JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
How do I go about doing a background check for a private party sale. I understand this is currently not required but I am opting to do so any ways.

I was told I could do it online for $10 at OSP's website but I only see where a FFL can do this. Am I just missing where the public can do this?

How do I go about doing a background check for a private party sale. I understand this is currently not required but I am opting to do so any ways.

I was told I could do it online for $10 at OSP's website but I only see where a FFL can do this. Am I just missing where the public can do this?

You could ask to see a CHL. You have to pass a background check to get one. Also, while you're at it, I believe that your state has a number you can call to run the serial number of the firearm. May as well check the gun too.

Well I know the firearm is good. But I wouldnt want to restrict to just a CHL holder as a person whom just went thru the CHL process myself I wouldnt think it fair. I just wouldnt want to sell to someone that may be prohibtted from owning a firearm.

A DPSST is also state issued document that requires a good BGC.
other than a CHL, or DPSST, I don't know how to do it.

Ironic too, as the demo crats are screaming for BGC, but offer no solution to get one.....

Well I know the firearm is good. But I wouldnt want to restrict to just a CHL holder as a person whom just went thru the CHL process myself I wouldnt think it fair. I just wouldnt want to sell to someone that may be prohibtted from owning a firearm.

The other side of this is that in trying to be "fair" you will alienate some potential buyers who buy private party specifically so the state won't have a record of the transaction.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top