JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
On Rotation.. When it comes time to go over your food pantry I agree with what was said above.. If you don't use it.. don't stock it.. I tell people this all the time in the store.. If you don't eat pasta.. tell me again why you have 50lbs of it..
Food storage is a investment process.. its not just the food.. try a good rotation system.. This one from Costco - CanSolidator Food Rotation System Two-pack is nice it gets great reviews.. and its cheap.. Now I am somewhat handy my self.. And this year I plan on doing a video of how to build you own.. Let me tell you.. ITS VERY EASY to build a can rotation system into existing shelves. This is why I object to these $500.00 can rotation shelves I see on the internet.. if you can.. just build it.. Here is a PDF with plans for a cardboard model but you could do it in wood too.. (i did) http://foodstoragemadeeasy.net/fsme/docs/shelfplan.pdf

I digress..
On expatriation dates.. I spent some time on the website above.. ( Expiration Dates: Should You Pay Attention? | StillTasty.com - Your Ultimate Shelf Life Guide ) And I think its a great resource.. just remember in the end.. its you who may be hanging out in the bathroom.. or worse.. use knowledge + good judgement :)

-Joshua

Whenever I open a home canned jar I listen for a pop sound, it indicated that the jar was sealed in the canning process and means its safe.
If I don't hear it pop I throw the entire jar out, because you will get botulism if it has been left unsealed in your pantry. Remember, stop, look, and listen.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top