Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Police say man with Weapons Cache was prepairing for "Armageddon"

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by treemanx, Feb 11, 2010.

1. treemanx

treemanx Spray, Or. Active Member

Wow guys, check this out......

link

2. Ravenous

Ravenous West Linn, OR Member

I am sorry... what did he do wrong that they took his firearms and his permit?

Never mind I didn't see that he had the batons illegally. I still think it is crap.

3. treemanx

Not sure..... Maybe different laws surrounding this sort of thing in that area? Correct me if I'm wrong here guys, but wasn't this guy within his rights to have these things? Would anyone have cared if this was a rich person stockpiling this stuff? I know for a fact that they are, BTW. Check out this article from the Wall Street Journal.

Heres the text from that article:

4. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

So he has 20 legally possessed firearms, but they nail him for illegally possessing four police batons? :confused:

5. treemanx

I would love to get some opinions from the other link I posted from the Wall Street Journal, I think I may start a new thread about that as well. Pretty shocking article, considering the source. -tree

6. Torqk911

Torqk911 Yacolt,Wa Member

Honestly, I think that the government in any cases find one little thing lately with firearms they are quick to pull everything you may have. I find it interesting this guy had a shooting range in his attic. I could see a basement but an attic :huh:

7. Ravenous

Ravenous West Linn, OR Member

I read that WSJ article the other day. Alright take his batons and his infernal devices but leave the man his legally owned and registered firearms. It all seems bogus to me. I am not a survivalist or even a gun owner yet, but there is something coming down the pipeline that is going to shake this country to it's core. I will be armed and we've started stocking up on food and water so I can relate to his immediate need. I wonder if he wasn't flagged because of his rate of acquiring firearms which makes me question the registration process even more than before.

8. matt_w

matt_w Hillsboro, OR Active Member

Hehe...treemax hijacked his own thread.

Regarding the OP: Let that be a lesson to everyone here. If the cops come to bust you on some lesser charge, you'll most likely lose all of your firearms, even if they are owned legally, and you will be labelled as a nut. You may get them back if you are lucky (after several years).

Regarding the 2nd article: We all know it's coming, the only question is when.

9. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

His weapons cache is pretty weak if you ask me!

10. CharlesAFerg

CharlesAFerg Beaverton Active Member

What the heck is a "Class A" license? They could have said it was his drivers license for all we know, since when are there classes besides NFA, CHL, and nothing...? Sketch.

11. North Bender

North Bender King County Member

Held without bail?

In Massachusetts:

Class A carry license is required to possess, purchase, or carry any large capacity firearm (handgun, rifle, or shotgun), large capacity ammunition feeding devices therefor, and ammunition therefor.

Class B carry license entitles the licensee to possess, purchase or carry any non-large capacity handgun, and any large or non-large capacity rifle or shotgun, and feeding devices and ammunition therefor.

12. treemanx

I agree. The wow factor for me was the fact that they arrested this guy and took his stuff. I know folks with way more than that, that are well within their rights. I just dont get it......

13. Bhowe

Bhowe Seattle Member

I don't really understand where this took place but it is either in a foriegn country or a very liberal state that requires a license for a gun.

And I agree, what a weak cache!

14. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

If I am correct, he was in possession of contraband items outside of the firearms he possessed legally. If it is only the batons that were illegal I cannot see how any of this over-reaction is justified. If he possessed illegal explosive devices I can see where he would lose his carry permit since he is guilty of a serious crime and a CCW permit is conditional on not having committed such crimes.

If I read the article correctly, he was actually charged with illegal possession of tear gas and explosive devices. The batons possession was an "also charged with" situation.

15. Bhowe

Bhowe Seattle Member

At least they got 20 evil baby homing military style republican guns off the streets.

...losing faith in the monetary and government systems, what a phsyco!

16. treemanx

I know, I did hijack my own thread didn't I! Thats just how I roll.....

In response to your comment on the OP, isn't that the kind of BS we should expect nowadays? I mean come on, this guy was legitimately gathering supplies for an unknown event! When did we become such a controlling Country that a guy like this should be arrested? Isn't being prepared what FEMA is telling everyone to do? Just because this guy got prepared with guns, means he is some nut job?

It's definitely coming, just when and in what capacity will it come. Crazy times...

17. CharlesAFerg

CharlesAFerg Beaverton Active Member

Yeah, I saw the "illegal shooting range" in his attic, and that pretty much was it for me. Who knows what the details are, but that's not cool. It was probably a bb gun range, but if not, that's pretty stupid.

I have a friend who owned a rental property at one point, and it was rented by somebody who was shooting a shotgun inside the house. I don't know how they didn't notice this right off the bat, or why they let these morons rent in the first place, but hey.

18. Sawdust

Sawdust Bull Mountain(Tigard), OR Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

"approximately 20 weapons"

LIGHT WEIGHT :D:D

19. treemanx

I agree PB, but do we really trust these people to report what actually was there? How many times have we heard "assault weapon" describing a Ruger 10/22 or something? I think the presence of contraband items is somewhat lessor of a charge than what is actually taking place. I don't know, I just thought this sounded a bit fishy to me......

20. treemanx

Attic could have meant basement for all we know. I don't know if the devil is in the details on this one or not, but it all sounds a bit fishy to me. How easy would it be to sprinkle a few unlikeable terms throughout this article to make it sound like they were justified?