JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It`s plain to see that I don`t have the weight-saving benefits of keymod, everything either has to mount by rail or use an adapter. Which sucks.

But... but... A grippod lets you have both... A bad foregrip and a bad bipod. I've used them before too, there's a surplus of them where I live because no one keeps theirs for very long. But hey, they're good for keeping your rifle off the floor in the mess hall.

Last Edited:
This is the angled one I am contemplating:

777268.jpg

Was at my Grandfather`s farm earlier today, trying to sight in my new Vortex Crossfire II in 2-7x32. Sadly we didn`t have any real stable position to shoot from and my attempt here to rest the rail on an ammo can ended with the discovery of a small raise in the earth between our position and our target. This was the first time this upper had ever been fired and it shot wonderfully, sadly the adjustable gas block kept us essentially making the AR a straight-pull bolt action. Will have to fix that and try again.

Ol8d8KH.jpg
ex9IeFd.jpg

IMO, unless you can get to the adjustable gas block on the spot, its more hassle than its worth to have one. But if you were able to adjust it and it kept doing that, check the gas port size and see if that was the issue.

IMO, unless you can get to the adjustable gas block on the spot, its more hassle than its worth to have one. But if you were able to adjust it and it kept doing that, check the gas port size and see if that was the issue.
It was a custom build I got from a friend, dunno why he went with an adjustable, maybe he just had an extra sitting around? Bottom line if I got it fixed!:p

Just got my Colt mil/le lower in for my m4a1 build. Still need to find a Colt ambi safety and the right muzzle brake to finish the build. And a different Acog... And a dbal......and maybe an m4a1 marked lower... And.... Aaaahhh! I am never going to be done...

IMG_20160516_175055805.jpg IMG_20160516_175108938.jpg IMG_20160516_175136661.jpg

Where do I find the paper work? how much is this little adventure going to cost? Do I need to involve a FFL person in this process? Also, can this be combined with the suppressor process? Save time on the wait and paper work.

I'm building a SBR as well from a 10.5" pistol. It'll gave a Maxim CQB buttstock once the stamp shows up & it'll look a lot like the photo.

If you haven't already done so you can eFile a <broken link removed> . Set up an account, fill in all of the appropriate boxes & they'll charge your credit card $200. Mine was submitted 3/22/16 and I'm guessing I'll have it by July 15th because I used a Trust and they seem to process faster. Hope this helps.

Maxim SBR.jpg

Last Edited:
My son & I built his rifle a couple of weeks ago. Spike's Tactical "Jack" billet lower, not sure what brand upper but he has a Sharp's Rifle BCG & a 3.5# drop in trigger. He and my 14 y.o. Grandson are crazy about skulls so the lower will be Cerakoted to look like dead flesh / bleached bones.

He also built up a Bear Creek Arsenal 10.5" pistol & that's what he & his buddy are firing. Looks mighty cool!

He lives in CA so he can only use mini-size mags but he has bullet buttons on them and that'll turn them into full-auto....

AR rifle.jpg IMG_0612.JPG AR-15 complete.JPG P.jpeg C.jpeg

That helps a bunch, thanks! Looks like I need to do two forms, one for a suppressor, the other for the SBR. I got my new barrel, but wont install it until the paper work comes through! Not sure how the suppressor thing works, Do I have to buy it first, and then wait until my paper work comes through or do I do the paper work first, then buy one?

That helps a bunch, thanks! Looks like I need to do two forms, one for a suppressor, the other for the SBR. I got my new barrel, but wont install it until the paper work comes through! Not sure how the suppressor thing works, Do I have to buy it first, and then wait until my paper work comes through or do I do the paper work first, then buy one?

I don't own a suppressor but whoever you buy it from should help you with the paperwork. As I understand the process you'll pay for the suppressor, do the paperwork (Form 4) & the seller will hold the item until your stamp is approved. Ask the seller if they charge to help you with the paperwork. I had one place tell me I'd need to pay them $100 extra just to have them help me fill it out. Don't do business with slimeballs like that.

If you're in OR or WA you can build a pistol & go shoot it but don't put a buttstock or a vertical front grip on it. An angle grip is OK & there are inexpensive ones on Amazon & eBay. If you're in CA you're screwed because they don't allow ANY Class 3 items and it's illegal to build a pistol from any lower purchased in CA, stripped or not.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top