JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Don't do this

SPOKANE, Wash. -

US Marshals arrested a man carrying an AK-style rifle at the entrance to the Federal courthouse Wednesday morning.

Anthony Bosworth, who walked onto federal property with the rifle slung across his back, told a security officer with Department of Homeland Security he wasn't there to achieve anything; he claimed he was there to exercise his rights. When the DHS officer asked him if he was making some sort of 2nd Amendment statement he said he was actually there exercising his 10th Amendment rights.

As Bosworth and the DHS officer talked for several moments, a US Marshal approached them and brought an end to the discussion.

"This is federal property, you can't bring guns here, if you don't leave we will arrest you. It's that simple. You're not protesting you are violating the law," the Marshal said.

Shortly after that Bosworth is taken into custody by the Marshal, while the woman who was with him backed up onto public property on the sidewalk.

Members of the Patrick Henry Society say Bosworth was a co-organizer of the "I Will Not Comply" rally and the "Our Capitol, Our Rights" rally. He is also said to be one of the leaders of Liberty For All

http://www.kxly.com/news/spokane-ne...arrying-weapon-at-federal-courthouse/31486396

Last Edited:
Ya, good luck getting the Feds to back off the "no guns on Fed property" stuff as ISIS is getting all the coverage it is. Not gonna happen.

Hope this guy can plea out to a misdemeanor. This is a cause with virtually ZERO support, even among a lot of otherwise supportive gun owners.

And of all places a courthouse? That's the ONE place I can think of where it makes a sense to say no guns. There's armed security, metal detectors, etc. Your likelihood of needing a gun there is remote to the point of not being worth talking about. And well, people get insanely, and stupidly mad in courthouses. Ya, I'm just as glad my daughter's ex can't carry a gun inside with him as he hears the ruling that he's not getting custody and has to pay child support. (Example only, she's happily married).

Sorry, that's just reality.

Carry it over to the National Parks Service building and I'll have a lot more support for you next time.

They even tried to let him leave. According to the linked news story (for all that is worth) the FBI questioned him and told him he won't be charged if he can stay out of trouble for a year.

I do support him, but someone that involved in the community either knew what he was doing and protested anyway (BAD IDEA ON FED LANDS) OR didnt realize it was off limits.

If you're doing civil disobedience, going to jail isn't the worst thing in the world. But NO ONE who isn't an idiot does civil disobedience when 99% of the population doesn't even support your position. Which is exactly why this particular piece of civil disobedience was so stupid.

Congratulations. You just helped cement in the minds of many people who might otherwise support us that gun rights=insane, stupid people.

Ya, that helped us a LOT:( /sarcasm

If you're doing civil disobedience, going to jail isn't the worst thing in the world. But NO ONE who isn't an idiot does civil disobedience when 99% of the population doesn't even support your position. Which is exactly why this particular piece of civil disobedience was so stupid.

Congratulations. You just helped cement in the minds of many people who might otherwise support us that gun rights=insane, stupid people.

Ya, that helped us a LOT:( /sarcasm
a little bit similar to the gun toting visitors of the Capitol chambers the other day ... not cool ... not helping

I really wish these guys would stop making fools of themselves. I understand the use of effective civil disobedience where you have hundreds or even thousands gathered violating the law. Strength in numbers makes it nearly impossible to arrest folks.
Mission accomplished.

But this...this is the equivalency of a black man in Alabama in 1963 marching into a police station and yelling at the racist cops all by himself. It is just stupid.
Wait for your time. Patience is a virtue.

Holding the moral high-ground does not make you invincible. This isn't a movie.
Stop making us all look bad.

And lastly, there are a lot of these guys who are hassling the police. That's a bad idea. If anything, you want the police on our side. Especially now with the way they are being treated by the feds. Now is the time to forge alliances with local law enforcement. Not to agitate them at traffic stops etc. Gavin, you know what you are doing down there. It's disgraceful.

I really wish these guys would stop making fools of themselves. I understand the use of effective civil disobedience where you have hundreds or even thousands gathered violating the law. Strength in numbers makes it nearly impossible to arrest folks.
Mission accomplished.

But this...this is the equivalency of a black man in Alabama in 1963 marching into a police station and yelling at the racist cops all by himself. It is just stupid.
Wait for your time. Patience is a virtue.

Holding the moral high-ground does not make you invincible. This isn't a movie.
Stop making us all look bad.

And lastly, there are a lot of these guys who are hassling the police. That's a bad idea. If anything, you want the police on our side. Especially now with the way they are being treated by the feds. Now is the time to forge alliances with local law enforcement. Not to agitate them at traffic stops etc. Gavin, you know what you are doing down there. It's disgraceful.
nicely put... getting the police (especially the elected ones) on your side is a much better strategy. Look at Milwaukee County Sheriff Clarke, he is a great example....

<broken link removed>

Rather than read him his rights and allow him access to an attorney, they told him that he would not be speaking to a lawyer of any kind, let alone one of his choosing. The idea of access to legal counsel as secured by the Constitution, he was told, was "Hollywood stuff." In other words, we do not care what the Constitution says; we will do to you whatever we want. Under the current "terrorism" laws, they can.

During his five hours of detention, the agents spent three of those hours interrogating him about everything from Liberty for All to how many firearms he owned to how "hostile" patriots were in Washington State. They alternated between threatening him with federal jail time, and offering him everything they could think of in an effort to get him to talk about his associates, his activities, and his beliefs. Some of the information they told him they were already aware of came from people within the movement, at least one of whom had voluntarily met with the FBI in an effort to 'open dialogue' a few days ago. It was obvious with other pieces of information that they were simply fishing.

"It was pretty obvious that they desperately want a mole," Bosworth said. It should also be pointed out that several people were open carrying in that location at that time. No one was even approached except him. No one was arrested. No one was cited. No one was even talked to. He was singled out.

First, it isn't about whether you "need" a gun somewhere or not. It is never about need - it is about your rights.

That said, this was a dumb move - even for open carry advocates - as most people recognize.

He will most likely at least lose any firearms he had with him.

He will possibly lose any freedom to legally own firearms in the future.

If he wasn't smart, and it doesn't sound to me like he is, he will also possibly lose any firearms he owns at home or anywhere else.

He will most likely also have to spend a lot of money on lawyers and court fees, even if he wins, which he probably will not. He may spend time in jail or even prison. If he is employed by someone else, he will probably lose his job.

All around not a smart move, and not going to accomplish much if anything; those who would sympathize with him already sympathize with him. The rest will not.

our good old mr. "i will not comply" bosworth.

he's beligerent, is told to gtfo. does his "i will not comply" and "civil disobedience" shtick. and then gets all astonished when he's arrested.

derp. :rolleyes:

I'm surprised at the attitudes being displayed here. Y'all are saying he was in the wrong but was he?
Can anyone tell me specifically what law he broke?
I read the applicable us codes and he didn't violate them.
He never resisted or fought back, just expressed his dissatisfaction with how these federal agents were handling this.
It seems the agents and you guys need a better understanding of "federal property" (which legally doesn't exist in this application) and public property.
We The People and all that. Remember?
SMH.

its no longer about your rights they are trying to change your rights and your helping them
yall just keep parading with long guns....scare the crap out of the mommy's and they will vote you down......more mothers than gun owners....tards

So don't exercise your Rights 'cause you might lose them.
Is that the message we're trying to spread?
Tell you what. I'm gonna be a nice guy and help you out. Give me all your guns so you don't lose your 2A Rights.
Sound good?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads