JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What's your preferred concealed carry method (check all that apply)

• Total voters
Smaller is IWB, larger is OWB.

I can carry larger IWB just as comfortable as the smaller one. All depends where I'm going if I prefer 12+1 of 9mm or 12+1 of .40.

I am set up for iwb with my xdm and 1911, but just bought an xds and am considering appendix carry. Anyone want to talk me into (or out of) aiwb?
Have an XDs that I occasionally carry AIWB in a Bianchi 100T, hides very well under a shirt or even tee shirt... And it's tuckable if the urge hits me...

I say, if your comfortable with AIWB, then certainly go for it...

image.jpeg

Being a big man, I can carry my H&K P30 IWB. Being a lefty, I used to just buy right handed holsters and wear them in my back. Friend of mine who is a former DT Instructor for the military police explained and showed me the down sides of wearing it there, so had a left handed holster made up at Ory-Gun in Hillsboro, OR.

One of the nice things about this holster is I can lower or raise one side to give me more adjustment ability with the holster (none of the other ones I've owned had that ability). I have the front clip down a bit farther then the rear, which made it the perfect fit for wearing and drawing.

0420161943.jpg

I carry a STI int. 5" double stack in 10 mm and I find I like a shoulder rig for CCW most of the time. Mine does not have a flared mag well, so its about the same as a full size Glock. The more I think about carry these days, the more comfortable I am with such a big high cap pistol. IWB right side about 4 o clock also works as long as I have on a long shirt or sports coat. Even with shorts, this works out fine for me. I also carry a back up PPK in a boot holster that works very well and gives added piece of mind. I some times switch from the big STI and carry a Colt New Detective IWB in a left handed holster (OWB carried backward) at the 5 o clock position which allows me to draw right handed and it hides the thumb safety with out digging into me or catching my clothes!

I always carry 3 o'clock owb no matter what I carry. I love a strong side carry, very comfortable for me and believe that it is the most natural carry position I have found

I tried cross draw with a couple of carry pistols, I found the only one it actually worked, and was easy to conceal was my bigAzz Dan Wesson .44 mag! I wish others worked as well as that big wheel gun, I find I can draw much faster, most people never look at/for a week side, and for some strange reason, in a fast draw like that I end up getting on target just a split second faster! Plus, I think it just looks a lot cooler and is a lot more comfortable!

So I just did a quick check on the internet my mind is sufficiently blown. I believe I am going to have to start shopping around buying parts and building my own. Thanks for the suggestion I am sure my wife would really appreciate it later

So I just did a quick check on the internet my mind is sufficiently blown. I believe I am going to have to start shopping around buying parts and building my own. Thanks for the suggestion I am sure my wife would really appreciate it later
There are a ton of threads here on this forum and plenty of folks to help and share ideas and advice! When you are ready to start ordering parts, I have some advice/experience to pass along to help you in making informed choices that will save a ton of grief down the road!

I'm carrying a Sig P290rs in a SHTF, IWB holster at 3:00 on my right (strong side). Two 8rnd magazines on my left.
Now that hot weather is approaching, I'll be carrying my Ruger LCP in the same brand and type of rig and position, at times!
I also have a pocket holster for the LCP. If I'm feeling ticky about where I'm going I'll sometimes carry both.
Really ticky feeling! A Sig Or Colt .45 in a sholder rig!

There are a ton of threads here on this forum and plenty of folks to help and share ideas and advice! When you are ready to start ordering parts, I have some advice/experience to pass along to help you in making informed choices that will save a ton of grief down the road!
Thank you very much I appreciate the help!

While at work, I need deep concealment and have tried belly bands, thunderwear, and various IWB's. All work okay. I recently bought a Kangaroo Carry holster which is very comfortable and conceals well as long as my shirt (dress shirt over jeans or casual slacks) is relatively loose. I generally carry a Colt Government Model 380 or a compact 9mm with one spare mag at work, depending on the shirt fit and fabric. https://www.kangaroocarry.com/ if you are unfamiliar with the Kangaroo. Away from work, I switch to a 1911 on the hip or in a Crossbreed with two spare mags.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top