JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
wow, another guy who just happens to interject himself into a dumb situation in order to 'fear for his life' how convenient. :rolleyes:

Remember folks, destruction of public property is never worth trying to defend with your life.... unless you want political points.
What exactly did I blame him of? Interjecting into a dumb situation? Yea. Did he do that? Yea. Did I say he had no right? Absolutely not, he has the right to instigate whatever violence he wants to, but in doing so loses the legal right to defend himself without repercussions.

Everything was peaceful until he initiated an altercation. Any claim to self defense after that is iffy at best, just like the Seattle gunman.

Bottom line is, public property is not worth defending with your life.... unless you want political points.
There's a subtle shift in your language between the two posts. In the first, with your statement that I highlighted, you insinuate he was there with intent and the opportunity came to fruition.
I find your statement ironic, "everything was peaceful until he initiated an altercation."
Hmm. Demonstrators tearing down a statue. What's peaceful about that?

The protesters have the right to protest, as he also has the right to protest their destructive actions. While it may not be the brightest action to wade in and protest, he did.
Whatever he did that resulted in him drawing his weapon and fleeing, at this point is unknown. However, it is clear from the OMG! videographer that he is pursued, cornered, and hit a few times.
It appeared he was about to receive a severe beating. Justified shoot. Common sense would say dumb idea to be present at all.
The legal wrangling will be interesting.

In @awshoot 's video link, the militia who are providing him protection definitely lose control of the crowd.

What I find appalling is when shizzle starts to flow, people are pulling out their phones. It's insane. The addiction of social media propels our population to new lows in stupidity.

What I find appalling is when shizzle starts to flow, people are pulling out their phones. It's insane. The addiction of social media propels our population to new lows in stupidity.

I've been struck by this too -- something happens and a dozen people whip out their phones. Something they don't like even innocuous, and the phones come out. It's really passive aggressive -- maybe more than that in the age of cancel culture.

The protest was peaceful. How do you commit violence against a statue? It's literally an unfeeling block. If I saw that, I'd remember not to pull my gun out in a crowd of unarmed citizens trying to defend a rock.

The protest was peaceful. How do you commit violence against a statue? It's literally an unfeeling block. If I saw that, I'd remember not to pull my gun out in a crowd of unarmed citizens trying to defend a rock.

If people were destroying the community in which you live and your children live, would you consider that peaceful? I bet you half those "peaceful" protestors don't given live in that community. He was trying to do the right thing and they show their true colors and attacked him.

The courts will hash all of this out. From what I saw of witness videos was a crowd around the statue. A woman/girl attempts to block the view and path of guy in blue shirt as they move towards statue, Im sure tensions are high, he grabs the woman and throws her to the ground behind him. Then gets attacked by the crowd, skateboard to the head, and a ground scuffle ensues. I think many made a series of poor choices.

If you are vandalizing and come with 'tools' to accomplish that task ,you are NOT a protester! You are engaging in criminal behavior and really should go and live with your fellow travelers in a "Lord of the Flies" compound somewhere away from all that you hate and defile or be willing to 'cowboy up' and take the bullet! The inmates are on the loose!

If people were destroying the community in which you live and your children live, would you consider that peaceful? I bet you half those "peaceful" protestors don't given live in that community. He was trying to do the right thing and they show their true colors and attacked him.
How is it destroying the community it's a statue they could always replace it. ABQ police already have a massive police budget just take it out of that. Jeez I thought gun ownership was protecting yourself from the police.

If you are vandalizing and come with 'tools' to accomplish that task ,you are NOT a protester! You are engaging in criminal behavior and really should go and live with your fellow travelers in a "Lord of the Flies" compound somewhere away from all that you hate and defile or be willing to 'cowboy up' and take the bullet! The inmates are on the loose!
Alright, next time you protest for a haircut, don't bust out your ARs and plate carriers and protest in the designated free speech zone.

This thread is an example of what personal jabs, trolling and divisiveness does to a online community. Remember rule #1 of being excellent to each other.
The Anti's love it when they see divisive behavior in a 2A forum, it's not what we're about here.

Thread closed.

As far as the destruction of monuments and statues ...
No it should not be done.

If you don't like the monument or statue....then take the legal means to remove it.
Vandalism is a crime.
Andy

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR