and take a friend, neighbor or kid shooting. In the last year I've introduced at least a dozen or so first time gun-owners or shooters to the the sport and issues we are facing. There are few things more gratifying than watching folks transition from fear/curiosity to full on grins at the range when that gun first goes "bang."

Just wondering what specific goal or outcome you were expecting the 'nothing else is working' has kept from happening?

Not sure I understand your question, but I'll try. Nothing, well maybe not nothing...but very little that the pro 2A movement has done in the past, and especially since Newtown, up to this point has stemmed or even slowed the onslaught of unconstitutional anti-gun legislation, or anti-gun rulings, in my opinion.

When you don't have an intelligent counterpoint, use ridicule....sheesh...
So you figure sitting back advocating from your easy chair is an intelligent way to protest? It takes cojones to actually act, not so much to type. My point you so obviously overlooked was that actions speak louder than words, and to simply flap gums is not all that proactive. Clear enough?

very little that the pro 2A movement has done in the past, and especially since Newtown, up to this point has stemmed or even slowed the onslaught of unconstitutional anti-gun legislation, or anti-gun rulings.
Ok I believe I see what the goal or outcome the 'nothing is working' you are referring to - slowing or stemming the anti onslaught. I highly doubt anything is going to unfortunately. A classic 'vicious cycle' has been created - the more the anti side pushes the more the 'pro 2A' movement pushes back. However if if there is ANY inference of backing down or capitulation (no matter how slight) it is seen as 'weakness' and those involved are maligned as 'sheeple' or non - 'pro 2A'. I am not suggesting anything and I don't know the answer but public OC of long arms or or the suggestion of 'armed civil disobedience' is NOT a step in the right direction.

"I don't know the answer but public OC of long arms or or the suggestion of 'armed civil disobedience' is NOT a step in the right direction."

Then you have already lost the war. You've agreed with the opposition that they are ultimately correct. Now you're just haggling on price or in this case what is too scary looking. How many rounds in the mag, how long can the barrel be, permit requirements, waiting periods... list goes on and on over the past 80-100 years.

The leading anti-gunners have long stated their ulitmate goals is banning guns completely. You're negociating with emotional terrorists. Yes the legal, political and hearts route is important but so is showing where your line in the sand is.

Over the last 10-15 years much of my moderate, live and let live attitude has been washed away because of the rank hypocrisy of the progressive authoritarian left. In this case, the anti-gunners etc..

If you want to see the effects of one of the few groups actually pushing back against the progressives in the culture wars, read this article:

http://www.breitbart.com/london/201...n-the-culture-wars-then-along-came-gamergate/

You've agreed with the opposition that they are ultimately correct.
Nope, not at all and I am 'negotiating' with no one. That is a lot to 'assume' from someone you don't know. I simply believe I have a good hypothesis for why this is all playing out the way it is but for my own reasons choose not to express it. And I was shooting, reloading and 'into' guns LONG before what we are dealing with now so I think I have some 'time and grade' that supports my position.

Sadly Rvtech, our opponents will not grant you time and grade. From 2009 until 2013, I was a an uncaring, greedy, selfish, jerk and "totally a racist" when trying to convince and explain to various people why the Affordable Healthcare Act was a bad idea. I was a racist just for calling it Obamacare. After getting cancer , I had more people paying attention and less name calling. Some because they themselves saw the costs going up. Others just shut up as I had status because I'm a "cancer victim". Many of our opponents are not operating from a stand point of logic but purely of emotion and they deal only in rhetoric.

There are some issues and people with which the only answer to give them is no.

So you figure sitting back advocating from your easy chair is an intelligent way to protest? It takes cojones to actually act, not so much to type. My point you so obviously overlooked was that actions speak louder than words, and to simply flap gums is not all that proactive. Clear enough?

All I've seen you do is type. All you've seen me do is type. Beyond that we know nothing of each other, except that I know you are not above slinging [written] ridicule, all because I clearly don't share your opinion.

Indeed, actions do speak louder than words. However, words have always had a place in the fight for our liberties. Thomas Paine's book Common Sense published in 1776 comes to mind.

That's an unsubstantiated claim, not a fact.

So far we have the word of a guy who O/C'd a rifle onto federal property. If that's the sum-total of your "evidence," color me unimpressed.

It is a statement of the person accused. And, if you were unaware, detention without due process is entirely 'legal' [sarcasm] by virtue of the Patriot Act and NDAA.

No intent to impress.

Meanwhile, those of us who work WITHIN the system have brought you Heller, MacDonald, Peralta, Etc, Etc. While the attention whores have accomplished exactly NOTHING except gettiing even MORE restrictions passed.

The proof is in the pudding.

And those in positions of government have brought us Connecticut, Maryland, New York, California, Colorado, Washinton, soon Oregon, Ad Infinitum...

The proof is indeed in the pudding.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads