JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been thinking a lot about a prediction I read from someone. Paraphrased:

"They will continue to do everything in their power to make poverty and homelessness worse, and to promote crime and lawlessness which will inevitably lead to violence. Then when that violence invariably happens they will use it as 'evidence' to say they need to go after guns."

If most are gangsta related, wouldn't they be locals? Protecting their turf, etc???
Probably. Likely a bunch of folks coming in due to their thinking hard drugs are legal.

Plus no way to know, given that IIRC, PDX disbanded the gang unit. So no way to track who's who & what's what. Kinda like the Politicians want it that way...

Probably. Likely a bunch of folks coming in due to their thinking hard drugs are legal.

Plus no way to know, given that IIRC, PDX disbanded the gang unit. So no way to track who's who & what's what. Kinda like the Politicians want it that way...
Didn't they just rename it to the gun violence task force?

Yep. They will probably look more like this, though:

Darpa-1024x522.jpg dims-800x445.jpeg

And they likely won't be targeting the purple-haired black-hoodie squad, but regular citizens. Because they wouldn't want regular people interfering with the "peaceful protestor's" rights to burn down buildings.

Last Edited:
Seattle is seeing the same thing. Crap all over Cops, and coddle the scum, then stand there in shock as shooting skyrocket. It's nice when the trash take each other out but, sadly some times they hit the wrong people.
They should take those caught doing drive by's out to the artillery range here, arm them and let them go at it last man standing style.

Great article Dave. BLM, Antifa and gangs are a toxic mix. I used to live in NW Portland, in the 70s before it became 'hip'. Wife is from Lake Oswego - now, I hate even stopping for fuel on the way through. Everyone I knew (good people) have moved away except one.

I was buying some estate stuff from a woman who's husband died in NW Portland. Looked like a nice older neighborhood so I wondered why she had bars on doors and windows.

So I had a pile of war movies to load into the rig and she said I better move everything at one time or the neighbors will steal anything you leave in the car.

Took the movies out first but left my keys on the kitchen table so I set the movies between her fence and my car. Run in to get the keys and when I come out there was a woman bending over to steal my movies.

Brazen thief that just walked off to her house next door. I couldn't live in a town like that and won't.

Husband was an FFL so I can only imagine how paranoid he was living with thieves all around him. :s0093:

People who live in Mogadishu west either have to change things or live with the violence or move out. Typically folks take the easiest way out.
Yep... that's what l did.

TBH, l didn't want to live in Portland to begin with, l was coerced.
In the 10 yrs l lived there, l'd invested as much as l was willing to invest in that dying city... it's not mine to save.
The type of change required to save it will be generational... both of my sons grew up and left even before l did.
It may be the "easy way" from where you're sitting, but the other option looks like this;
:s0054::s0054::s0054::s0054::s0054:

If most are gangsta related, wouldn't they be locals? Protecting their turf, etc???
I believe the gangs made a deal early on with antifa/blm for them to operate freely at night unopposed. Maybe brought some out of state affiliate gang members. Someone didn't hold up to their part causing the increased gun play. Not all shootings were related, as to the tow truck driver, but enough to see the huge increase.

I never really saw Portland gangs as out and out gang bangers. More, hustlers or opportunist looking for money. LA, Compton and Watts (90s) were traditional violent bangers out for territory to control.

BLM brought money to PDX and the candy arses running it needed protection to run freely, hurt and kill people without getting killed themselves. Just my opinion but I think this is the fallout from the summer of love, we are witnessing.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top