JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
here's my latest bass build
20170319_182607.jpg

Second attempt at bacon...

I made it. Smokey maple and the best I've ever had. 9 day wet cure.

FBB3361C-C394-4FF1-A6A4-19CEACF720B7.jpg IMG_3485.JPG

I used to build custom slingshots, but I've been away from that for a while. My FIL has been asking me for a couple of years to make one for him. A few weeks back, I came across one I had started for someone else but had never finished because I lost contact with them. So I decided to finally finish it off and customize the build for him.

He's a big fan of Lewis and Clark, Mt Hood and the Oregon Territory, so I looked around for something to add to it to personalize it a bit. I eventually found a little Lewis and Clark Medallion that was the right size and had a Forstner bit that matched the diameter exactly so it could be set in place nice and tight.

The materials are maple, with a strip of orange ossage. The core is homemade micarta (or you could say homemade G10) made from many layers of paper soaked in 2-part epoxy and pressed to make a solid slab. It is incredibly strong material that, when you file or sand at an angle, you see some really nice layers of color. In the case of the slingshot, you don't get to see that as well because of how I used it - but at the bottom of the photos, I included a photo of the same material, a scrap piece, that I sanded at an angle so you can see those layers of color. The finish is multiple layers of Tung Oil after lots and lots of sanding.

It's banded with a homemade leather pouch and Theraband gold.

I'll be giving this to him next week.

IMG_8676.jpg
IMG_8674.jpg
IMG_8681.jpg
IMG_8692.jpg
IMG_8695.jpg
IMG_8701.jpg
IMG_8702.jpg
IMG_8711.jpg
IMG_8723.jpg

And a view of the homemade micarta material when it's sanded back at an angle:

IMG_8719.jpg

I had to travel to Alaska to take these pics (lost the originials)... Yeah, some will say that I went there just to fish but in all honesty, I went to spend time with my son (fishing was just a bonus)...;)
This is the humidor that I built for my son years ago. Made of Honduran mahogany, the inside is Spanish Cedar (along with the trays) and finished with red oak varnish. In person the wood grain pops out at you but pics do not do this piece justice, it is by far my best work before my back injury which took away my desire of WW.

20170617_191301.jpg 20170617_183146.jpg 20170617_182805.jpg 20170617_182950.jpg 20170617_182815.jpg 20170617_183208.jpg

I'm not handy with tools but damn I'm good with this stuff..

Wifey and I busted out the equivalent of 96 ½ pints of jam tonight in 5 hours.

Before being married she had never done anything related to this... :eek:

L-R
Blackberry & Raspberry
Raspberry & Strawberry
Raspberry
Strawberry

Picked from the farm, canned at home. Nothing beats simple and fresh ingredients.

IMG_3550.JPG IMG_3551.JPG

Last Edited:
These are some of my summer honey do's that I have been working on. Thank God the list for the summer is almost done.
IMG_0138.JPG
IMG_0136.JPG IMG_0137.JPG

860 sq ft paver patio and trying to get the man cave finished up. @Joe13 this is why I haven't been able to go shooting. August is just around the corner and range time will be had. ;):)

My youngest daughter holding my 80% AR pistol.... so technically I made both of them. :D

View attachment 371455

Wait, how young? Too young to buy her own rifle ammo?

I'm not handy with tools but damn I'm good with this stuff..

Wifey and I busted out the equivalent of 96 ½ pints of jam tonight in 5 hours.

Before being married she had never done anything related to this... :eek:

L-R
Blackberry & Raspberry
Raspberry & Strawberry
Raspberry
Strawberry

Picked from the farm, canned at home. Nothing beats simple and fresh ingredients.

View attachment 377074 View attachment 377115

It took an entire evening, but I canned five gallons worth of my mirabelle plums into jam last weekend. Federally banned from importation, but I've got a little tree in my yard that soaks up the sun like crazy and produces amazing fruit.

I made this drink today. Does that count? It's called "Good morning Vietnam!" Espresso over OJ after I mixed in a shot of Strike Force energy to the juice. It has enough caffeine to kill a pygmy, and I can hear colors.

IMG_8386.JPG

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads