JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IMG_20230225_124747868.jpg

Power Pistol has always been my favorite and is available from time to time. BE-86 has been available for quite some time and is supposed to be Power Pistol with a flash suppressant. Both are very economical!

They went from being the more expensive higher end and now they're the reasonably priced one.
Around here in my part of NC, Alliant and AA powders haven't really changed much in price percentage wise. Last year about this time, I was paying $24 for Alliant powders, it's gone up about $10 a lb. Hodgdon / IMR was around $30 it's gone up $20 a lb. and is the same price as all the Vihtavuori both being in the low to mid $50 a lb. range.

Around here in my part of NC, Alliant and AA powders haven't really changed much in price percentage wise. Last year about this time, I was paying $24 for Alliant powders, it's gone up about $10 a lb. Hodgdon / IMR was around $30 it's gone up $20 a lb. and is the same price as all the Vihtavuori both being in the low to mid $50 a lb. range.
And I always wonder about things like this. How much is really "Additional Dealer Profit"?

That sounds about right for here as well, I saw the Alliant powder go up back in mid-late 2020 and haven't seen it change much since. I've seen the really cheap IMR powders i.e. 4198, 4064 and 3031 go up from around $23 to $58 in less than a year. Hodgdon isn't doing that much better, I've seen there price jump 85% to 110% in just a year for a lot of their powders.

If you run across some, somewhere, somehow, don't pass on a jug of HS-7 or Win571.
It'll be an old jug, but data is still available.
800x will be good if you find some. You might run across these as odd lots, or at estate sales; worth picking up.

Joe

Just completed first loads…. I guess I'm used to loading rifle cartridges. I became apparent that pistol grns equate to A Lot of loading. So, affordable is built into a 5 grn load.
1400 rnds in one pound of powder. Worth whatever prices are right now.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews