JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Apologies if this is the wrong forum. Please move if i'm remiss in posting this here.

I'm wanting to make a caliber change in order to hunt larger game and i'd like to sell my .270. If it's not worth anything, i'll keep it and have a spare or eventually a kids deer gun (it's a deer slaying machine!) but anyway...

I bought it new in 1995 and put about 30 rounds through it. The problem is i had it in a hardshell carry case that got too hot and the foam became sticky and got on the scope and a tiny bit on the barrel.

So it's a Remington model 700 adl with wood furniture, a Simmons 4x12 pro hunter scope on weaver mounts, a decent sling, and a soft carry case (pictured).

The photo's below show the gunk on the scope that i've been unable to get off (been too afraid to try any harsh solvents).

What is the package worth with a couple boxes of Core Lokt ammunition?

Thanks for any input!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what/where you plan to hunt, but there is nothing in Oregon your .270 won't kill out to 350-400 yards, depending on your skill level.
If you want to go brush hunting elk, grab some 160gr Partitions and load 'em up.

I don't know what/where you plan to hunt, but there is nothing in Oregon your .270 won't kill out to 350-400 yards, depending on your skill level.
If you want to go brush hunting elk, grab some 160gr Partitions and load 'em up.

I hear you Jamie, but i'm going to start moose hunting. I know plenty of Alaskan's who have killed countless moose with .270 it boils down to a comfort level for me.

I was thinking the rifle might be worth somewhere around $450 and with the scope, sling, shells, and case thrown in around $550. Can anyone chime in & let me know if i'm in the ballpark?

You're a bit high for an ADL. I think the $450 would be closer with all the extras included...

I agree with MountainBear. The 700 ADL is a good meat and potatoes rifle. The Simmons scope doesn't add a lot of value although I personally think they are a pretty good quality entry level scope for the money. If you can get $450 I would take it and run.

Thanks for the answers guys. The new rifle i want is around $900. I'd like to get it out in the field this deer & elk season before taking to Alaska next year.

I think i'll list it for $450 firm and if it sells, it sells.

Appreciate the help!

If the gun has served you well, and you are comfortable with the design, etc., Save yourself a lot of money and rebarrel or re-bore it. .338-06 or .35 Whelen would make Mister Moose very nervous.

"000" steel wool and gun oil should take that right off. take your time as it's usually a slow process. it won't hurt the finish and anyrust that might be on it will be removed also.
good luck

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads