JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lots of discussion on "the boards" and so far it's good talk.

I'm considering it for a trial run in my AR's. It sure looks good for 55gr bullets. Even the "starting load" shows more velocity potential than what I am getting from "max load" of some of the more traditional ".223 powders".

It's supposed to reduce copper fouling greatly. Now if they could just do something about the carbon fouling on an AR Bolt;)

Lots of discussion on "the boards" and so far it's good talk.

I'm considering it for a trial run in my AR's. It sure looks good for 55gr bullets. Even the "starting load" shows more velocity potential than what I am getting from "max load" of some of the more traditional ".223 powders".

It's supposed to reduce copper fouling greatly. Now if they could just do something about the carbon fouling on an AR Bolt;)

They did. It's called a gas piston system ;) :s0112:

They did. It's called a gas piston system ;) :s0112:

That's funny, I had rifles that had gas pistons and they still fouled. M-1, M-14, even an M-60, all had to have the carbon scraped out of the gas chamber and off the piston. They just put it in a different place. Only difference is that there is less heat on the bolt/carrier and the carbon forms elsewhere. Even had the same issues with a Remington 1100.

Like I said, a powder that doesn't leave lots of carbon residue would sure be nice.

I have used the CFE223. I am pretty happy with it so far. Using Berger 55 gr Target HP and 26.5 gr powder. It meters really well, but seems to take a lot of powder per load. As far as the copper fouling issue, haven't shot enough to tell if it helps or not. Looks like grinding powder or welding bb's. I've got it down to about a 1" group at 100yds with the above load. Bought an 8lb jug so I'll be using it for a while. Give it a shot.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top