JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Executive orders? Like all the anti gun EO's that Obama has issued since day one of his presidency? ZERO . Not one. EO's are a scare tactic that never happens because they have to follow US law and the administration doesnt even issue one unless their legal counsel has signed off on them. To date in the US there has not been a single anti gun Executive Order issued by any President ever. You think Hillary is going to start issued worthless EO's on day one? Obama hasnt. What makes you think she's that dumb? OK. Thats a pretty wide open question but if it could have been done it would have been done already.
Fast and furious! eo on that

If it was me I'd start with magazines. Buy mags for guns you dont have. If you think you might like to have a Glock 19 buy a few Glock 19 mags. When you do get around to buying a Glock with the two 10 round mags you can throw them in the sock drawer and use real mags.

If it was me I'd start with magazines. Buy mags for guns you dont have. If you think you might like to have a Glock 19 buy a few Glock 19 mags. When you do get around to buying a Glock with the two 10 round mags you can throw them in the sock drawer and use real mags.
But whyfor? To be honest, I didn't read the whole thread to further divine intent but for arbitrage/to make money?
Of course there's nothing wrong with that but try to think a bit deeper for a fellow that "has nothing", perhaps.

But whyfor? To be honest, I didn't read the whole thread to further divine intent but for arbitrage/to make money?
Of course there's nothing wrong with that but try to think a bit deeper for a fellow that "has nothing", perhaps.

If anything is going to happen in Oregon and Washington its going to be a California style ban on high capacity mags similar to what happened during the federal crime bill ban. The federal stuff will be a non starter but thats not what we have to worry about here. Picking up high cap mags will matter later on when you cant get them Guns will still be available but mags will be hard to get. Theyre cheap and available now. Planning ahead now is going to make the future more bearable.

If anything is going to happen in Oregon and Washington its going to be a California style ban on high capacity mags similar to what happened during the federal crime bill ban. The federal stuff will be a non starter but thats not what we have to worry about here. Picking up high cap mags will matter later on when you cant get them Guns will still be available but mags will be hard to get. Theyre cheap and available now. Planning ahead now is going to make the future more bearable.
You're right. Arbitrage is nice. Don't worry about actually using a "gun".

During the last "ban" getting everything but mags was easy. Sure you could buy AK mags all day like cordwood but drop free glock mags forget about it. The situation here will probably be the same as it is with Ivory gun grips. No one will send them here (WA ) and its not legal to buy or sell them . If I was broke and didnt have enough money to buy a pile of the guns I wanted I'd buy mags for the guns I want to buy later on when I do have money. Worst thing that will happen is you have a pile of mags.

The day Clinton gets elected the run on magazines and ammo will start.

If one were to start from scratch:
- AR (build or buy), at least one
- AR standard capacity magazines (30 rounds), as many as you can possibly afford
- Ammo, specifically M855, that could become scarce again, buy as much as you can afford

Once you've got an AR setup with sufficient magazines and ammo, turn your attention to a reliable sidearm... Perhaps a Glock, specifically an LEO trade-in, they're typically good deals... A bunch of supporting magazines and some good quality self defense ammo to get started...

Just my random, late night thoughts...

Fast and furious! eo on that
images.jpg

But I imagine you could scratch someone pretty good with a thirty round magazine.. if you were lucky and skilled. or maybe make a whole dollar if the gods smiled upon you in the right circumstances

Thanks for the on-point replies guys. I have a few more toys than I want to admit to online, but my toy budget recently got drastically reduced, so I'm trying to plan ahead instead of freaking out.
I do plan to buy mags now and guns to use them when my budget recovers. I was looking for suggestions on what you all think might also become very scarce- for instance, threaded AR barrels, pistol grips, etc. For example, I can see "the Brown" making pistol grips, threaded barrels, and ALL 10+ round magazines go bye-bye this spring. I am just trying to make sure I am not missing something basic- like having a lower but I suddenly can't buy a barrel or other parts for it.

Thanks for the on-point replies guys. I have a few more toys than I want to admit to online, but my toy budget recently got drastically reduced, so I'm trying to plan ahead instead of freaking out.
I do plan to buy mags now and guns to use them when my budget recovers. I was looking for suggestions on what you all think might also become very scarce- for instance, threaded AR barrels, pistol grips, etc. For example, I can see "the Brown" making pistol grips, threaded barrels, and ALL 10+ round magazines go bye-bye this spring. I am just trying to make sure I am not missing something basic- like having a lower but I suddenly can't buy a barrel or other parts for it.
You. You might become very scarce.. but anyway. good luck

I currently have a very restrictive budget ($20/week - aren't unexpected bills great??) Hopefully it will get MUCH better soon, but it might not. I want to have the basics; I'm not worried about buying an entire fancy gun at this time. Here is my planning:

30rd. or more AR15 magazines
Stripped lower receivers
Threaded AR15 barrels
Adjustable stocks
Handgun magazines, but only more than 10 rounds.

I have a list of guns I would like to purchase in the future, and I figure I should only buy magazines greater than 10 rounds for those guns. If I never buy the guns, at least I will have some trading stock.

I am not too worried about ammo right now. I assume we will be able to buy ammo in the foreseeable future, we will just have to have permits to buy it. (Hopefully NOT!!)

So, what would you stock up on given a very restrictive budget to prep for a potential gun ban (either federal or state)?

To me the determining factor is are you looking to sell them during the panic or possible ban or are these for yourself to have and grandfather in.

If you looking to sell then yes Mags for the AR15, Glock, Smith & Wesson and Springfield would be good to get as they dry up fast.

Ammo also dries up fast as well like 5.56 and 9mm was very hard to get the last go around so a few boxes might be nice to have.

Lower receivers are another good thing but I know so many folks who are stockpiling now that I am not sure if it is a good investment because if they say they are banned and you can keep the ones you have but no transfers you could be stuck with them. I do not think that would happen but with this election all bets are off.

If you are looking just for yourself then get an AR15 first as they will be the first to be banned, then mags and finally ammo. An AR15 with a 10 round mag is better than a 30 round mag and no AR15.

Now if you are looking at a ban causing civil unrest coming to a street near you then forget all the stock piling get a good hand gun first then 500 round of ammo and practice with it. Hand guns can be carried canceled but rifles not so easy.

So it depends what you're truly planning for as to how you play the game.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top