JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got to see the Smit Boats up close and personal like while on leave, a couple of us went out and toured the Rotterdam and the Lloyd. I have yet to see the "Happy Hunter" in person, but would love to some day, If she still exists. Further north, We also toured the Ice Breaker Nordica and could see the OTSO tied along side from a far distance! Pretty cool boats, and my inspiration for building models of them! When I get back home, I will post up more pictures including my own design complete with hand made propellers, and the Z drives!

I scratch Build R/C Model Salvage Tugs from around the world. I also Build Ice Breakers and war ships some times, but mainly Tugs! Most of the Big Tugs ar around 5 feet in length and work our as 1/24th scale.
View attachment 356496
View attachment 356497
View attachment 356498
Wow! You must own shares in the popsicle co. ;) Very nice work there. Reminds me of the R/C hydroplanes people would bring in to and display at the Seattle Hydroplane and race boat museum I used to volunteer at years ago. If you want to see some of the vintage hydro's I built go watch the movie "Madison" with Jim Caviezel and the kid who played Anakin Skywalker, Jake Lloyd. Kinda family oriented movie based on true story of the Miss Madison hydro. But pretty cool to see something you helped build in the movies.

They wouldn't let me upload the movie here. :p

My first one but defiantly not my last...;)

20170407_143627.jpg 20170330_144917_001.jpg

Made a couple of things here...
5lzPrA0E0--7MTqf5KFSJdYI741Sb36cE0ZOptcHC6pRLHo81q-WY5I1bxlh0AYPgUIDWZTplFUHMM90hGbd6tig=s772-no.jpg

Her rod is pretty awesome and was the third rod I ever built, right before she was born.

threequarter.jpg
split.jpg
inlay.jpg

The photos make the wraps look like it has gaps, but it's the thread itself...

Batson/Rainshadow SPG-601, painted and chopped to 4'9"
PacBay chrome guides
Super Sticker spinning reel seat #123
1″ rear butt
ProWrap VersaBlend thread
Purple Abalone inlays
Purple aluminum winding checks

@Caveman Jim Which grip did you use? It looks similar to the FAB Defense ones I like, but since the FABs are expensive I'm starting to look for a similar but more affordable component when the parts of Project Gremlin get split up into the upgraded "Gremlin 2.0" and the EP lower being reconstituted as a "Baby Gremlin" .22LR trainer.

Why am I calling an AR pistol "gremlin"? Got a better name for a nasty little green thing that can and will totally eff you up if you step to it? LOL

Made a couple of things here...
View attachment 356618

Her rod is pretty awesome and was the third rod I ever built, right before she was born.

View attachment 356619
View attachment 356620
View attachment 356621

The photos make the wraps look like it has gaps, but it's the thread itself...

Batson/Rainshadow SPG-601, painted and chopped to 4'9"
PacBay chrome guides
Super Sticker spinning reel seat #123
1″ rear butt
ProWrap VersaBlend thread
Purple Abalone inlays
Purple aluminum winding checks

Very nice work!!!;)

@Caveman Jim Which grip did you use? It looks similar to the FAB Defense ones I like, but since the FABs are expensive I'm starting to look for a similar but more affordable component when the parts of Project Gremlin get split up into the upgraded "Gremlin 2.0" and the EP lower being reconstituted as a "Baby Gremlin" .22LR trainer.

Why am I calling an AR pistol "gremlin"? Got a better name for a nasty little green thing that can and will totally eff you up if you step to it? LOL

Rock River Arms. I got it on a trade of a box full of AR stuff a few years ago... I do like to barter stuff.;)

I recently built this extremely amazing clear thermomolded plastic holster for a friend of him.

He needed a way to showcase his pride and joy... a 2017 special $100 finished hi-point c9 pistol.

The holster itself is unfortunately not "duty grade" but it most certainly is "show off the amazingness for your buddies" grade.

I need to make some modifications to the length of the drop leg portion at some point.

Behold... in all its glory... IMG_4874.JPG

IMG_4854.JPG

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews