JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
the question shouldnt be on the form, but since it is Hunter should be charged and prosecuted. I heard he pleaded innocent today.... not gonna be a good look for the gun controllers if hes acquitted.

"lying on a federal form when he bought it"??
Does an unconstitutional requirement bear any allegiance to it?

There are no historical analogues that support the suspension of gun rights for being addicted to substances. The best they can come up with is not being armed WHILE intoxicated. I also wonder how many of the founders were alcoholics...albeit perhaps high functioning alcoholics?

2nd Amendment (for the elite)

YEAH.....

Permits (and fees) to purchase guns and/or ammo.
BGC with FFL involvement (fees) prior to transfer.

Yup....and perhaps one day.....the liberals will require a mental health exam too (think : doctor's fees).

ALL IN THE NAME OF SAFETY!

Aloha, Mark

PS.......
1696447694423.png

Personally I have no issue with individuals who use drugs recreationally owning firearms.
Define "recreational" and what sort of drugs. Pot, fine. Alcohol, LSD and the other hallucinogens not near as much. Fentenyl and smack, stay away from guns and knives! Ive seen some real dumb-bunny crap by guys drinking in deer-camp... nor would I want some fool trippin around me with a gun. Same goes for meth heads...

Owning and posessing/using guns are two different things.

Many states have laws against public intoxication. Not anything more can be done to prevent someone from getting high and handling a gun. I doubt any crack heads gonna care about the law.

Someone's right to own arms is a different matter. Should someone lose their constitutional right because they choose to use drugs?

Define "recreational" and what sort of drugs. Pot, fine. Alcohol, LSD and the other hallucinogens not near as much. Fentenyl and smack, stay away from guns and knives! Ive seen some real dumb-bunny crap by guys drinking in deer-camp... nor would I want some fool trippin around me with a gun. Same goes for meth heads...
RE : Recreational Drugs and Illegal Usage

Thinking along the lines of today's permissive society and the ever expanding "acceptable norms".

WAIT, Wait, wait.....decriminalization, legalized small amounts and legal in WA, OR and many other states.....

Hummmm.......*since they don't even test to drive a school bus (not talking about CDL). Could I/should I dare to ask?

1696454419958.png

*in the PD we had "surprise" drug testing.

Aloha, Mark

PS.......

Where is THE LINE DRAWN?

Well, that's above my pay grade. But, if you don't want "them" driving your kids in a school bus.....then, THAT LINE, is probably a good stating point.

Last Edited:
Would you allow drunks to own cars? Or just to not operate them when they are drunk?

I wasn't addressing ownership. Perhaps I wasnt clear enuff, we were, I thought, discussing use while intoxicated.
Ah, I thought I saw ownership. I'm OK frankly with people drinking a beer while they're carrying. I'm not cool with them staggering around with a gun on their hip. I'm not sure that we have a great universal test, but a BAC of .15 or higher would be a concern to me. How you measure other drugs I haven't even looked into.

It's not up to me to dictate what people do with their lives.

I wasn't addressing ownership. Perhaps I wasnt clear enuff, we were, I thought, discussing use while intoxicated.
If that's the case why are you on with an individual being intoxicated with alcohol and weed….

Impaired judgment is impaired judgment.

If that's the case why are you on with an individual being intoxicated with alcohol and weed….

Impaired judgment is impaired judgment.
I never said I was "on" with alcohol and guns, quite the opposite. That said, I've never had a problem dealing with someone who has smoked weed- usually they have been quite docile and laid back. Taking a drunk into custody has sometimes been another matter. Some guys on god-knows -what have required several officers to restrain. Just my experiences.

I never said I was "on" with alcohol and guns, quite the opposite. That said, I've never had a problem dealing with someone who has smoked weed- usually they have been quite docile and laid back. Taking a drunk into custody has sometimes been another matter. Some guys on god-knows -what have required several officers to restrain. Just my experiences.
That's fair. I've had similar experiences. But I don't think the use of a substance should strip your rights of firearm ownership.

Now if you use and then go commit a felony your right to own a gun is gone. I have no issue with that. Whether it be when your drunk or high.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews