JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
On Rotation.. When it comes time to go over your food pantry I agree with what was said above.. If you don't use it.. don't stock it.. I tell people this all the time in the store.. If you don't eat pasta.. tell me again why you have 50lbs of it..
Food storage is a investment process.. its not just the food.. try a good rotation system.. This one from Costco - CanSolidator Food Rotation System Two-pack is nice it gets great reviews.. and its cheap.. Now I am somewhat handy my self.. And this year I plan on doing a video of how to build you own.. Let me tell you.. ITS VERY EASY to build a can rotation system into existing shelves. This is why I object to these $500.00 can rotation shelves I see on the internet.. if you can.. just build it.. Here is a PDF with plans for a cardboard model but you could do it in wood too.. (i did) http://foodstoragemadeeasy.net/fsme/docs/shelfplan.pdf

I digress..
On expatriation dates.. I spent some time on the website above.. ( Expiration Dates: Should You Pay Attention? | StillTasty.com - Your Ultimate Shelf Life Guide ) And I think its a great resource.. just remember in the end.. its you who may be hanging out in the bathroom.. or worse.. use knowledge + good judgement :)

-Joshua

Whenever I open a home canned jar I listen for a pop sound, it indicated that the jar was sealed in the canning process and means its safe.
If I don't hear it pop I throw the entire jar out, because you will get botulism if it has been left unsealed in your pantry. Remember, stop, look, and listen.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top