JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If we don't demand that the people in charge of this explain their actions it will happen again, and then, if people like Gunner manage to talk it into nothingness it will happen again and again until it is the norm! We will be looking over our shoulders as if we are criminals, afraid to buy that new gun we saw in the display, afraid to even look at the display!

The people who did this are not friends of the Constitution or free Americans, they are friends of the SS and brownshirts of nazi Germany, friends of the people 70 years ago who hauled people off in the middle of the night never to be seen again.

If we don't speak up on this we are helping the cowardly criminals who did this. Sorry Gunner, you are wrong on this.

You need to admit it.

LOL. Go for it tough guy. :) Get your *** over there to the 5 LEO departments and to both offices of ODOT and to the hospital which held Pyles for 4 hours, and make your "demands."

Be sure to take your Captain Commando Keyboard with you because no one will pay any attention to you in real life. None.

LOL. Go for it tough guy. :) Get your *** over there to the 5 LEO departments and to both offices of ODOT and to the hospital which held Pyles for 4 hours, and make your "demands."

Be sure to take your Captain Commando Keyboard with you because no one will pay any attention to you in real life. None.

How many more times of you being done with the topic until you are actually done with it?

LOL. Go for it tough guy. Get your *** over there to the 5 LEO departments and to both offices of ODOT and to the hospital which held Pyles for 4 hours, and make your "demands."

You must be on drugs if you don't understand that this republic was set up with We the people being in control. Even you have a right to urge them on in stealing our rights gunner, and I also have the right to demand that they follow the law.

I can call them and demand an answer because they work for me! Don't you understand that?

Contrary to your view of things this is not like the old soviet union or nazi Germany in the 30's and 40's when the people had no say. We DO have a right to demand that these people obey the law and follow the Constitution.

Stop calling those of us who actually love this country names!

My email message just sent to the Medford Police dept.;

I cannot express how angry I am over the Pyle swat raid story. Since when do you people have a right to do what you did March 8th?

I keep reading the story over and over and based only on the facts reported it appears that nazi tactics have come into use there in Medford.

1. He was threatened with automatic weapons for no reason and,
2. Lied to about not being handcuffed nor taken away.
3. His guns were stolen by the POLICE! Guns that were legally purchased and kept.

Someone in the Medford police department needs to go to jail for these crimes. Mr. Pyle does deserve a huge lawsuit judgement (Which I hope he wins!) but we the citizens will have to pay it, not the idiots who ordered this outrage.
Now I suppose I'll wake up to nazis with true assault weapons in the middle of the night for letting you know how I feel. This 'aint America any more I guess.

I got a reply already stating that I'd sent the email to the wrong police department. The story in the KTLV story said it was the Medford PD. The map included in the story shows it happened in Medford. <broken link removed>

You must be on drugs if you don't understand that this republic was set up with We the people being in control. Even you have a right to urge them on in stealing our rights gunner, and I also have the right to demand that they follow the law.

I can call them and demand an answer because they work for me! Don't you understand that?

Contrary to your view of things this is not like the old soviet union or nazi Germany in the 30's and 40's when the people had no say. We DO have a right to demand that these people obey the law and follow the Constitution.

Stop calling those of us who actually love this country names!

My email message just sent to the Medford Police dept.;

I cannot express how angry I am over the Pyle swat raid story. Since when do you people have a right to do what you did March 8th?

I keep reading the story over and over and based only on the facts reported it appears that nazi tactics have come into use there in Medford.

1. He was threatened with automatic weapons for no reason and,
2. Lied to about not being handcuffed nor taken away.
3. His guns were stolen by the POLICE! Guns that were legally purchased and kept.

Someone in the Medford police department needs to go to jail for these crimes. Mr. Pyle does deserve a huge lawsuit judgement (Which I hope he wins!) but we the citizens will have to pay it, not the idiots who ordered this outrage.
Now I suppose I'll wake up to nazis with true assault weapons in the middle of the night for letting you know how I feel. This 'aint America any more I guess.

I got a reply already stating that I'd sent the email to the wrong police department. The story in the KTLV story said it was the Medford PD. The map included in the story shows it happened in Medford. <broken link removed>

He He He. :D

And my #1 point in this whole thread is that you believe too much of what you read in the paper and jump to conclusions.

My #2 has been that the police action was lawful even if it shouldn't be, but that's a complaint for the legislature, not the police.

My last point was that no one would pay any attention to you. Why? Because you jump to conclusions and rant without accurate facts and certainly with absolutely no diplomacy.

Now you just got told (with some diplomacy) to go jump in a lake and you deserve it. :)

Oh, I'm not done! Not by a far piece! Someone deserves something out of all this but it isn't me.

Fact The police jumped to conclusions and arrested a man without cause. The fact that they didn't say he was under arrest doesn't make it untrue, he had no options, couldn't even call a lawyer.
Fact The police entered his home without his permission, you keep saying he lied when he said that but we are all learning who lies, it's the police who are legally allowed to lie.
Fact His weapons were taken without his permission, commonly known as theft!

These are all facts as reported by the news organizations. I have sent out several emails about this and I'll go clear up to the governor's office because it wasn't just Mr. Pyle's rights that were violated, it was all Oregonian's rights. Even YOUR rights were violated by this outrage.

Oh, I'm not done! Not by a far piece! Someone deserves something out of all this but it isn't me.

Fact The police jumped to conclusions and arrested a man without cause. The fact that they didn't say he was under arrest doesn't make it untrue, he had no options, couldn't even call a lawyer.
Fact The police entered his home without his permission, you keep saying he lied when he said that but we are all learning who lies, it's the police who are legally allowed to lie.
Fact His weapons were taken without his permission, commonly known as theft!

These are all facts as reported by the news organizations. I have sent out several emails about this and I'll go clear up to the governor's office because it wasn't just Mr. Pyle's rights that were violated, it was all Oregonian's rights. Even YOUR rights were violated by this outrage.

Okey-dokey. :)

And, was he in on the raid if he is employed by them?

Would give someone a motive to use such mixed up logic!

TSim

I have never been a LEO of any kind or any type of any government employee. I have no personal involvement.

I just know the difference between unsubstantiated media reporting and "facts." I know when only one side of a story (Pyles') has been reported. I know that regardless of what Pyles said, he may or may not have told the truth - we simply don't know. I know that the police and the hospital involved and ODOT can't speak because of personnel privacy laws and medical privacy laws.

I know when I'm hearing only one side of a story which is second or third hand, filtered through the media and other rumor mills such as the internet.

I know better than to hear that and then call it "fact."

I know that going off on an accusatory rant at anyone whatsoever will get you nowhere, especially when you don't really know the facts. :s0155:

The name calling and personnel attacks have been quite efficient at making sure no coherent conversation occurs. As such here's my condensed summary of the "WTF happened here!?" side of things to try and put it back on track.

Early reporting:

• Being rousted from bed in the early AM hours to be told that you have a bunch of guys with fully automatic rifles who want to talk to you doesn't inspire me to believe anything following that was actually voluntary.
  • There are laws that allow an officer to take a subject in for a mental eval if they are a threat to themselves or others, but given the 'voluntary' aspect that doesn't seem to be the case here. The same law doesn't appear to give the officers the right to enter one's home and search it for firearms, let alone confiscate the firearms (violations of 4th and 5th amendment rights).
  • Multiple government agencies all agreeing on a course of action does not make it right, counter examples that are somewhat current are Ruby Ridge and Waco.

After Mr. Pyles is cleared mentally and property is returned:

• The police may have simply been overzealous, and the stink now seems to be wafting in from ODOT.
  • How, why, and what allowed this to happen?

So I'll reiterate, the most important part at this point is to find out why and how this happened, and what we can do to prevent it from happening again. These are ultimately the questions I'm seeking answers for by following this story through it's various updates, as it would seem to be what Mr. Pyles is after as well...

"What do you and my other elected officials and representatives plan to do to ensure a similar militaristic police action never happens to another resident of Jackson County, Oregon? To another Oregonian? To any U.S. citizen?" Pyles' e-mail said.

The name calling and personnel attacks have been quite efficient at making sure no coherent conversation occurs. As such here's my condensed summary of the "WTF happened here!?" side of things to try and put it back on track.

Early reporting:

• Being rousted from bed in the early AM hours to be told that you have a bunch of guys with fully automatic rifles who want to talk to you doesn't inspire me to believe anything following that was actually voluntary.
  • There are laws that allow an officer to take a subject in for a mental eval if they are a threat to themselves or others, but given the 'voluntary' aspect that doesn't seem to be the case here. The same law doesn't appear to give the officers the right to enter one's home and search it for firearms, let alone confiscate the firearms (violations of 4th and 5th amendment rights).
  • Multiple government agencies all agreeing on a course of action does not make it right, counter examples that are somewhat current are Ruby Ridge and Waco.

After Mr. Pyles is cleared mentally and property is returned:

• The police may have simply been overzealous, and the stink now seems to be wafting in from ODOT.
  • How, why, and what allowed this to happen?

So I'll reiterate, the most important part at this point is to find out why and how this happened, and what we can do to prevent it from happening again. These are ultimately the questions I'm seeking answers for by following this story through it's various updates, as it would seem to be what Mr. Pyles is after as well...

Well then, just keep seeking the whole truth. :s0155:

As a plus this thread allowed me to learn how to use the ignore feature

Gunner made me realize I must complain and demand answers to how it happened. In a "free" society wherein the police work for us we (Of course) do have a right to demand answers to this kind of injustice, but talking about it endlessly in a firearms forum is, indeed, probably futile. My letter writing campaign has begun.

As a plus this thread allowed me to learn how to use the ignore feature :s0114:

Gunner made me realize I must complain and demand answers to how it happened. In a "free" society wherein the police work for us we (Of course) do have a right to demand answers to this kind of injustice, but talking about it endlessly in a firearms forum is, indeed, probably futile. My letter writing campaign has begun.

Partsproduction is about to learn (again) that the people he's writing to know how to use their ignore feature too when anything involves personnel or medical issues. :)

But if it make him feel better to chew them out, then I guess it's worth it to him. :)

Been active in this since 1986. I was the treasurer and one of the media spokesmen for our group in Cali, fighting the AWB, just a few years later

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top