JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
if we didn't allow these frivolous lawsuits then that would block legitimate civil suits too, what we need is a way to discourage frivolous lawsuits like some states that require the plaintiff in civil suits to pay all legal expenses of the defendant if the plaintiff loses the court case.

But what I'm not buying is the idea that if a company simply leaves "weapons" out of their workplace policy that it would have any effect of them being sued implying they 'allowed' their employees to carry guns... there is also a good chance that Uhaul can be sued here regardless of a gun free policy. Policies can be written to explain prohibited behaviors like threatening, dangerous, illegal and intimidating behavior and leave it at that and would be plenty to still fire someone who doesn't know what concealed means.

That's what I'm talking about. My old Dad told me "Any one can sue anyone for any thing". You may not win, but you can do it. The problem is too many stupid law suits get ruled for the plaintiff. And too much money is awarded for a lot of them. I think that having the no fire arms clause will help limit liability. My main point though, is that it's not so much a left/right thing.

I hope neither U-Haul nor the defender gets sued. I think that if the latter does, a countersuit should be filed as soon as possible with the hopes that that suit would be dropped and or winning his/a monetary award would he "prevail".. it would be a win-win would he be sued.
I'm not a lawyer though and am just saying what I'd do.

here is whats wrong with America... similar story as the Uhaul robbery except the bad guy lived and is now suing the good guy who stopped him for using excessive force even though he robbed the store with a huge knife and a gun.

you guys will love the news anchors replies especially at the end when she yells the guys mom off the screen...

They can put a law suit on me if they want. If some jack wagon steps into my showroom and puts me or my employees at gun point!:mad: I can tell you who is going home and who isn't! God willing of course!

'Apparent shooting'? How can you have an 'apparent shooting'? Either a firearm was discharged or it wasn't. Sound of a gun going off? More than likely to be the sound of a gun going off, right?

tac
If a gun goes off in the woods and no one hears it did it make a noise? Was it a gunshot? LOL. YUP, it was.

Good ending. Too bad a lot more of these don't end this way. If guy does get fired for it at least he is alive to go find another job.

But he would end a promising career at U-Haul!:D

I've been laid off many times and even fired twice, so I take it in stride when my job goes away. A minimum wage job is not much of a career. Being able to go home to the family is much better, even if I have to look for another job. Fortunately nobody tries to hold up the IT dept. of a large megacorp - especially when there is three or four layers of security.

Fortunately nobody tries to hold up the IT dept. of a large megacorp - especially when there is three or four layers of security.

I have been the victim of an "office invasion" where a crazy dude wearing a wife beater walked on in and literally took my office over throwing me out. You don't see it coming.

Big deal about losing the minimum wage job. He'll find another.

I have been the victim of an "office invasion" where a crazy dude wearing a wife beater walked on in and literally took my office over throwing me out. You don't see it coming.

Big deal about losing the minimum wage job. He'll find another.

We prep for active shooter, but there is building security, badge needed to get into our office, then front desk security. There is no cash in our office.

Crazy person? Maybe. Robbery? Unlikely.

With more and more retail going more and more to plastic, less and less cash on hand. You usually need plastic to rent a U-Haul anyway; the deposit.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top