JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
With Citi's new anti 2A and age discrimination policy I'm looking to dump my citi card and get something else. I'm looking for good cash back benefits. Ideally it would be a pro 2A card but I'd also be happy with a card from a bank that is neutral/non-political.

I'm no longer an NRA member due to their willingness to compromise but I saw there's an NRA visa card. However, I see that the backing bank is not renewing their contract with the NRA due to their own anti-2A stand so that doesn't appear to be a viable option even if I decided to rejoin to get the card.

I've had a Cabela's card in the past but those benefits mainly (only?) come from shopping at Cabela's which I do only very infrequently.

So if you know of an explicitly pro 2A card, let's hear it. And if you have a 2A neutral card with great cash back benefits, let's hear it.

Thanks!

I've submitted a suggestion to the NRA that they should start their own Credit Union. They could do a whole bunch of good things for the gun owners of this country. Loans for Gunshows and Gunshops and Ranges would be just a few of the things. They could issue their own Credit Cards.

As I said, the bank backing the NRA card is not going to renew their contract with the NRA. Maybe a new bank will? But that gives me no option right now and who knows when that contract ends and a new one with a new bank would hypothetically begin.

Wow, your so slick! I'm guessing you fail to realize every single one of your purchases makes them more money than the incentives they pay out.
Since I've never met a banker who gave away money I'm not surprised that they are making money off of people using a credit card! Go Figure!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

While it may be hard to find a bank who is pro 2nd, or at least will admit it just use anyone but Citi. I have both a Discover and a Capitol one. Both offer cash back and many travel deals. Discover regularly offers 5% cash back deals at different places. Any time they do I sign up for them.

Spent time researching options, including the ones mentioned here (thanks to those who suggested cards). The best I've come across, at least for my needs, is probably Huntington Bank's. 1% cash back in general, which is by no means great, but 3% for whatever category you choose, which you can change every 3 months. I couldn't find any info on them being anti-2A in any way. Anyone aware of any anti-2A policies or whatever?

Umpqua looks relatively decent to with a flat 1.25% cash back. Might be worth considering for regular banking even if I get a different cc because we're with Wells Fargo and of course I've discovered that they're anti-2A (should've guessed).

Discover could be OK as a secondary card but I need a visa or mastercard because of being more universal and because Costco takes visa (one of the keys to getting spousal buy off).

Other national banks all seem to have reports of anti-2A policies or behavior.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top