JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Spanish Air Force M44

67914983-5224-49C9-8D7E-223CE2B3F734.jpeg

A 1939 Erma K98k, a recent pickup from a NWFA member. The stock is a Minelli's reproduction, but with some sanding and fitting to improve the profile. Still needs oil.

1939 Erma.JPG

Just a typical Swiss K11 carbine I picked recently. I've owned other Swiss rifles in the past and never took much of a liking to them for some reason but this one's become one of my favorite milsurps. One downside is the bolt knob was broken when I got it. The one seen here is an aftermarket replacement, which fits quite perfectly but is the wrong color.

54445D96-05B5-4FA4-978D-23A6E61D35C3.jpeg

Just a typical Swiss K11 carbine I picked recently. I've owned other Swiss rifles in the past and never took much of a liking to them for some reason but this one's become one of my favorite milsurps. One downside is the bolt knob was broken when I got it. The one seen here is an aftermarket replacement, which fits quite perfectly but is the wrong color.

View attachment 1140078
Get on to Swiss Products in Kalispell MT - they have the correct russet-red knobs.

1645903137565.png

Acquired a couple of Carcanos, 1936 Terni 91 Moschetto and 1941 Terni M41. Both of these have shiny bores w/ no pitting. It makes me wonder if the Italians did not use corrosive ammo or just did a better job of cleaning.

I have an M38 "short rifle" on the way.. My poor wallet :/

I wasn't going to get into Carcanos as I have no more time or space, but I tell myself in 10 years Carcanos will go up like Mosins and everyone will regret not getting them. Plus the history of Italy in the Spanish Civil War and in Greece, North Africa is very interesting.

Carcano_M91 Moschetto.jpg Carcano_M41.jpg

@Mikej Those Swede Mausers are beautiful as are K31s. If you are a reloader those are the milsurps you wanna have. Or the Finn M39
I am indeed a reloader. I would love a K31 too.
That's Finnish Mosin Nagant? Every thing I've heard and read talks about fireballs and recoil with the Mosin's. It was that as the reason I steered away from them and looked at the Swede Mausers. My old bony shoulders won't take the punishment. I was forced to get rid of a beauty on an 03A3 because of recoil.

I've been into shooting cast bullets in some of my old surplus guns in recent years, partly because it's cheaper, and partly because I download them to where they're fun to shoot. The Steyr M95 carbine in 8x56R is brutal with full power ammo. Powder-coated, gas-check cast bullets tame it down nicely. Same with the Mosin.

If I get tired of casting and loading, there's always the thousand or so rounds of Czech low-recoil training ammo I have stashed away... :)

Acquired a couple of Carcanos, 1936 Terni 91 Moschetto and 1941 Terni M41. Both of these have shiny bores w/ no pitting. It makes me wonder if the Italians did not use corrosive ammo or just did a better job of cleaning.

I have an M38 "short rifle" on the way.. My poor wallet :/

I wasn't going to get into Carcanos as I have no more time or space, but I tell myself in 10 years Carcanos will go up like Mosins and everyone will regret not getting them. Plus the history of Italy in the Spanish Civil War and in Greece, North Africa is very interesting.

View attachment 1144423 View attachment 1144424
I keep wondering if the Carcano will go the way of the Mosin or not. On one hand I kinda hope so because I got so many of the damn things... and so much of milsurp stuff eventually does go up drastically in price when supply dries up. On the other hand, Mosins have the advantage of relatively cheap, common ammo. It was produced in multiple countries and still has multiple producers today. Obviously recent events have driven up the costs of x54R but it's still several times cheaper and more available than 6.5 or 7.35 Carcano, which in turn affects desirability.

I keep wondering if the Carcano will go the way of the Mosin or not. On one hand I kinda hope so because I got so many of the damn things... and so much of milsurp stuff eventually does go up drastically in price when supply dries up. On the other hand, Mosins have the advantage of relatively cheap, common ammo. It was produced in multiple countries and still has multiple producers today. Obviously recent events have driven up the costs of x54R but it's still several times cheaper and more available than 6.5 or 7.35 Carcano, which in turn affects desirability.
That's a good point re: ammo availability. I'm already starting to see this problem w/ .303 Enfield. I did backorder a bunch of 6.5x52. PPU is the only game in town for non-reloaders.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews