JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
It isn't clear to me whether this is when the person who shot the protestor is arrested, although one person does use his foot to drag-kick the gun that was sitting on the ground away. Crowd menacing him. Poster of the video is clearly partisan:

EDIT: link to video only -- the link above requires you to scroll down one. Can't fix that. NSFW

EDIT2: They aren't police.

Last Edited:
Initial impression; Good shoot. Disparity of force, he was fleeing and was chased and then attacked again by multiple people.

If he was taunting them as he left, or he instigated before the video started then he asked to get smacked and the whole thing takes a different tone.

Initial impression; Good shoot. Disparity of force, he was fleeing and was chased and then attacked again by multiple people.

If he was taunting them as he left, or he instigated before the video started then he asked to get smacked and the whole thing takes a different tone.

Some reports say he pepper sprayed some people beforehand. Video will be required though because I wouldn't trust the rioters to give an accurate verbal account.

Some reports say he pepper sprayed some people beforehand. Video will be required though because I wouldn't trust the rioters to give an accurate verbal account.

As an example, after having watched the video, I would expect all the rioters to commit perjury about the leadup:

yeahRight.png

getting it with a skateboard, check
people yelling kill him, check
disparity of force or multiple assailants, check
what is it in Oregon?
ability
opportunity
jeopardy
check

Well again, as the scum keep getting brave and attacking, because nothing happens, this is going to start to happen. As always happens notice how the super brave run like roaches as soon as one gets shot. I also had to LOL at the call the Police and call 911, this from people who want there to be no Cops. 911 should tell them sorry, you all said you wanted no Cops so none are coming:D.

So you have protesters illegally trying to destroy city property, probably while committing other offenses.

Police doing nothing.

Citizens outnumbered trying to prevent said destruction,

And those citizens are the terrorists?

This Mayor is a joke.

It's funny how armed citizens doing the right thing are the enemy.

But protesters committing crimes, destruction, and looting are patriots?!

Dang 2020 must have gone through some weird wormhole in common sense and reality

wow, another guy who just happens to interject himself into a dumb situation in order to 'fear for his life' how convenient. :rolleyes:

Remember folks, destruction of public property is never worth trying to defend with your life.... unless you want political points.

wow, another guy who just happens to interject himself into a dumb situation in order to 'fear for his life' how convenient. :rolleyes:

Remember folks, destruction of public property is never worth trying to defend with your life.... unless you want political points.

I see an odd trend here of consistently blaming a person for using a firearm to defend themselves when they are being attacked. 'Interesting'

Does he not have every right to use a public space as the people who are destroying property? Should peaceful people cower in their houses just because there are 'not peaceful people' out and about in abnormally large numbers. Up until he was attacked, was the gun even remotely an issue, as in, did he use it against people prior to being attacked? No - the rioters, per usual, escalated from increasingly aggressive verbal statements to physical violence. An easy measurement is to consider: "if a policeman was under attack in the same manner by the same number of foes, would he be justified in using deadly force," yes, most definitely. Done, good riddance.

At what point do you interject?

When armed protesters take over city blocks?
Keep you hostage?

I'm not saying they were right but the mob mentality is growing, and getting more brazen to commit more and more dangerous action.

If the politicians are allowing it or embracing it. The police are not stopping it.
It will get worse.
And these situations will continue to become more common.

I see an odd trend here of consistently blaming a person for using a firearm to defend themselves when they are being attacked. 'Interesting'

While I personally will shed no tears for the moron who got shot, the guy who shot him is at best facing years of VERY expensive legal hassles. He very well may end up in prison before this is over. So again, was it worth it? To me if I was there? No. Now if they were trying to set fire to my home? Sure I would go and stop them. Just as with the Cop in Atlanta who shot the moron who took the Taser. Should the Cops be able to dust him? Yes. Given the climate again was it worth it? The Cop was promptly fired. They are clamoring to charge him with murder. So he to at best is looking at years of EXPENSIVE legal hassle. No doubt he will be doxed, so his life will be in danger. For what? If I was a Cop? Let the scum go. Sooner or later some of the more well to due are going to get bit. When some drunk like this kills some of them. They can listen as they are told the Cops had to let the driver go. Or when their home is on fire.

Last Edited:

Does he not have every right to use a public space as the people who are destroying property? Should peaceful people cower in their houses just because there are 'not peaceful people' out and about in abnormally large numbers. Up until he was attacked, was the gun even remotely an issue, as in, did he use it against people prior to being attacked? No - the rioters, per usual, escalated from increasingly aggressive verbal statements to physical violence. An easy measurement is to consider: "if a policeman was under attack in the same manner by the same number of foes, would he be justified in using deadly force," yes, most definitely. Done, good riddance.

What exactly did I blame him of? Interjecting into a dumb situation? Yea. Did he do that? Yea. Did I say he had no right? Absolutely not, he has the right to instigate whatever violence he wants to, but in doing so loses the legal right to defend himself without repercussions.

Everything was peaceful until he initiated an altercation. Any claim to self defense after that is iffy at best, just like the Seattle gunman.

Bottom line is, public property is not worth defending with your life.... unless you want political points.

What exactly did I blame him of? Interjecting into a dumb situation? Yea. Did he do that? Yea. Did I say he had no right? Absolutely not, he has the right to instigate whatever violence he wants to, but in doing so loses the legal right to defend himself without repercussions.

Everything was peaceful until he initiated an altercation. Any claim to self defense after that is iffy at best, just like the Seattle gunman.

It appears taking a skateboard to the head and then running away to only be pursued and attacked further is a funny way of instigating an altercation.

Again, this all depends on the presumption that public spaces are ok for some people, and not others. All people have equal right to use public spaces, most people are intelligent enough to be able to do that while peacefully coexisting with other people who may have contrary views, as seen in this video. You show me how the gunman physically initiated an attack to only then shoot a person and I will change my mind, otherwise, someone who thought they could use mob violence to attack another person for only having a different ideology, boo hoo.

Insinuating that the guy initiated this problem by being in a public space is a really lame argument.

You seem to like to drop these cutesy comments a lot - but always leave the conversation when folks engage you in discourse.
Your comments are very revealing and seem like a taunt now. Projection?

This is your war. You and your friends started it all - and now seem surprised that things are getting to a brink.

fred.jpg trophy.jpg

I have a serious question @turbo_vanner - Your interests in firearms and 2A.... Are you a hunter? Or do you believe in firearms for personal protection?

Last Edited:
If the politicians are allowing it or embracing it. The police are not stopping it.
It will get worse.

Don't forget the media. Look at this story in the context of the video of the shooting:

1) USNews only links to the video where you can hear the shots, it does not link to the video of the shooting itself. EDIT: sorry, they only discuss the video in which you can hear shots. They do not discuss the video of the shooter being beaten by a group.
2) Youtube appears to have deleted the video of the shooting in my post above.
3) Throughout the USNews article, the rioters destroying public property are identified as "protesters".

We can see with our own eyes what really happened but the media is doing its best to hide that fact and to whitewash the rioters' actions. The media is actually intentionally things worse by twisting facts and hiding facts.

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top