JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I currently have a very restrictive budget ($20/week - aren't unexpected bills great??) Hopefully it will get MUCH better soon, but it might not. I want to have the basics; I'm not worried about buying an entire fancy gun at this time. Here is my planning:

30rd. or more AR15 magazines
Stripped lower receivers
Threaded AR15 barrels
Adjustable stocks
Handgun magazines, but only more than 10 rounds.

I have a list of guns I would like to purchase in the future, and I figure I should only buy magazines greater than 10 rounds for those guns. If I never buy the guns, at least I will have some trading stock.

I am not too worried about ammo right now. I assume we will be able to buy ammo in the foreseeable future, we will just have to have permits to buy it. (Hopefully NOT!!)

So, what would you stock up on given a very restrictive budget to prep for a potential gun ban (either federal or state)?

No matter anyhow, because as near as I can tell there's next-to-no chance both house and senate will turn blue this November. So as far as passing new AWB laws (or any other, if recent history is any indication) the presidential election is likely to remain largely irrelevant.

I'd vote for magazines. The last AWB ban had ZERO effect on lowers as watered down AR's were still plentiful.

Yep, if $$ are tight, think about what guns you may want in the future (rifles and pistols) and buy as many standard capacity magazines as you can before November, then continue on afterward as long as you can. In the midst of that, I'd add some AR lowers, small sizes and maybe one or two in the DPMS/LR308 pattern - you never know what you may want to build some day.

And help Joe out and buy up some of those NWFA lowers!

I'd vote for magazines. The last AWB ban had ZERO effect on lowers as watered down AR's were still plentiful.

The post ban serial number AR's receivers were not allowed to have the evil features.
Cool stuff like flash suppressors, pistol grips, and bayonet lugs.

I'm totally with you though on the standard capacity [30 round. What my 6920 colt came with] magazines.

The post ban serial number AR's receivers were not allowed to have the evil features.
Cool stuff like flash suppressors, pistol grips, and bayonet lugs.

I'm totally with you though on the standard capacity [30 round. What my 6920 colt came with] magazines.

Agreed, but an adjustable stock, bayonet lug and flash hider are really not at the top of my list of features needed to make an AR a good rifle. :)

LOL my first AR was a "post-ban" model and I had lots of fun with it and 30 round GI mags I found at a garage sale for $1.00/a piece!

I would say, forget the mags for now, get the hard to find, long wait parts first, maybe pick up a mag or two every week or two until you have the major parts! Also, A box or three of ammo in the flavors that the anti's are likely to go after ( like the green tip stuff last time) and you will be surprised at how quick you can build your stash! Once you have the hard stuff, move on to the next project, rinse and repeat!

In the short term, I would not worry about Clinton, she still has to get through Congress. I would worry more about Gov Brown and the OR legislature. We have not yet heard all of the gun control plans they have in store for us. :eek:

In the short term, I would not worry about Clinton, she still has to get through Congress. I would worry more about Gov Brown and the OR legislature. We have not yet heard all of the gun control plans they have in store for us. :eek:

I'd be more concerned about the mad scramble to buy everything up if she is elected. It will only take the perception of what she may do that could empty the shelves as bad or worse than the post-SH disaster. Best for each to buy what they can now and hope for the best.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top