JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When SHTF, gold will be just a shiny rock, just like money will just be toilet paper....

In that scenario, i'd rather have extra toilet paper than extra shiny rocks.

I tend to agree with you - you should definitely stock up on useful supplies first. Gold and silver are useful in that they are portable, non-perishable, and will likely end up as a medium of exchange that most will recognize and accept.

Beyond that, I'm thinking we will still have to deal with gov't extortion in some form (barring a total collapse). Metals will be easily convertible into whatever currency is in use post collapse to keep the taxman off your back (unless you're one of the type that has 20 acres and a backhoe...).

How bad is it going to get? I dunno. For sure the dollar is going to bite the big one, and hyper-inflation is highly likely. Metals are the only way to cover yourself in a currency collapse that leaves life somewhat resembling normal.

Your paper assets will be long gone soon enough. I currently draw a military retirement and should be eligible for social security soon enough - I don't believe either of these are reliable, and am planning for the day when the check quits coming. If I'm wrong, what have I lost?

Let me start by saying, I don't, won't and wouldn't live in a bunker, but having all this .GOV shoved down our throats is concerning enough to have me begin to diversify my holdings into more "tangible" assets, not just paper.

Over the years I have been given silver from my mom and dad, just 10oz. in 1oz. silver eagles, 1 each year for the years my wife and I have been married. They've missed a few years, but I didn't really value it until the last few years as my views on self-reliance and self-sufficiency have evolved.

Today I finally got off my butt and bought some silver, I may be late to the party, I may be buying in WAY TOO LATE and the price may fall by 50%, but to honest, I don't care. I don't like where I see things going and it doesn't look like the management is going to change, regardless of the "D" or "R" behind the name, this game isn't going to stop anytime soon. These guys are in it for the long haul and think we don't have the stamina to stay on them, they could be right or wrong, but they'll certainly ruin the economy if they have to to make the populous realize they are needed.

That all said, just like my 401k, this will be part of my monthly investing.

Remember there is always a boom before a bust !....
I just need to get into any .Com its going to make me rich... House prices are going Up Up Up...buy now or be sorry...
Just be careful and don't bet what you can't lose with any commodity or stock.:s0155:

Remember there is always a boom before a bust !....
Quote:
I just need to get into any .Com its going to make me rich... House prices are going Up Up Up...buy now or be sorry...
Just be careful and don't bet what you can't lose with any commodity or stock.

Don't forget folks purchasing oil futures a few years ago at $150 a barrel.

Keith

I have a bit of silver stashed just in case. Paper money is essentially worthless. Of course if SHTF, it could go to a straight barter system. Who knows....Cover you bases and behinds.

Lead: good for bullets, is heavy, slightly toxic.

Tin: mix with lead.

Zinc: good for corrosion prevention, mostly pointless.

Copper: can make solid copper rounds, but no true value to the Shiny Hunters.

Brass: can make solid brass rounds, maybe make new brass if you can "acquire" a brass casing mold.. or trick people and call it gold. (or: see bronze)

Bronze: statues and solid bronze rounds, maybe make coin rounds for future currency?

Aluminum: Light, easy to form, can make semi-useful stuff, but no value.

Titanium: unless you got a blast furnace, useless. otherwise, best armor and pointy objects in the neighborhood.

Silver: The "loaf of bread" bargaining chip. someone, somewhere, will still find silver shiny, and will give you stuff for it.

Gold: The "ammo and guns" bargaining chip. again, it's shiny.

Platinum: the Forgotten metal, just as shiny, but neglected.

Unaubtanium: ... looks like a rock to me.

ANYTHING will be of value to someone. Someone may scoff at your gold but want your car's carburator, or the healthy chicken. OR they could offer you a pound of gold (which is $22,700) for the shoes on your feet. That's the Barter system.
When the aliens come and laugh at our gold obsession, and say that gemstones are the galactic currency, well, those diamonds you sold for near-nothing with the gold ring just became worth a House.

Have a little precious metal around, someone'll want it. just, ask for more then shoes. hey, have a few raw or cut stones too.

Silver is the best investment nowadays, after you have your basics stocked up and stored well. After SHTF and things settle down, we will need a way to do commerce and trade. Silver is by far the best medium of exchange throughout all history.

Silver has had a 16:1 ratio with gold since Biblical times, until the last few years. Now that the silver market manipulation has been exposed professionals expect silver to correct back to that ratio. Gold is trading today at $1,380+. Divide that by 16 and you have what silver will be in a few months: $86+

With the dollar tanking world wide, gold is expected to hit around $5,000 before the dollar collapses altogether. That would put silver at $312 an ounce.

Most folks will not believe this because they believe it has never happened before. It has happened many times, most recently in Argentina.

Get your food and supplies squared away first, then buy silver for AFTER SHTF.

Silver is the best investment nowadays, after you have your basics stocked up and stored well. After SHTF and things settle down, we will need a way to do commerce and trade. Silver is by far the best medium of exchange throughout all history.

Silver has had a 16:1 ratio with gold since Biblical times, until the last few years. Now that the silver market manipulation has been exposed professionals expect silver to correct back to that ratio. Gold is trading today at $1,380+. Divide that by 16 and you have what silver will be in a few months: $86+

With the dollar tanking world wide, gold is expected to hit around $5,000 before the dollar collapses altogether. That would put silver at $312 an ounce.

Most folks will not believe this because they believe it has never happened before. It has happened many times, most recently in Argentina.

Get your food and supplies squared away first, then buy silver for AFTER SHTF.

Have to agree with the last sentence.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads