JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Picked up a Spikes billet Jack lower. Never seen one and had to have it. Put together 3 with parts laying around the house. Anyone know where I can find FDE rifle length hand guards for a NM free floated barrel?
IMG_2020.JPG IMG_2021.JPG IMG_2023.JPG

@PDX1953 ,

Can you tell me what part this is / who makes this ? Id like something similar on one of my builds.

View attachment 298152

My son bought the parts from Unique ARs. The heat shield has a slot in it so it'll fit past the gas block & is held in place with the end cap which screws onto the 1/2" x 28 threads so you lose the ability to use a flash hider or suppressor. His is black & orange but the orange is pretty lackluster so it'll eventually be Cerakoted a brighter color.

You may also want to look at Kineti-Tech. Their shrouds thread onto the end of the barrel but they offer a threaded extension cap so you can use a flash hider, etc. I have two of their muzzle brake /sound re-directors on two AR pistols & they really make a difference. Just be aware that none of their barrel covers fit over the gas block.

Rifle lower close up.JPG IMG_0502.JPG "dave, post: 1463383, member: 316"]Picked up a Spikes billet Jack lower. Never seen one and had to have it. Put together 3 with parts laying around the house. Anyone know where I can find FDE rifle length hand guards for a NM free floated barrel?
View attachment 298173 View attachment 298174 View attachment 298175[/QUOTE]

My son's gun (one or two posts back) uses the same lower. He paid $340 for it right when they came out but the price has gone down on them.

The photo of the coated lower is the look he's going for and it'll take a real artist to create it.

Very cool. I'm not up on the most current stuff obviously. I could see someone with some artistic ability painting these up to be works of art. I like nice things but they still have to be able to be banged around and used.

These billet "The Jack" lowers are made here in Oregon for Spikes tactical. By a company called Sharps Bros. I had never heard of them, again not that I am up on the latest and greatest. But still cool that its a local design.

That is a Suppressor. Class 3 item Requires a $200 Class 3 Tax Stamp.
Possible that its a Fake Can/barrell extension.

Its not a suppressor, or a fake can. Its the heat shield extension from Unique AR's I have one at home I got with my forend from them, they never sent the end cap though.

My son bought the parts from Unique ARs. The heat shield has a slot in it so it'll fit past the gas block & is held in place with the end cap which screws onto the 1/2" x 28 threads so you lose the ability to use a flash hider or suppressor. His is black & orange but the orange is pretty lackluster so it'll eventually be Cerakoted a brighter color.

You may also want to look at Kineti-Tech. Their shrouds thread onto the end of the barrel but they offer a threaded extension cap so you can use a flash hider, etc. I have two of their muzzle brake /sound re-directors on two AR pistols & they really make a difference. Just be aware that none of their barrel covers fit over the gas block.

Thanks @PDX1953 , I never got my end cap for the heat shield they sent, I suspected it was that. I like the Kineti-Tech stuff, I may look into one of those, it looks like you can custom build/order one to.

You can do it 2 different ways. You have to fill out a Form 4, you will need finger print cards, PP Photo, and then you have to track down and get Signature of Chief LEO, and then send it in, then wait 3-12 months to get the stamp back from NFA. Thats as an Individual...ie; just in your name. The other way (better way IMO) is to do it in a Trust. You can pay certain Shops $50 to do the trust paperwork for you. You fill out the same Form 4, and can put it in your name- ex; "John Smith", or "Smith Family Trust" or w/e you want to name it. Doing it this way, you dont have to do the print cards, PP Photo, signature of LEO ect... And the best part is that you can add Trustees to it. So if you do it the Individual way, only you can carry the Suppressor, but as a Trust, anyone on the Trust can carry/shoot it w/o the Primary being there. You can add/remove trustees whenever you want. As an Individual owned suppressor, if you die (god forbid) the suppressor must be turned in or destroyed.

That is so early 2016. Now you don't need the CLEO signature on a Form 1/4 . Trusts and individual pretty much have the same requirements now. fingerprints, pics, etc. Neither require the CLEO signoff any more. You can't just add trustees any more either. They need BG checks, fingerprints etc.

Actually I am telling you something you don't know. You do not need a CLEO signature for anything any more. You need to send a copy of the form 1 or 4 in to the local CLEO but you no longer need a sign off from them for individual or trust.

ATF 41F & Buying a Silencer - 6 Things You Need to Know - SilencerCo (https://silencerco.com/blog/2016/02/11/buying-a-silencer-6-things-you-need-to-know-about-atf-41f/)

"One of the good things to come out of 41F is the removal of the CLEO sign-off requirement for individual applicants, eliminating the ability of anti-NFA officials to arbitrarily bar Americans from owning items like suppressors and machine guns. Now individual applicants simply need to submit a notification to their local CLEO by way of sending them a copy of all pertinent documents.

While trust applicants were not required to obtain CLEO sign-off before, 41F mandates that they must notify their local CLEO of any manufacture or transfer of an NFA item."

20160802_201707.jpg
The AR I built last night. It's just standard Magpul MOE with a stainless barrel in .223 Wylde and a nickel boron bcg. Nothing to brag about, but the price is. I built it from a rifle kit from Daytona Tactical with an 80% lower. Total cost out the door was $559.

Latest build. I just completed it this morning.

Specs:
Anderson lower with built in trigger guard
BCA quad railed upper with BCG and charge handle
CMMG LPK
Magpul MOE stock
Magpul AFG-2
Vortex Strikefire II red/green dot
UTG rail covers
Buffer tube/buffer and spring I had already

A nice basic build that is affordable and should run quite well.

IMG_8775.jpg IMG_8788.jpg IMG_8790.jpg

AR-15 piston builds from a couple years ago:
Parts list:
  • Aero Precision Upper
  • Black Hole Weaponry 16" carbine melonited stainless steel barrel with parabolic rifleing
  • PWS SC556 flash hider/compensator. Since been replaced by a Smith Vortex.
  • Adams Arms carbine piston kit
  • POF roller cam
  • Samson Evolution 7 Ext rail
  • Magpul RVG in Foliage Green
  • Bravo Company VLTOR Ambi charge handle
  • Vortex Spitfire 1x prismatic scope
  • Not shown, but FDE Troy BUIS w/ HK style front added since the picture
  • Aero Precision Lower
  • ALG Defense Combat Trigger
  • KNS anti roll pins in FDE
  • Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard
  • Magpul BAD lever
  • Magpul MIAD grip in FDE
  • QD receiver end plate
  • Spikes T2 Buffer
  • Magpul ACS stock in FDE
upload_2014-9-2_18-32-3-jpeg.29335.jpg

Adams Patrol Battle Rifle (AR308 piston):
  • Leupold 3x9 VX-r Patrol scope
  • Leupold Mark IV ARD
  • Nikon M223 XR 30mm mount
  • Troy BUIS w/ HK style front
  • QD bipod mount
  • Harris Bipod
255952-8c6eaacba065d261b1a8985df3e67c65.jpg

My new truck/get home gun - Ruger AR-556. Planning on Cerakoting similar to my builds above this summer:
  • Vortex Spitfire 1x prismatic scope
  • Troy rear BUIS
  • MFT Minimalist stock
  • MagPul MIAD grip
  • MagPul MOE hand guard
  • Smith Vortex flash hider
upload_2016-8-9_15-52-0.jpeg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class