JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I got home from work today and was taking out the garbage. Still have on my duty weapon, badge and single handcuff carrier on. I heard footsteps in the gravel next to the house. I make the corner of the house and definitely hear foot steps. I take a peek to see if its the meter reader or something as I see some strange looking teenage kid with his back to me and he's got the face in the cell phone, totally unaware I was there watching. He is walking toward my back yard gate. Didn't think it necessary to draw on him, but I kept at the corner of the house and decide its time to figure some stuff out.

"STOP! DO NOT FACE ME! HANDS WHERE I CAN SEE THEM!"

"Oh my God, I'm looking for pokemon, dont hurt me!"

"WTF are you thinking boy? You need to get your head out of your azz. You have no right to be on anyone's property! How old are you?"

"15"

So, I got his name and his parent's phone number. I gave them a call and it sounds like they aren't too happy about it. Dad told the kid over speakerphone to go home and wait for him to get home from work.

To be Continued.

PS, had to look up what a pokemon was. Sounded like a gay Jamaican when I first heard him say it. I can see how this kid will die a virgin if he keeps playing with that crap.

I just cant believe how stupid someone would have to be to wander on the property of a stranger? Is this some sort of modern natueal selection tool?
Pure self-centering, obsessiveness and failure to THINK.

Doesn't help that the developers put "free stuff" spawn-sites in places like the Holocaust Museum, Arlington Cemetery, other places that are NOT appropriate for "fun and games"... they just throw crap in the game for geolocation to trigger without thinking about who owns the property IRL or what's there.

kids really need to be re-informed that trespassing is a very real crime and a lot of people myself included do not take kindly to people walking into my yard without permission you handled the situation pretty darn well. i'd also assume some would be burglars may use this as a tactic later on to be able to case a house and take off after explaining it was just for Pokémon

kids really need to be re-informed that trespassing is a very real crime and a lot of people myself included do not take kindly to people walking into my yard without permission you handled the situation pretty darn well. i'd also assume some would be burglars may use this as a tactic later on to be able to case a house and take off after explaining it was just for Pokémon

Criminals aren't that smart:D

Oh great, now you've given them the idea...

Whats interesting about pokemon go is that the license agreement states the developers have the right to mine any and all data on your device. This is about as intrusive as you can possibly get.

Ran into a group of teens at the park yesterday playing this, they have no clue whats going on around them...

Just another process to cleanse the gene pool.

i'd also assume some would be burglars may use this as a tactic later on to be able to case a house and take off after explaining it was just for Pokémon

Wanna hear something messed up? One of the biggest burglary scams lately is to wear service uniforms, rent a uhaul, and just completely clean people out. With Ft Lewis being so close, people don't bat an eye when they see people packing up and moving. They do this quite a bit in big apartment complexes where no one really knows anyone else.

The sad thing is that police world wide have had to warn players not to commit crimes or do other stupid things...like walk into trees.
Police Warn 'Pokémon Go' Players After Increase in Crime - Breitbart (http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/07/14/police-warn-pokemon-go-players-after-increase-in-crime/)

From Western Australia Police
1. Communicate with your family, let them know where you plan on going and what time you will expect to be home.
2. 'I was collecting Pokemon' is not a legal defence against a charge of trespass, so be sure that you have permission to enter an area or building.
3. If you are using the app in a public place, stay alert to what is going on around you, and who is around you.

I got home from work today and was taking out the garbage. Still have on my duty weapon, badge and single handcuff carrier on. I heard footsteps in the gravel next to the house. I make the corner of the house and definitely hear foot steps. I take a peek to see if its the meter reader or something as I see some strange looking teenage kid with his back to me and he's got the face in the cell phone, totally unaware I was there watching. He is walking toward my back yard gate. Didn't think it necessary to draw on him, but I kept at the corner of the house and decide its time to figure some stuff out.

"STOP! DO NOT FACE ME! HANDS WHERE I CAN SEE THEM!"

"Oh my God, I'm looking for pokemon, dont hurt me!"

"WTF are you thinking boy? You need to get your head out of your azz. You have no right to be on anyone's property! How old are you?"

"15"

So, I got his name and his parent's phone number. I gave them a call and it sounds like they aren't too happy about it. Dad told the kid over speakerphone to go home and wait for him to get home from work.

To be Continued.

PS, had to look up what a pokemon was. Sounded like a gay Jamaican when I first heard him say it. I can see how this kid will die a virgin if he keeps playing with that crap.
One day that kid will walk into the wrong person's ward and they will beat the crap out of him.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top