JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Portland police kill vicious dog that attacked 2 people
By Noelle Crombie, The Oregonian
May 31, 2010, 11:05AMPortland police fatally shot a pit bull early today after the dog attacked two people.

Police said the incident happened in the area of Southeast 125th Avenue and Powell Court. Officers responded about 9:30 a.m. to reports of a pit bull mauling two people. When police arrived, they found the dog on top of one victim.

The victim asked police to fire one round at the animal, which caused it to run. The animal then turned on another officer and was shot again. The second shot killed the animal. end quote.

I saw this article above and it reminded me of a book I read a while back, called Night Dogs by Kent Anderson, set in the 1970s post Vietnam War era Portland Police Department. One of the things they did in the book was to have a contest on the night shift to see who could kill the most dogs, including shooting, hitting them with a car, it all counted. They called it a "NDK" on the radio. It stood for "Night Dog Kill." To get credit another officer would have to confirm the kill, with a Confirmed NDK.

Any body out there read the book? or anybody around from PPB back in the old days recall if any of this sounds familiar. It may be just made up for the book but it seems terribly old school.

Please don't get me wrong, I am not criticizing the Police for shooting this dog. It was justified completely in my opinion. It just reminded my of the NDK for which the book was named. The book was good read I recommend it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top