JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I haven't actually checked the numbers BUT, But, but.......
Yeah.....double. And it only took 40 years. Personally and IMHO.....THAT isn't my idea of a "good investment".

Aloha, Mark
If you started buying 40 years ago, 1984, gold was under $400. At today's price, roughly $2,200, that's over a 500% increase. Even if someone bought a little bit every year, it's way more than doubled. Sometimes, over periods of years, gold outperforms the stock market, and vice versa. From 1990 to 2020, the price of gold increased by around 360%. Over the same period, the DJIA gained 991%. Looking at the 15-year period from 2005 to 2020, the price of gold increased by 330%, roughly the same as the 30 years considered above. Over the same period, the DJIA increased by only 153%. Hindsight is always perfect, but investment diversification has always been a great strategy.

1712803938466.jpeg

When I was studying finances back in the 1980s, I learned you should always keep 10% of your savings in precious metals.

I inherited my father's stuff, and I did buy a little myself to make the 10%. I have no idea what it's worth today, and I hope I never have to find out.

When I was studying finances back in the 1980s, I learned you should always keep 10% of your savings in precious metals.

I inherited my father's stuff, and I did buy a little myself to make the 10%. I have no idea what it's worth today, and I hope I never have to find out.
Its worth next to nothing. Let's do lunch. I'll bring a $50

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads