JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I think that every one should be prepared, for some unknown event.
you can stock up on everything that you may consider a necessity, but a person could go batty trying to plan for every scenario.
Food, water clothes, heat ,shelter ,guns & ammo I like to think that I am pretty well prepared. But I figure a lot of the stuff will be laying out in the streets for the taking. But one last thing is that since your actively thinking and trying to be prepared with your kits ,you all will be be way better off then all the people that are oblivious.

I think that every one should be prepared, for some unknown event.
you can stock up on everything that you may consider a necessity, but a person could go batty trying to plan for every scenario.
Food, water clothes, heat ,shelter ,guns & ammo I like to think that I am pretty well prepared. But I figure a lot of the stuff will be laying out in the streets for the taking. But one last thing is that since your actively thinking and trying to be prepared with your kits ,you all will be be way better off then all the people that are oblivious.

I agree. I am ashamed to admit that I started reading survival books and purchasing survival items back in the 70's. However, things seemed to keep on going along and I lost interest. Now, I'm playing catch-up. I think it is one thing to obtain these things but it is another to use them well. I think we should get out and "rough" it a little and learn to build fires from scratch and learn other pertinant skills. I hope to start doing it soon. I live in the area that the late Mel Tappan suggested as a prime place for survival. Of course, there has been a tremendous increase in population since Mr. Tappan was here. But it still has many of the qualities that he espoused.

I am far from being as prepared as I would hope to be but I feel confident enough in my skills to get by with a lot less. Eases up the pack weight and makes resupply a little easier when you carry some knowledge/experiance of how to get by. Things such as 1st aid training and a working knowledge of water cleaning techniques will get you through a lot longer than simply having a stash of tablets and bandaids you probably won't be able to replace when they are gone. I see a lot of folks gearing up but not practicing simple skills. Improvising will be the way of life if services are cut for an extended amount of time. Test yourself every now and then with fire starting,navigating,shelter building,and water purification. As you get better, try doing these things with different scenarios in mind such as how could I hide myself if needed or can I get a fire going in a NW wet winter?

Bill
You made a lot of excellent points, another thing I have done is discussed these points with my like minded friends and in a way we have kind of come up
with different ways that we can help each other. Since every one has different strength's of course that would only work if you could reach each other.
And also the more you have in your bag of goodies will give you more time to adapt to your new environment.
what ever happens hopefully it will be a temporary.

Unfortunetly we do not know when or how a disaster will come, I have a bugout kit with as many supplies as I can carry. Ammo, a few guns and my wife and young daughter can get on the move if needed. It will be necessary to form a team (society) to survive for long, as there will be many threats i.e. tons of guns out there with many hoodlums looking to take what you have. With no laws, police you are done for with out more help. Just some things I thought about and seen in the latest disasters.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top