JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Meh. I'd probably have paid it anyway. I'd be pretty grumpy, though. Been looking for H1000 for a looooong time and searching the wanted section tells me I'm not the only one

Considering I haven't purchased primers in 4 years, I don't see myself buying large kegs of powder anytime soon Especially at $500ish for the keg.

Id buy small rifle primers if I saw them if they were 40-60 per thousand. I'd probably say $50 a pound of powder is the max id pay. I'm loading a lot less than I have ever before. Shooting a lot less center fire than ever before too.

Has anyone else noticed that midway shows 0 stock or "temporarily unavailable" for both powder and primes for the last week? It seems really unlikely that they ran out of everything in one day. It didn't even show the less popular ones that people hardly buy that they had.

More and more it appears that Sportsman's has gone out of control when it comes to pricing. No business can stay afloat catering to only stupid consumers (though there must be a lot of those). Makes me question whether they will be around much longer...

Sportsman Warehouse in Vancouver had powder this morning! Hallelujah! Grabbed t8 pound jugs of H1000 and Retumbo and headed to check out!! They rung up at $569.00 H1000 $599.00 Retumbo. I promptly put it back on shelf and settled for a couple $47.00 pounds of H322. I hope this is just Sportsman's profiting Not a sign of things to come.

View attachment 1147863 View attachment 1147864
Well, look on the bright side. At least Sportsman's outrageous Retumbo cost is 17% lower than someone else is trying to sell it to NWFA members for at $90/pound.

Yea, if you limp dicked your rifle by running out of ammo you did it wrong.
People run out of ammo? Just take a break from shooting. Heck - I'm looking at getting a $300 ish air rifle just because I can enjoy plinking with that for a while and save my ammo until sanity returns to the country or the end of the country, whichever happens first.

I find it absurd complaining about prices on powder. 400 or 500 per 8lb jug will be the new normal. I posted a 8lb jug of excess varget I have for 450 and could have sold it time and time again except I don't wanna ship it. I see primers in classifieds for 110 to 125 and they sell like no tomorrow. I just today paid 51.90 for 1k of primers today. And no one complains about them for double in the classi

I find it absurd complaining about prices on powder. 400 or 500 per 8lb jug will be the new normal. I posted a 8lb jug of excess varget I have for 450 and could have sold it time and time again except I don't wanna ship it. I see primers in classifieds for 110 to 125 and they sell like no tomorrow. I just today paid 51.90 for 1k of primers today. And no one complains about them for double in the classi
Oh yes they do complain about the prices but most tend to keep it to themselves. As for powder costs they are overpriced and primers are high cause they are hard to find/get and powder is easier to get/find so the high prices are not worth it. I've personally passed on overpriced powders I needed and waited till I found them cheaper, saved several hundred bucks by doing that.

I realize these products have not been available at Powder Valley for a very long time. I post these picks for perspective and a sanity check . Sportsman's is not the only company profiting from "supply and demand" pricing. I followed up on a lead that a small privately owned gun shop in Camas/ Washougal WA had powder. They had a impressive selection of sought after 1 lb and 8 lb powder priced on average $65 a lb and $450 to $550 per 8. Again I passed buying it up.
I do understand and except that sellers have the right to charge what they want for products they have found a way to source. I simply exercised my right to
turn around and walk out of the store and make a mental note to myself about future patronage.

H1000.PNG Retumbo.PNG

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads