JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nambu,

This about sums it up .... the best choice is to STFU with friends and neighbors ... no good dead goes unpunished.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to chime in here and say if you think things are going to get better without a collapse of the dollar, well I wish to God you would tell or show us all how.

Seriously now, take into account the clowns we have in public office and the fact that they are re-elected or put in by pure fraud, whatever it is. Look at the pure waste, ignorance and how they keep pizzing away $$$ hand over fist and talk about being fiscally responsible. Our chief scam artist has diarheaa of the mouth about cutting waste but yets fly to florida to going golfing at our expense, while his wife goes to vail to go skiing and couple $$million at out cost, and then the following week we pay for fat dumb arse to go hollywood Emmies at the cost of a couple $$million.

How in the devil are we going to have a turn around when 47% are drawing some kind of a check whether it be an earned retirement check or welfare check.

How are we going to have a recovery when my basic household operating cost went up 25% in the last 18 months and that did not include the additional $65.00 every two weeks I got to start giving to social security on Jan 1st of this year, I have had to cut elsewhere to cover that additional tax payment, so that is less money spent on goods.

and 800,000 federal employees are going to have their pay cut by 20% for 5 months, most who work hard everyday for the defense of our nation, is there waste there yes, but it was put in by the clowns in DC not by the people working hard to try and make the system work for our defense. Don't you think this is going to have a snow ball affect in a negative way.

How is there going to be a recovery when I just decided to not to renew several magazine subscriptions but I have to cut cost, almost everyone I know is finding way to cut something out to cover increased cost of something else.

I actually thought a few yrs ago preppers were extreme and I was just putting away stores because of past hard times, so i would have a buffer. But you know preppers are not extreme they are the ones who will have plenty at their dinner and the non-preppers will be wanting to hang them and calling them hoarders just because they had enough brains to see into the future.

Our system cannot sustain the current level of borrow and spend, it may not happen right away but it is coming, if you cannot see it. You need to to show us how we are wrong with hard mathematical logical results to your math. Because I have seen too much and read too much for me to believe a bunch of chatter.

Funny, as a prepper on a scale of 1 to 10 I'd rate myself a 3 at best (in comparison to others that prepare), however I am light years beyond the average person.

Someone I'd rate a 7 or better would live out in the country, have a fresh water well, grow his/her own food, have neighbors who are like-minded, be well armed, etc. I am not even close. But like I said once or twice, the 98% are so deluded about what is coming that a person who has just a month's food and water on hand is WAY beyond the average American. It is shameful how dependent Americans have become on government, how incredibly apathetic and ignorant Americans have become.

Except for a college Pell grant, I can't remember ever taking any government assistance, ever. I was living in my car and went five days without food and the thought of running to mommy government never even entered my mind.

Not that I am overly proud of that, because lets face it, the leeches are probably smarter than me in some ways. They know how to work it. I know a guy that pretty much took off 2011 and 2012 to travel around and enjoy the easy life because the gov was handing him an employment check for TWO YEARS.

He said they almost force the $$ on you nowadays. LOL. Geezus.

We are so screwed. If the criminal Fed had to reveal to the public what they are doing right now our heads would explode. Whether you have a job in six months or you are starving is much more under the control of the private Fed, than any puppet politician. The Fed owners ARE our owners. But, sadly, most dimwitted Americans just don't understand that, and believe they have a voice, or that their input matters.

They are literally looting everything and giving it to their foreign banks and criminal trillionaire buddies. They emptied most of Fort Knox long ago. All we are is just an empty shell with a printing press and lots of fighter jets and aircraft carrriers. How long we can keep the charade and Ponzi going is anyone's guess. One thing is for sure, collapse is inevitable. It cannot be stopped. The collapse of the fiat dollar is a mathematical certainty. ALL fiat currencies collapse historically.

Does anyone understand that the Fed has even admitted to creating 50 BILLION dollars out of thin air a day? Just to keep the stock market raging and the housing market from collapsing. I mean, come on. THINK. If they admit to that, could you imagine what they are not saying?

Nambu,

This about sums it up .... the best choice is to STFU with friends and neighbors ... no good dead goes unpunished.

Amusing, I haven't seen that for years! One unprepared fellow screamed through the door, "you'll have blood on your hands!" I can live with a little actual dip..... blood on my hands. But this film is a joke, for olden days entertainment! I don't think even the most imaginative among can grasp everyone going feral in some kind of societal collaps!

Nambu,

Amusing, I haven't seen that for years! One unprepared fellow screamed through the door, "you'll have blood on your hands!" I can live with a little actual dip..... blood on my hands. But this film is a joke, for olden days entertainment! I don't think even the most imaginative among us can grasp everyone going feral in some kind of societal collaps!

Burt, with a few very narrow and ridged exceptions (some of my neighbors are prepared, heavily armed, and we've been friends for 30+ years) you are absolutely right! I have read about your neighbors in your posts! Sorry, but you have to keep them! LOL!!!

A prominent gun law expert recently put the terms "curtilage" and the "two but rule", and how those two terms are game-changers to home defense into my head.

If I didn't already have some type of fence and gate around my house, I would be installing them right now (in the dark if necessary). For those who do not know the legal definitions mentioned above and the legal definition of "breaking" as it pertains to the phrase breaking and entering, you really should acquaint yourself ASAP!

Several other definitions such as "loaded" also changed in Oregon during the last two years.

Letting people approach your house un-checked is putting yourself, your family & your property at risk (now and especially when the re-distributors come knocking).

For your own protection, even if you don't need the HG training for a CCW, go for the updates.

The thing that I think is so ironic about some of the posts in this thread... the dollar, and all fiat currencies tend to lose value over time, that's a fundamental fact of economics, however at the same time the price of goods and services remain fairly constant, and over time eventually also drop, because there are more competitors driving down the price. This is fundamental to the function of market economic systems.

Which brings me to my next point... why worry about the value of the dollar? Do you have a lot of money in savings? What do you spend your money on? If the answer to those questions are, little money in savings (beyond a comfortable cushion) and all your money is in durable tangible assets, while you may have some liquidity problems, you are not losing money. Whenever I get paid, I buy food to put in my belly, and tools that will make me more money, which I will then spend on more food, and more tools. (please note, I'm not being exclusive of the term "tools" by tools, I mean anything i can use to be more productive, so guns, vehicles, machinery, bar-stock, computers, software etc)

The important thing about the perpetual loss in value of fiat currencies is that under normal circumstances, that loss in value would be the thing that upsets the long-running financial dynasties (read: the Kennedys) however enough people have been convinced that "investment" is the way to make money, without actually realizing what investment is and what the best investments are. If I say investment, most people think stocks, bonds, gold, silver etc. What I actually mean is education which leads to means of production.

Most people believe that money is a means to an end, but it's not, money is a means to a means. If the bill gates' of the world want to build underground cities to live in when the world comes to an end, that's fine, in fact I encourage them to do so. Because that whole time that city is being built, he's going to be paying people like me to dig the hole, run the sewer, water, and electrical systems. He's going to be paying people to cut the lumber, make the bricks, make the cement, dig the aggregate that go into these things.

Where we run into problems are when the rich decide that they would rather sit on that pile of money and try to take it to their graves. However, fiat currency has a solution to this: print more money.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top