JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hopefully not insulting to native Hawaiians but I wanted a traditional Hawaiian sword. Instead of shark teeth I used steel and blued it to prevent rust. Koa wood which is hard enough to hold an edge and cut vegetables (and my finger).

20200705_152901.jpg

20200703_190310.jpg
20200704_150121.jpg

20200704_150107.jpg

Whilst I do custom woodworking on yachts, sometimes I just make some kind of toy for a project.
The roof was removed for the vid so that the insides could be shown.
It rolls on its tracks and works just like the ones that built the Panama Canal.
Hope you enjoy;

Those are pretty cool!

But that one on the right... pleeeeeeease tell me that's a back-scratcher...??? o_O

Cuz if it's not, then I'm creeped out beyond any hope of recovery... :eek: :s0140:

Last Edited:
Wow! There are some true craftsman on this forum. I am humbled.

This is a firepit that I built for my son and his fiance last Monday, and Tuesday. He will set it down into the ground when he gets his paving stones all set, but for now he's using it where it is.

20200710_153115.jpg

Thanks. I wasn't going to give them the door until after the wedding, as I didn't want to be the one spreading any bad juju. However, I was overruled by my "Boss", (who did a LOT of grinding on this project). She said it just didn't look right without the door...she was right of course.

...and it appears you are one of them!
I am humbled! :s0155:

I thank you very, very much for the compliment, even though I can only wish that I had what it takes to be a true craftsman.

I've done just enough woodworking including a few good inlays, (and many more not so good!) to realize this. In wood; every joint has to be absolutely PERFECT. Whereas, when working with steel, or aluminum, and I screw up a measurement or a joint, say I leave a 3/8"-1/2" gap on on end, and the other end is perfect; I run a bead up it, and when I'm done...nobody except me knows it was ugly when I first struck that arc. Also, if my wife were to grind too deep, and screw up the way something looks, I can just run another cover pass over it, and grind it off over again. (Not that anything like that would ever happen, over and over)!

Thanks again for the compliments, so far every person that sits around it seems to like it...especially if they've had a few!

I built this in the 1990's, everything from the chain steering wheel, headlight to the whitewall lowrider tires on 144 spokes! everything but the sissy bar was either twisted or twisted etching. All chrome and "gold" with that diamond tuck velvet banana seat.. Things we wish we had again..

20191022_114215.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top