JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I didn't realize you had to be a 50 year old hobo comando to be on this site...:p

Im always in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Guess I'll see y'all in a decade or so.:oops:

> leaning over other people's dinners,

Oh come on. Either you are making this up or you aren't telling the whole story. The game has same accuracy as google maps if not worse. 1' difference isn't going to register anything. Hell, I would be shocked if it was accurate to 10'.

Continue to bash something you know nothing about and is used by millions. Literally the pettiest thing to post about. Sorry some kid was in your front yard.

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh come on. Either you are making this up or you aren't telling the whole story. The game has same accuracy as google maps if not worse. 1' difference isn't going to register anything. Hell, I would be shocked if it was accurate to 10'.

Continue to bash something you know nothing about and is used by millions. Literally the pettiest thing to post about. Sorry some kid was in your front yard.
I'm not arguing the accuracy. That argument actually doesn't really make sense to me. But I personally witnessed a late teens male follow his cell to a couple's table. When he stopped with his phone over the table, the man asked him "what the hell? You want a picture of my food?" Guy with the phone answers "no, I'm just catching Pokemon". Then he turns around and walks away, like it all made perfect sense.
You're right though, I've never played the game and know next to nothing about it. What I do know about it is the zombie players I've witnessed first hand. And that there are countless news stories proving how dangerous and intrusive the game can be.
That is all.

Just tossin' a little thought out for everybody to consider before things get any more heated over a stupid game...

From Community Rules (https://www.northwestfirearms.com/rules/) (relevant sections bolded)
1. Be excellent to each other
How you treat others here is a direct reflection on all gun owners, and believe us, people are watching. Opting for the high road is always the best choice, and arguing on the internet is pointless. Since we don't have time to babysit, we don't care who started it; most heated discussions result in both parties receiving a reminder. Continued friction between members is best dealt with via the ignore button.

This rule is purposely vague to inclusively prohibit a wide variety of rude, malicious, catty, sarcastic, hurtful, hateful, spiteful, barbed, and ornery behavior within the Northwest Firearms community including:

• General rudeness and disrespect (as outlined above).
  • Epithets, labels, and generalizations against another person or group of people, whether they are members here or not. These serve absolutely no purpose other than to divide us, directly opposite to our goal of uniting gun owners. ...
  • Using someone's affiliations as an ad hominem means of dismissing or discrediting their views regardless of whether said affiliations are mainstream. An example could be "you're a vegetarian, so what would you know about hunting?". ...
  • Accusations about personal behavior. If you believe a person's personal behavior is questionable, on or off the site, please contact a moderator.
These examples are not exhaustive. Insulting or disparaging another member is prohibited regardless of the manner in which it is done.

3. Divisive, negative, offensive, or inappropriate content is prohibited
This is the guideline which sets the overall look, feel, and tone of our community. As a public organization with clearly defined goals, we must do everything we can to establish and maintain a positive, welcoming, family-friendly environment. Per our Terms of Service, it is the responsibility of every member to act accordingly.

This rule is all encompassing, including threads, posts, images, videos, language, innuendos, insinuations, suggestions, intimations, implications, hints, overtones, undertones, allusions, and references, or links to content which would be considered divisive, negative, offensive, or inappropriate if posted here. This also includes causing discord by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages, either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking others into an emotional response, or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion (aka Trolling).
Let's all take a couple step back and a couple deep breaths, think on the points made--and there are good ones on both sides--with cooler heads. After all, people say the same things about our "arsenals of death-dealing"...

After all, people say the same things about our "arsenals of death-dealing"...
This is a dangerous way of thinking.
Why compare the two unless you agree with the gun haters? Does owning firearms make you walk off cliffs, or crash into police cars? Does it cause you to get so involved in it that you run your car into schools? Has it ever made you so unaware of your surroundings that bad guys could walk right up to you and Rob you? And on and on.
I don't get why you guys would want to compare the two.

Last Edited:
I'm just saying to remember that we all have different other hobbies--and that this forum should be focused on the overlap in the Venn Diagram, our presence in the firearms community. The quotes in what you cite were meant to illustrate mockery of what they say about us...

Can't stand those annoying little critters and the games they're in, but the main point is "As long as you're safe and responsible, which some pretty egregious violations have been cited, To Each Their Own." As far as origins of companions, that was a pretty blatant Site Rules Violation.

Me thinks someone got a nerve hit...o_O

Get ready for a long post...

