JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
all I want to know now is if the guy gets fired for carrying at work. If thats the case I'll write that uhaul store a letter telling them they will never get my business for putting their employees lives over some ineffective policy.

all I want to know now is if the guy gets fired for carrying at work. If thats the case I'll write that uhaul store a letter telling them they will never get my business for putting their employees lives over some ineffective policy.

I'd join in on that phone call. If we all called I bet they would listen. ;)

a-word-of-advice-on-ense-onservative-dont-be-a-21834258.png

Quiet out there . . . The powers-that-be are trying their very best to find something they can hang on the good guy with the gun!!!!
If they do it will be front page news . . . Otherwise . . . SILENCE!!!!!

Never-the-less, as in the recent snowflake thread that was shut down, I really love a happy ending!!!!!!!
Sheldon
Being this occurred in Portland/Multnomah County, you can rest assured the intended victim (i.e. the defender) will be victimized by the liberal and corrupt judicial system of Portland and Multnomah County and their equally corrupt DA... Good, amoral, gun owners have no ground to stand on in their jurisdiction...

Being this occurred in Portland/Multnomah County, you can rest assured the intended victim (i.e. the defender) will be victimized by the liberal and corrupt judicial system of Portland and Multnomah County and their equally corrupt DA... Good, amoral, gun owners have no ground to stand on in their jurisdiction...
Perhaps. This business owner shot and killed an unarmed fella on 82nd a little while ago and while not criminally charged faces a civil suit.

Business owner who killed homeless man sued for $1.1 million

Perhaps. This business owner shot and killed an unarmed fella on 82nd a little while ago and while not criminally charged faces a civil suit.

Business owner who killed homeless man sued for $1.1 million
I love this statement - The suit describes Petersen as having a "legally protected interest" as a "licensee" on Chan's premises, but doesn't explain what that means.

Appearantly, Chan, the one legally occupying the said property, has no right and according to Petersen's estate should have just stayed inside his business... perhaps Petersen shouldn't have been illegally trespassing on Chan's property...

Just more reasons to stay the heck out of Portland and Multnomah County... Just a sanctuary sh!thole...

I love this statement - The suit describes Petersen as having a "legally protected interest" as a "licensee" on Chan's premises, but doesn't explain what that means.

Appearantly, Chan, the one legally occupying the said property, has no right and according to Petersen's estate should have just stayed inside his business... perhaps Petersen shouldn't have been illegally trespassing on Chan's property...

Just more reasons to stay the heck out of Portland and Multnomah County... Just a sanctuary sh!thole...
Crazy happens everywhere.

Yah, but thinking is not strong suit for criminals...

I do fill propane every now and again at our local u-haul and pay cash. They usually can't make change...so not a "cash business" for sure.
Kinda makes sense.. to have a paper trail for a U-Haul loaded down with a few extra tons of propane on board to boot.. I'm thinkin'.

I'm cautiously optimistic.....it seems while people in Portland are hopeless liberals, some of them are getting sick of the homeless camped all over the place causing issues, the riots, and the crime. People I know who live there and who I never thought in a million
years would complain about any of it now are. Some of them have even purchased guns...or at least taken an interest in them.

I'd join in on that phone call. If we all called I bet they would listen. ;)

Call it liberal call it conservative......Policies such as employees not being allowed to carry at work come about because of liability concerns. There's a goooood chance here that Uhaul could be sued by survivors of the POS. As sure as the sun rises in the East, you know, that a good number of these kinds of suits win. We'd like to think that if they just don't say anything in company policy, and let employees make their own decisions that things will be fine. They won't. Some of that anger should be directed toward the legal system that allows these frivolous law suits to prevail.

'Apparent shooting'? How can you have an 'apparent shooting'? Either a firearm was discharged or it wasn't. Sound of a gun going off? More than likely to be the sound of a gun going off, right?

tac
Now, now tac. It has to be, "Alleged, or Apparent".o_O
We can't have a biased press now can we.....:rolleyes:

Call it liberal call it conservative......Policies such as employees not being allowed to carry at work come about because of liability concerns. There's a goooood chance here that Uhaul could be sued by survivors of the POS. As sure as the sun rises in the East, you know, that a good number of these kinds of suits win. We'd like to think that if they just don't say anything in company policy, and let employees make their own decisions that things will be fine. They won't. Some of that anger should be directed toward the legal system that allows these frivolous law suits to prevail.
if we didn't allow these frivolous lawsuits then that would block legitimate civil suits too, what we need is a way to discourage frivolous lawsuits like some states that require the plaintiff in civil suits to pay all legal expenses of the defendant if the plaintiff loses the court case.

But what I'm not buying is the idea that if a company simply leaves "weapons" out of their workplace policy that it would have any effect of them being sued implying they 'allowed' their employees to carry guns... there is also a good chance that Uhaul can be sued here regardless of a gun free policy. Policies can be written to explain prohibited behaviors like threatening, dangerous, illegal and intimidating behavior and leave it at that and would be plenty to still fire someone who doesn't know what concealed means.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top