JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Colt XSE Lightweight Government

IMG_2616.jpeg

Here's my Rock Island Armory in 10mm. I bought this during Covid when 9mm ammo was sparse, but every shop had loads of 10mm available. After a few feeding issues during the first 100 rounds, it runs surprisingly well now.

IMG_0189.jpg

Here's my Rock Island Armory in 10mm. I bought this during Covid when 9mm ammo was sparse, but every shop had loads of 10mm available. After a few feeding issues during the first 100 rounds, it runs surprisingly well now.

View attachment 1837682
I have the same one, it runs very well and is more accurate than I am. My only issue is finding the brass afterwards.

I have quite a few 1911s I have collected through the years, all of them get tuned, modified etc... this kimber HD ll I bought used years ago and went through it completely, refit the slide to frame , barrel to slide, all different FCG (Ed Brown parts)
Mostly, I like the way it shoots today is first time in 2 years that it has been shot carried this one for 2 years and shot thousands of rounds with it

20240309_201552.jpg 20240309_201346.jpg

I have quite a few 1911s I have collected through the years, all of them get tuned, modified etc... this kimber HD ll I bought used years ago and went through it completely, refit the slide to frame , barrel to slide, all different FCG (Ed Brown parts)
Mostly, I like the way it shoots today is first time in 2 years that it has been shot carried this one for 2 years and shot thousands of rounds with it

View attachment 1840186 View attachment 1840187
Awesome. Darn good shooting (hopefully you didn't put any holes in that door ;)). How hard was it to refit the slide and frame?

Awesome. Darn good shooting (hopefully you didn't put any holes in that door ;)). How hard was it to refit the slide and frame?
For me fitting the slide to frame is the most time consuming task or in my case challenge working on a 1911, the best I can say is to get a book to use for this process
Walt Kuleck and Drake Oldman published one years ago , I think it's called the complete 19ll , anyway iam old school, I use old school methods hammers , micrometers and files

For me fitting the slide to frame is the most time consuming task or in my case challenge working on a 1911, the best I can say is to get a book to use for this process
Walt Kuleck and Drake Oldman published one years ago , I think it's called the complete 19ll , anyway iam old school, I use old school methods hammers , micrometers and files
That's cool. I wish my skill level was there, I'm just dipping my toes in terms of learning how to work on the 1911 platform. Fitting sights, extractors, and triggers is as far as I've gone.

Liking a glock or a 1911 is personal decision
They are both great pistols , I mean don't get me wrong here I prefer 1911s over glock , high-power, CZ etc... just my opinion and belief,
I like my pistols to not have other manufacturers flare shared on them . A Glock1911 doesn't work for me but obviously them being separate and different I enjoy . The last Sig I bought years ago thankful did not have the beavertail integrated yet . :)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top