When I left the cellular industry 6 years ago (pre everyone has a smart phone) the flip phones would locate you accurately to within 3 feet - every time. I spent countless hours testing the system and 3 feet was our minimum acceptable distance for 911 dispatching.

I'm positive they have that distance even closer now, technology skyrocket right after I left.

Now if I could be presumptuous and offer some advice.

First off I've been a gamer for 36 years. I've played RPG games when they were just text, the first FPS Wolfenstein, skipped the first MMOPRPG and then played WoW from the beginning thu the first 3 expansions (I'm even über nerd enough to have ran a rather successful raiding guild of a few hundred for a couple years) and played more COD then I'd like to count. Now my full grown daughter is still a teen and she and her mom stay pretty close so I get to hear about all of the new fads 'how long this will last is anyone's guess' - I wouldn't be suprised to see participation greatly decrease as the rain comes back and school starts back up. Regardless I feel like I have enough perspective on the gaming world to make any opinionated statement I want about it.

But I don't. Take a step back (as I see your new here) and get a feel for the temperature of the water. Spend a little time in the shallow water before diving in. This is a fairly conservative forum compared to a gamers board. As such, your comments and views are not going to be taken well, especially with an attitude behind it and posting assumptions as well as attacking the general membership by calling names.

Your not going to get any sympathy from the majority here and if you read this thread thru without getting unhappy you will notice most of us have kids that are grown or even out of the house and we can tend to be a grumpy lot when it comes to our basic rights, privacy amoung them.

My suggestion to you would be to focus on gun stuff you like and leave the off topic threads alone until you develop some friendships here. Otherwise you will just end up on most people's ignore list and then why even bother posting eh?

I applaud your desire to defend something you enjoy but ask yourself 1. Will it change anything & 2. Is it really worth it.

I'm guessing not but only you can effect how your comments are taken here.

Middle of the night and I'm in pain trying to stay off the oxy so I will leave this as is - I think I clearly communicated my thoughts , I hope:p:D. If not I'd be happy to expand as needed.

Welcome to the Forum and Cheers,

Joe

I forgot, I have heard of nerdy sheeeet like this before. I know a doctor that paid some Asian overseas player $1,200 per month to move his game player further up in the game.
I know anesteaoligist that play that dumb game during surgeries. I think it was called world of war craft??
Dorkville
But to each his own.

All I know is there's some pretty touchy neck-beard wearing, 45 year old virgins with unrealistically proportion Japanese animae girlfriends (who don't own machineguns) around here! :rolleyes:

:D

I give you, TRIGGLYPUFF Social Justice Warrior EXTRODINAIRE!

VOTE FOR HILLARY!!! o_O

It sounds like a fun game to me. And I am 50.:D
I'm sure most are careful and respectful. And cause no problem. Only the few negative stories make headlines. And those people could be just as careless driving, shooting or riding a bike.

I do like the exercise aspect of the game. Most people from 12 to 92 could use more of that.

As far as people in my back yard? Ain't gona happen. ''There be monsters there''! ;)

Last Edited:
All I know is there's some pretty touchy neck-beard wearing, 45 year old virgins with unrealistically proportion Japanese animae girlfriends (who don't own machineguns) around here! :rolleyes:

VOTE FOR HILLARY!!! o_O

I don't know what to say. She must be a true joy to be around...not. Before today, I had not heard of the trigglypuff, now I'm very sorry for having learned about it. Pretty good example though of the types of folks we're up against in the gun fight - dealing in common sense arguments does little good with people that scream and shout and throw a ridiculous hissy fit until the leaders cave and give them what they want.

If she keeps that up she's going to give herself an aneurysm.

Sick, sick, sick world.

VOTE FOR HILLARY!!! o_O

I dislike and want my innocence back from before I watched that video:p

I think it's actually pretty great. Not that I played it or ever will. Anything that gets people out and about and actually more engaged in the greater world is a good thing in my opinion.
Just the other day while I was out for a hike, I stopped and talked with a couple of gals (that actually looked like our beloved Trigglypuff) and discovered that they were out playing Go. Nice. Awesome.
My thing is though, I can see it getting to be like all those loose rambunctious dogs running wild at the "keep dogs on leash" parks. You know, where you've laid out a nice blanket and are having a cozy picnic with your love only to have a four legged berserker body slam pate' up your left nostril while you're trying to be all suave and stuff.
Hey, this is my lawn!

lol

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews