JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
So is it stealing because the government said it is or because you say it is?

Did the government steal the fish from the public in the first place to put them in that cage?
0816057a-854d-4dda-8e3d-033a7d609c12_text.gif

Practically the government own everything and rents some of back to you, even the house you own the title to as well as that RTKABA. It's all rented privileges.
Yep. Legally, the concept of allodial title exists, but in reality...not so much (hell, even my spell checker doesn't recognize the word 'allodial').

Seems a gross misstep by the founding gents...seek out to create a country of freedom like no other...and then not enshrine property rights into the Constitution :rolleyes:.

If one cannot comprehend the difference between traditional hunting techniques and literally shooting fish in a barrel maybe THAT is the irony?

The 'question' is not difficult, it is non sequitur.

I cannot see what is being argued about in this thread, which tells me a lot because I know the sort of Richards I have on ignore, and I cannot comprehend there being any kind of approval of this sort of behavior by poachers.

IMO/AFAIK poaching is a practice of greedy thieves that refuse to make an effort to take game or fish legally. They also refuse to buy meat/fish for their table. These are not hungry disadvantaged people. They are lazy, greedy, and morally unsound. Ie, criminal azzbites.

while I generally agree poaching is selfish and unacceptable...I wouldn't let my family go hungry just like I wouldn't allow anyone to physically harm them. again I'm not promoting poaching, I believe in the rule of law which is more than I can say for Oregon's Government which picks and chooses what's going to be enforced.

while I generally agree poaching is selfish and unacceptable...I wouldn't let my family go hungry just like I wouldn't allow anyone to physically harm them. again I'm not promoting poaching, I believe in the rule of law which is more than I can say for Oregon's Government which picks and chooses what's going to be enforced.
Who said the theiving poacher scum's family was going hungry and that he was stealing for subsistence living? He wasn't buying a license and actually fishing like the rest of us. He was breaking into a trap to steal fish that are supposed to be broodstock to make the run stronger so that all can catch more fish.

.I wouldn't let my family go hungry
No, you would get a job like real men do, or you would swallow your pride and go to the one of the many many many food banks, even sending the wife. Or you would go to the store with your EBT card. The days of people taking game illegally to feed family were many decades ago.

Last Edited:
Stealing trapped fish is like a your pastor screwing your 8-12yr old kid. Both are preying on the helpless, those that are incapable of their own defense. It's just a diff kind of greed. Both despicable.

Last Edited:
Yeah, let's just exploit a weaker species and take all the fish, buffalo, beaver, etc. to the brink for our own selfish greed.

Agreed bbbass, poachers are despicable, anyone defending them might just have a few poached skeletons of the own in the closet.

No, you would get a job like real men do, or you would swallow your pride and go to the one of the many many many food banks, even sending the wife. Or you would go to the store with your EBT card. The days of people taking game illegally to feed family were many decades ago.
you are right, I would do all that first. then i would what?

Yeah, let's just exploit a weaker species and take all the fish, buffalo, beaver, etc. to the brink for our own selfish greed.

Agreed bbbass, poachers are despicable, anyone defending them might just have a few poached skeletons of the own in the closet.
do you talk o the animals? take advantage? you really think the fish or animal cares if you have a license? im not a poacher or a zealot. only trying to have a reasonable conversation with those who wont.

Read my post, I did not try to justify poaching, I only justify learning all the facts before criticizing those who, while saying there may be more to Some stories. obviously this act was unjustifiable from shooting cameras to stealing fish. but blanket statements from zealots on our side are no different than blanket statements from anti gun zealots or any other group.

Read my post, I did not try to justify poaching, I only justify learning all the facts before criticizing those who, while saying there may be more to Some stories. obviously this act was unjustifiable from shooting cameras to stealing fish. but blanket statements from zealots on our side are no different than blanket statements from anti gun zealots or any other group.
Read MY post! I did not say YOU were justifying poaching.

I DID say, quite clearly and more than once, that comparing the exercise of our inalienable rights is NOT analogous with stealing game that is a PUBLIC resource and in the 'possession' of the State for the benefit of the whole populace. One may or may not agree with the State's method of game management, but to say that choosing to keep and bear arms is the same as poaching is asinine.

did you Really compare raping children to poaching?
He equated poaching with a crime, because a bunch of posters here cannot seem to differentiate between committing a crime and exercising a right.
He equated poaching with a crime, because a bunch of posters here cannot seem to differentiate between committing a crime and exercising a right.
your implication that we cant have a discussion without being stupid is insulting. we all understand crime is wrong. i would never compare child rape to any other crime. one is wrong and one should get you a chance to explain it to your maker post haste. so please compare those crimes as similar again so all can see your values

Did you just say gun ownership is a crime to be compared to poaching?

I am trying to be reasonable, to you refuse to conceded that gun ownership is NOT analogous to poaching. One is a right and one is an illegal activity.

I made that more personal than I should have I'm sorry for that! I am a 100% 2A guy. I understand game laws are needed to save our animals. opinions are like *$$holes we all have them. some of us wanted to have discussions not be insulted by others for our opinions.

Did you just say gun ownership is a crime to be compared to poaching?

I am trying to be reasonable, to you refuse to conceded that gun ownership is NOT analogous to poaching. One is a right and one is an illegal activity.
I never said that. What I tried to say Zealots are dangerous no matter the cause.

Status

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR