JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Grunwald,
I was just using the story as a metaphor. I love my Ruger Security Six, but laid side by side, the Python wins every time in aesthetic beauty, craftsmanship and design.
If some one offered to buy my Python for a good chunk of change, it would go down the road in a heart beat. I won't part with my Ruger.
I run ads looking for these Rugers and last year I got a call from a guy in Turner Oregon, just south of Salem wanting to sell his 4" blued model. (He couldn't shoot anymore because of bad eyesite due to diabetes.)
On the way down there from Portland, I received another call from a guy located in Turner also, with a 4" blued for sale. He lived a mile from the guy I was driving to. Bought both of them for $300.00 each. One of them is an earlier model and the bluing has turned into a plumy purplish color on the frame. That's my favorite one.

Grunwald,
I was just using the story as a metaphor. I love my Ruger Security Six, but laid side by side, the Python wins every time in aesthetic beauty, craftsmanship and design.
If some one offered to buy my Python for a good chunk of change, it would go down the road in a heart beat. I won't part with my Ruger.
I run ads looking for these Rugers and last year I got a call from a guy in Turner Oregon, just south of Salem wanting to sell his 4" blued model. (He couldn't shoot anymore because of bad eyesite due to diabetes.)
On the way down there from Portland, I received another call from a guy located in Turner also, with a 4" blued for sale. He lived a mile from the guy I was driving to. Bought both of them for $300.00 each. One of them is an earlier model and the bluing has turned into a plumy purplish color on the frame. That's my favorite one.

Oh, I realize it was a metaphor, but I actually find the Security Six quite handsome.... although I have not put them next to the Python in quite a while, and even then it's not a fair comparison as my Python is Nickle and the Sixes are Stainless - so it's big shine vs little shine.

I have not thought of putting ads when I was looking for them, but I am glad you're in Oregon and not close to me, so that when I decide to go for another I will not have to worry about competition :cool:

MrB, thanks for starting this thread. I've been a Security Six fan for years. I've only been fortunate enough to have the first one I ever bought, but I've put countless rounds thru it and it's one of those guns I will never sell.

I sure wish Ruger would re-issue them. I much prefer the feel and balance to the GP100. Hmmmm. Maybe some of this year's bonus money might just get squirreled away for a 4" or 2 3/4" blued model if I can find a good one.

See what you started? :s0114:

Now, post some pics and a range report. :s0012:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews