Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

National Post Office removes rifle from stamp.

AndyinEverson

Reactions
Whatever era , there is no shame in being an Infantryman...
Riflemen , taking and holding ground are what wins wars.

The removal of the rifle from the hands of the rifleman on the stamp is insulting and a affront to those who have served as Infantrymen...after all it was the rifle , in the hands of those who have been trained in its use , that won the battles of The Meuse Argonne...Chateau Thierry...and many others...
Andy

ConcernedCitizen

Reactions
Honestly, I think it's a good thing, as that soldier looks a little racially ambiguous to me... It's always good to know who's soldiers you are supporting! :p

GWS

Reactions
The U.S. Postal Service Took Away the Doughboy's Rifle - Firearms News

Short version is the rifle was removed from the original design and replaced with a flag...

View attachment 572841
Oh, for God's sake!
Damn snowflakes.

One thing is for sure, the snowflakes of today would be hard pressed to demonstrate the intestinal fortitude for "Turning The Tide."
QFT
The only tide turning they can do is turn Tide pods into breath mints.
With predictable results.:confused:

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Tim is fantastic! He does great work and does it in a timely manner! He reblued a Colt slide for...
    • hker71
  • Aloha Surplus
    4.00 star(s)
    Its always fun to check out the surplus stuff they have. Some is reasonably priced, some not so...
    • trekkerpaul
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I recently sent in a project gun to Mr. Copeland to slick up an action and thread the barrel...
    • CountryGent
  • All That Glitters - Milwaukie
    5.00 star(s)
    Whenever I am in the area, I like to drop in to see what they have. Not a super big store, but...
    • trekkerpaul
  • All That Glitters - Tigard
    5.00 star(s)
    I have been going to this shop for many years. Always great customer service with an ever...
    • trekkerpaul