JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
How do I go about doing a background check for a private party sale. I understand this is currently not required but I am opting to do so any ways.

I was told I could do it online for $10 at OSP's website but I only see where a FFL can do this. Am I just missing where the public can do this?

How do I go about doing a background check for a private party sale. I understand this is currently not required but I am opting to do so any ways.

I was told I could do it online for $10 at OSP's website but I only see where a FFL can do this. Am I just missing where the public can do this?

You could ask to see a CHL. You have to pass a background check to get one. Also, while you're at it, I believe that your state has a number you can call to run the serial number of the firearm. May as well check the gun too.

Well I know the firearm is good. But I wouldnt want to restrict to just a CHL holder as a person whom just went thru the CHL process myself I wouldnt think it fair. I just wouldnt want to sell to someone that may be prohibtted from owning a firearm.

A DPSST is also state issued document that requires a good BGC.
other than a CHL, or DPSST, I don't know how to do it.

Ironic too, as the demo crats are screaming for BGC, but offer no solution to get one.....

Well I know the firearm is good. But I wouldnt want to restrict to just a CHL holder as a person whom just went thru the CHL process myself I wouldnt think it fair. I just wouldnt want to sell to someone that may be prohibtted from owning a firearm.

The other side of this is that in trying to be "fair" you will alienate some potential buyers who buy private party specifically so the state won't have a record of the transaction.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top