JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We should really be boycotting Sportsmans and their price gouging.
Really? Our local Sportsman's Warehouse is the only place that has had primers for less than $50 a brick for the past 2+ years. Rarely, but when they had them, prices ranged from $23.99 up to $48.99 most recent. Hardly price gouging. Oh, and by the way, if they are "price gouging", then there would be primers and powders sitting on the shelves for more than a matter of minutes before they are gone.

Everyone has plenty of that sh!t. Magnum powders are the hardest to come by. H1000 retumvo and n570
A better reason that those powders mentioned are available is that not enough people have actually tried some of them and don't realize how well they work instead of the "tried and true" usual suspects like Varget, 4350's, and H-4831. Or the real unicorns, Reloder 26, Auto-Comp, Retumbo, Reloder 16, 23, H-1000. Ramshot Hunter works quite well in .270 Win in place of the 4350's, H-4831, or H-1000. Accurate 2460 is a decent replacement for Varget in .223/5.56. In times of high demand/restricted supply, consider it an opportunity to find viable alternatives. As Mick Jagger famously sang: "You can't always get what you want, you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need". :s0105:

Really? Our local Sportsman's Warehouse is the only place that has had primers for less than $50 a brick for the past 2+ years. Rarely, but when they had them, prices ranged from $23.99 up to $48.99 most recent. Hardly price gouging. Oh, and by the way, if they are "price gouging", then there would be primers and powders sitting on the shelves for more than a matter of minutes before they are gone.
Gone are the days of $45 and under for primers at sportsmans. As of the 11th primers jumped up $2-5 a sleeve and $20-50 per brick.

A better reason that those powders mentioned are available is that not enough people have actually tried some of them and don't realize how well they work instead of the "tried and true" usual suspects like Varget, 4350's, and H-4831. Or the real unicorns, Reloder 26, Auto-Comp, Retumbo, Reloder 16, 23, H-1000. Ramshot Hunter works quite well in .270 Win in place of the 4350's, H-4831, or H-1000. Accurate 2460 is a decent replacement for Varget in .223/5.56. In times of high demand/restricted supply, consider it an opportunity to find viable alternatives. As Mick Jagger famously sang: "You can't always get what you want, you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need". :s0105:
Have you tried Ramshot LRT powder?

The only way we are going to get them to drop the price back to reasonable is for people to stop buying it even if the want/need it.
This^^^ 1000%, and same goes for loaded ammo!

It sucks, but I haven't bought anything in about 18 months, nor have I been shooting much. While prices and availability for ammo and components have improved during that time, they're still up 50-100% over what they were two years ago and I flat refuse to pay that. I have the financial means if I want to, but it is a principle thing so I have chosen not to. When prices rise such that only those with more can afford it, others among us with less get excluded. It's like wealthy Californians moving and buying houses in OR, ID, MT, and TX. Now young people who grew up there have to move elsewhere to afford their own home… Don't be that!

Oh, and since some wise guy is gonna say "Well then, let's all stop buying gas, groceries, lumber, etc., let me point out that those are commodities, and none of us truly needs ammo any more than Californians need a home elsewhere. It's a hobby, and currently a very expensive one!

Last Edited:
This^^^ 1000%, and same goes for loaded ammo!

It sucks, but I haven't bought anything in about 18 months, nor have I been shooting much. While prices and availability for ammo and components have improved during that time, they're still up 50-100% over what they were two years ago and I flat refuse to pay that. I have the financial means if I want to, but it is a principle thing so I have chosen not to. When prices rise such that only those with more can afford it, others among us with less get excluded. It's like wealthy Californians moving and buying houses in OR, ID, MT, and TX. Now young people who grew up there have to move elsewhere to afford their own home… Don't be that!

