JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wow guys, check this out......

<broken link removed>

A Manchester-by-the-Sea man who allegedly had a cache of weapons in his home told police he was preparing for Armageddon, authorities said.

Gregory D. Girard

Gregory D. Girard, 45, was arrested Tuesday night for allegedly storing several tear gas grenades and explosive pepper ball projectiles. He was also charged with the illegal possession of four police batons.
Just before 11:30 p.m. Tuesday, Manchester-by-the Sea police executed a search warrant at 23 Bridge St., police said in a statement. Girard faces four counts of possession of an infernal device and four counts of possession of a dangerous weapon. Additional charges are pending, police said.

"He indicated to police that he anticipated some form of Armageddon to take place shortly and he was getting prepared," Police Chief Glenn McKiel said.

In addition to the grenade-type devices, police found approximately 20 weapons, including high-powered rifles, shotguns, and handguns. All of the firearms were purchased and registered legally within the past 10 months, McKiel said.

Girard, a computer consultant, had a Class A license, which enabled him to purchase large-capacity firearms. According to police, he was granted the permit without question.

“He did not have a criminal record and there was no indication at the time [the permit] was issued that he shouldn’t have one,” McKiel said.

McKiel added police are not allowed to ask applicants why they are seeking a firearms permit.

Police also found a large collection of camouflage clothing, knives, bulletproof vests, helmets, and eight pairs of handcuffs in Girard’s home. They also discovered stockpiles of medicine and non-perishable foods. An illegal indoor shooting range was also found in the attic, police said.

Police seized all the weapons and ammunition and revoked Girard’s license to carry firearms.

Tactical officers evacuated two other condominium units in Girard's building and brought residents to the police department while the search was completed.

Salem District Court Judge Richard Mori ordered Girard held without bail after he pleaded not guilty at his arraignment this morning. Mori slated a dangerousness hearing for Feb. 12.

Not sure..... Maybe different laws surrounding this sort of thing in that area? Correct me if I'm wrong here guys, but wasn't this guy within his rights to have these things? Would anyone have cared if this was a rich person stockpiling this stuff? I know for a fact that they are, BTW. Check out this article from the Wall Street Journal.

Heres the text from that article:

By Paul B. Farrell, MarketWatch
ARROYO GRANDE, Calif. (MarketWatch) -- Wake up investors. Are you prepared for the economic anarchy coming after a global-debt time bomb explodes? Are you thinking outside the box? Investing differently? Act now -- tomorrow will be too late.

Start by looking past the endless cable skirmishes between Rush, Glenn, Bill and Shawn versus Harry, Nancy, Ben and Barack. Look way past the insurgency bonding Sarah and her diehard Tea Party revolutionaries with Ron Paul's Neo-Reaganite ideologues, Fat-Cat Bankers and the Party of No, all planning a massive frontal assault on the 2010 elections, ****-bent on destroying the presidency. All that's the sideshow.

Europe's debt woes won't recede
European stocks managed to look somewhere other than Greece, Spain and Portugal early Monday, but don't bet on that lasting.

The Big One is coming soon, bigger than the 2000 dot-com crash and the 2008 subprime credit meltdown combined. A huge market blowout. And as Bloomberg-BusinessWeek predicts: "The results won't be pretty for investors or elected officials."

After the global-debt bomb explodes don't expect a typical bear correction followed by a new bull. Wall Street's toxic pseudo-capitalism is imploding. Be prepared for a massive meltdown. Yes, already the third major bubble-bust of the 21st century, triggered once again by Wall Street's out-of-control Fat Cat Bankers. And it's dead ahead.

Can your family survive in the anarchy after the debt bomb explodes?

America's already descending into economic anarchy. We're all trapped in a historic economic supercycle, a turning point that must bleed through a no-man's land of lawless self-destructive anarchy before a neo-capitalistic world can re-emerge. Investors tell me they "feel" it at a deep level, "know" it's happening. They keep asking: "What's the best investment strategy to prepare now?"

This is no joke, folks. Are you prepared? Or preparing? Will your family survive in a post-apocalyptic world, when anarchy is rampant in America? Look at Washington, Wall Street and Corporate America today. You know it's already begun.

You are witnessing a fundamental breakdown of the American dream, a systemic breakdown of our democracy and our capitalism, a breakdown driven by the blind insatiable greed of Wall Street: Dysfunctional government, insane markets, economy on the brink. Multiply that many times over and see a world in total disarray. Ignore it now, tomorrow will be too late.

Not a war about ideology, but an economic game-changer

This is a war to control 299 million American taxpayers. A war waged by the "Happy Conspiracy" Jack Bogle profiled in his 2004 "Battle for the Soul of Capitalism," a war machine of Fat Cat Bankers, CEOs, 42,000 mercenary lobbyists and a Congress held hostage to unlimited campaign donations. Their conspiracy has been waging this war against Americans for decades, long before the Supreme Court exposed their dirty secret.

Yes, your enemy is that "Happy Conspiracy:" It has degraded into a pseudo-capitalism with no conscience, no sense of the public good, ****-bent on controlling America's mind, your money and the global markets for its own selfish ends. And eventually it will trigger the game-changing global-debt bomb, the third global meltdown of the century that finally ignites the Great Depression II, plunging us into an era of anarchy.

Investors keep asking: "If it is coming, how do I invest? Buy gold? Commodities? Hedge? Short trading? TIPS? Hoard cash? Buy and hold? Lazy Portfolios?" What if the Dow sinks below 5,000? Maybe the worst-case scenario recently predicted by Bob Prechter: A deeper plunge to the 1,000 range? Imagine a global depression, a bear market dragging on for decades: "How do I protect my family? Can I ever retire? What do I invest in? How can anyone prepare?"

How America's two classes are preparing for a descent into anarchy

As America descends into anarchy your family's survival and your ability to retire will depend on which of America's two economic classes you belong to out of our total of roughly 300 million citizens:

"Average Joe & Jane" Americans: You're one of 299 million Main Street Americans. Average income is $50,000, only 10&#37; of the average bonuses paid to Wall Street's Fat-Cat Bankers. Or you're already one of America's 20% underemployed ... maybe on food stamps ... maybe among the 47 million with no medical insurance ... your retirement assets are about $50,000, a year's survival. And you are "mad-as-****" you're not working "inside" the "Happy Conspiracy."

"Happy Conspiracy" Insiders: You're one of the lucky million or so elite Insiders in the "Happy Conspiracy." You may work for a Fat-Cat Bank that American taxpayers bailed out last year so you pocketed a 2009 bonus gift of somewhere between $600,000 and $10 million. Maybe you're a Corporate American CEO. Maybe you're on the Forbes 400 list. Or you're a U.S. Senator. how these savvy Insiders are preparing: In his 2008 best-seller, "Wealth, War and Wisdom," hedge fund manager Barton Biggs, a highly respected Insider in the "Happy Conspiracy," advised rich insiders to expect the "possibility of a breakdown of the civilized infrastructure."

His advice: Make tons of money. Buy an isolated farm in the mountains. Protect family against the barbarians: "Your safe haven must be self-sufficient and capable of growing some kind of food ... It should be well-stocked with seed, fertilizer, canned food, wine, medicine, clothes, etc. Think Swiss Family Robinson."

How Wall Street insiders will treat Main Street in 'The Anarchy'

And when the barbarians do come, firing "a few rounds over the approaching brigands' heads would probably be a compelling persuader that there are easier farms to pillage." Imagine a scene like Port-au-Prince after the quake. Biggs is no radical anarchist, he's an establishment Insider, a great guy. We both arrived at Morgan Stanley about the same time. Biggs remained 30 years, was Morgan's chief global strategist. Ten times Institutional Investor magazine put him on Wall Street's "All-America Research Team."

True, he did hedge his prediction of the coming anarchy. His odds: 1 in 10. But in an early 2009 Newsweek article, "A Generation of Destruction: Throwing money at the problem and propping up greedy banks is like trying to put out a fire by pouring gasoline on it," Biggs teased us with a bleak scenario: "Great cycles of wealth creation have usually lasted about two generations, or 60 years. Inevitably, unequal riches corrupt and create envy, and they are always followed by a generation of enormous wealth destruction."

Warning: By vastly understating the risks while his Insiders prepare for the coming anarchy, Biggs is quietly misleading and disarming the rest of America.

The truth is Insiders in the "Happy Conspiracy" elite will follow Biggs' ultra-simple investment strategy: Make massive amounts of money fast using short-term strategies, spout lip service about the "public good." But always act in your own self-interests first, preparing for when anarchy spreads worldwide in an economic pandemic.

How can America's 299 million 'second-class citizens' invest for anarchy?

So what can the average Joe and Jane, the other 299 million Americans do? Warning: In anarchy, nobody knows. Period. The only possible strategy: "Think Swiss Family Robinson." Stockpile like a "Happy Conspiracy Insider."

Many still challenge us about proven strategies like buy and hold, Modern Portfolio Theory, Lazy Portfolios. Unfortunately, they all need a real democracy driven by honest, transparent capitalism to function effectively. They can't function in anarchy.

And Wall Street's already lapsed into a toxic pseudo-capitalism, using it to manipulate Main Street America. Eventually that mindset will force Main Street Americans to misuse the same dark "Swiss Family Robinson" tactics as the Insiders in order to survive the coming anarchy.

What's our alternative? A new American Revolution

But wait, wait, I hear you asking loudly: There must be an alternative to this dark descent into anarchy, to the loss of everything that made America the greatest nation in history?

Yes there is an alternative. Out of the ashes of anarchy must come a Second American Revolution. But unfortunately nothing will happen until a great crisis awakens America ... shocks the conscience of the masses ... we are "asleep" ... only a seismic, systemic shock will trigger the necessary revolution.

The future of our economy and indeed our nation demands another political revolution. We must take back our democracy and capitalism from a government run by Wall Street and its "Happy Conspiracy" ... their toxic self-serving power hold must be broken and, if not, a rising new conspiracy of China, India, oil-sovereignties and asset-rich nations will replace our homegrown "Happy Conspiracy" as it eventually goes down in the flames of anarchy.

Sadly, that's the future many of us realists see ahead for America.

I would love to get some opinions from the other link I posted from the Wall Street Journal, I think I may start a new thread about that as well. Pretty shocking article, considering the source. -tree

Honestly, I think that the government in any cases find one little thing lately with firearms they are quick to pull everything you may have. I find it interesting this guy had a shooting range in his attic. I could see a basement but an attic :huh:

I read that WSJ article the other day. Alright take his batons and his infernal devices but leave the man his legally owned and registered firearms. It all seems bogus to me. I am not a survivalist or even a gun owner yet, but there is something coming down the pipeline that is going to shake this country to it's core. I will be armed and we've started stocking up on food and water so I can relate to his immediate need. I wonder if he wasn't flagged because of his rate of acquiring firearms which makes me question the registration process even more than before.

Hehe...treemax hijacked his own thread.

Regarding the OP: Let that be a lesson to everyone here. If the cops come to bust you on some lesser charge, you'll most likely lose all of your firearms, even if they are owned legally, and you will be labelled as a nut. You may get them back if you are lucky (after several years).

Regarding the 2nd article: We all know it's coming, the only question is when.

Held without bail?

In Massachusetts:

Class A carry license is required to possess, purchase, or carry any large capacity firearm (handgun, rifle, or shotgun), large capacity ammunition feeding devices therefor, and ammunition therefor.

Class B carry license entitles the licensee to possess, purchase or carry any non-large capacity handgun, and any large or non-large capacity rifle or shotgun, and feeding devices and ammunition therefor.

I don't really understand where this took place but it is either in a foriegn country or a very liberal state that requires a license for a gun.

And I agree, what a weak cache!

I am sorry... what did he do wrong that they took his firearms and his permit?

Never mind I didn't see that he had the batons illegally. I still think it is crap.

If I am correct, he was in possession of contraband items outside of the firearms he possessed legally. If it is only the batons that were illegal I cannot see how any of this over-reaction is justified. If he possessed illegal explosive devices I can see where he would lose his carry permit since he is guilty of a serious crime and a CCW permit is conditional on not having committed such crimes.

If I read the article correctly, he was actually charged with illegal possession of tear gas and explosive devices. The batons possession was an "also charged with" situation.

At least they got 20 evil baby homing military style republican guns off the streets.

...losing faith in the monetary and government systems, what a phsyco!

Hehe...treemax hijacked his own thread.

Regarding the OP: Let that be a lesson to everyone here. If the cops come to bust you on some lesser charge, you'll most likely lose all of your firearms, even if they are owned legally, and you will be labelled as a nut. You may get them back if you are lucky (after several years).

Regarding the 2nd article: We all know it's coming, the only question is when.

I know, I did hijack my own thread didn't I! Thats just how I roll.....

In response to your comment on the OP, isn't that the kind of BS we should expect nowadays? I mean come on, this guy was legitimately gathering supplies for an unknown event! When did we become such a controlling Country that a guy like this should be arrested? Isn't being prepared what FEMA is telling everyone to do? Just because this guy got prepared with guns, means he is some nut job?

It's definitely coming, just when and in what capacity will it come. Crazy times...

If I am correct, he was in possession of contraband items outside of the firearms he possessed legally. If it is only the batons that were illegal I cannot see how any of this over-reaction is justified. If he possessed illegal explosive devices I can see where he would lose his carry permit since he is guilty of a serious crime and a CCW permit is conditional on not having committed such crimes.

If I read the article correctly, he was actually charged with illegal possession of tear gas and explosive devices. The batons possession was an "also charged with" situation.

Yeah, I saw the "illegal shooting range" in his attic, and that pretty much was it for me. Who knows what the details are, but that's not cool. It was probably a bb gun range, but if not, that's pretty stupid.

I have a friend who owned a rental property at one point, and it was rented by somebody who was shooting a shotgun inside the house. I don't know how they didn't notice this right off the bat, or why they let these morons rent in the first place, but hey.

I agree PB, but do we really trust these people to report what actually was there? How many times have we heard "assault weapon" describing a Ruger 10/22 or something? I think the presence of contraband items is somewhat lessor of a charge than what is actually taking place. I don't know, I just thought this sounded a bit fishy to me......

Yeah, I saw the "illegal shooting range" in his attic, and that pretty much was it for me. Who knows what the details are, but that's not cool. It was probably a bb gun range, but if not, that's pretty stupid.

I have a friend who owned a rental property at one point, and it was rented by somebody who was shooting a shotgun inside the house. I don't know how they didn't notice this right off the bat, or why they let these morons rent in the first place, but hey.

Attic could have meant basement for all we know. I don't know if the devil is in the details on this one or not, but it all sounds a bit fishy to me. How easy would it be to sprinkle a few unlikeable terms throughout this article to make it sound like they were justified?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top