JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Heading to store early afternoon….

Just punching paper……
I haven't researched this cartridge yet, this will be my first pound. I know prices don't vary a whole deal of $$s but a tenner is a tenner is a $10'er……Or better…. I've only purchased TiteGroup.
Still need to get some projectiles too…
I'm loading this for the first time, so any suggestions would be great.
Or..
If you have a devastating monster killer …. Maybe I should try that too?

Ps.. I do have a book and this is what they list In Lyman 50th…. Just checking in with you guys
Thank you.

913AF971-CE8B-4FE0-82ED-C8155D93FF1D.jpeg

Last Edited:
I don't load for a 10mm but if you peruse the written information for each cartridge in books by the bullet companies: Speer, Hornady, Sierra, they typically list what powders they had the best luck with in their tests. I have found this pretty useful over the years.

To expand a little bit as to what I do for a first loading of a cartridge, the idea here is to get a reference point I can go back to as needed.
First I pick a bullet that I want to use and it's use. I generally like bullets on the heavier for caliber end of the spectrum. As the load development test firing will be done on paper I look to hardcast or FMJ bullets and save the HP's for later.
Next I look at the load data for what powders are used for that bullet weight. I look for the highest case fill, lowest pressure, and highest velocity. Others might look at a powder that uses the least grains for the economy of the load.
Now days not all powders or bullets are available all the time so I'll take a list with me and get what I concider my best choices given the options avaible.

Titegroup is one of the most economical powders you can use. You'll use fewer grains of Titegroup than you will with comparable powders. You will also get higher pressures from Titegroup and you won't have quite the same velocities as from other powders, but you will use less of it to make workable loads.
I've been using it for years for my .40 and a pound goes a long ways.

Here's a lot of data on one page. I have used this as a reference, but check the numbers from the mfg to be safe. If you are trying to save money, look at the amount of powder per cartridge, not just the price per pound.
That page has a lot of good info. I am in the Longshot camp myself because it was the only one I could find at the time, but there are a lot of other options as you can see.

I have been loading 10mm for a few years now and Accurate #9 is my definite "go to" powder. I am admittedly an Accurate Powder fan, but #9 gives consistent results, burns clean, isn't super flashy and doesn't break the bank.

If you'd like, I can send you a pic of the load data for it from the Lee 2nd edition reloading book, that I use.

I have been loading 10mm for a few years now and Accurate #9 is my definite "go to" powder. I am admittedly an Accurate Powder fan, but #9 gives consistent results, burns clean, isn't super flashy and doesn't break the bank.

If you'd like, I can send you a pic of the load data for it from the Lee 2nd edition reloading book, that I use.
Yes. Thank you

Punchin paper? Bullseye. Just like the name says. Also doesn't take a lot of powder per round.

Blue-Dot does make nice flashes. :)
Do you ever see Bullseye on the shelf? I don't have a 10mm :(, but I use Bullseye for .40 S&W and don't have much left. I haven't seen any Bullseye at Bi-Mart or Cabela's in a long time. Fortunately, I do have a decent supply of loaded ammo.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top