Oh, and since some wise guy is gonna say "Well then, lots all stop buying gas, groceries, lumber, etc., let me point out that those are commodities, and none of us truly needs ammo any more than Californians need a home elsewhere. It's a hobby, and currently a very expensive one!
I haven't bought anything that has jumped so much in price. I did buy a quantity of powder on line for a higher price. Not crazy. I sold some for just a hair over what I paid and will use the rest for loading or trading. I did buy bullets at a good price. Bullets are still pretty much the same. At least the ones I use. I also shoot only a fraction of what I was before the coof.

Oh, and since some wise guy is gonna say "Well then, lots all stop buying gas, groceries, lumber, etc., let me point out that those are commodities, and none of us truly needs ammo any more than Californians need a home elsewhere. It's a hobby, and currently a very expensive one!
Yes, but...
Sometimes ammo is not just in support of a hobby, sometimes it is a true need. I'm thinking for hunters. For those who have plenty of ammo stockpiled, may I suggest that you show some generosity with your friends/neighbors when a true need arises. This past season I provided a box of 6.5 PRC ELD-X 143 grain to an Eastern Oregon friend who got stuck with no ammo during deer season. He didn't ask for it, but when I learned of his need I gave it to him. I refused his offer of payment, he was a friend (I didn't refuse the subsequent backstrap that came my way!). I could have been a typical sh!thead and told him it was his own fault that he got stuck short with no ammo for a boutique caliber, etc., but I chose a different pathway.

Gone are the days of $45 and under for primers at sportsmans. As of the 11th primers jumped up $2-5 a sleeve and $20-50 per brick.
Which puts them right about where Powder Valley, Mid-South, Graf's and others are, and less than Midway, Brownell's and Natchez. Still not "gouging", at least in my not so humble opinion.:s0045:

Funny part is they charge you more in store than the site shows.
Most stores work that way. Typically they're a different store on paper.
For example, Home Depot generally won't match the price in store to the price online because the online store is its own entity. It's figured into the company's profits just like any other store, but has lower operating costs and fewer employees.

Most stores work that way. Typically they're a different store on paper.
For example, Home Depot generally won't match the price in store to the price online because the online store is its own entity. It's figured into the company's profits just like any other store, but has lower operating costs and fewer employees.
Normally it use to be that way with a lot of stores but not anymore. I've checked with their service department and from what they've said is that. The online and in store is suppose to be the same with exceptions to online only items and in store sales that are lower than online.

Sportsman Warehouse in Vancouver had powder this morning! Hallelujah! Grabbed t8 pound jugs of H1000 and Retumbo and headed to check out!! They rung up at $569.00 H1000 $599.00 Retumbo. I promptly put it back on shelf and settled for a couple $47.00 pounds of H322. I hope this is just Sportsman's profiting Not a sign of things to come.

View attachment 1147863 View attachment 1147864
It might be volatile prices for awhile. No worries, because of all the shenanigans with oil supply and free money the next recession shouldn't be far away. That will bring the prices back down. Welcome to a decade worse than the 70's. It's going to adjust and it's going to hurt.

I guess since some of you guys aren't willing to pay the 50 or 60 per lb today prices there should be more for guys like me. Except that the pricing isn't scaring anyone away.

I'd like to see everyone to protest fuel prices and quit driving, that should lower the prices🤣😂

I guess since some of you guys aren't willing to pay the 50 or 60 per lb today prices there should be more for guys like me. Except that the pricing isn't scaring anyone away.

I'd like to see everyone to protest fuel prices and quit driving, that should lower the prices🤣😂
Defense Minister: The wise guy you were predicting...

I'd like to see everyone to protest fuel prices and quit driving, that should lower the prices
The crappy deal with this is the wife and I found entertainment in the last two years by going on road trips/day trips. Out and about, no face rags, no karens or darrels to deal with. Walk in the forest, or by the river. At least when the dick-taters in Salem deemed it "Safe" to walk in the forest or by the rivers. Now with gas this way? Well...
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!! And your little brown stain in salem toooo.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads