JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
20180920_163329.jpg

Bought from the tribes at Cascade Locks on the way back from the Tri Cities. Sorry, couldn't resist :p

Man...It's been so bad for me I've found myself buying farmed steelhead and Atlantic salmon from Fred's and Costco.

I have no pride anymore. :(

I was gonna catch that fish on Saturday in the Deschutes.
Now look what you did !

:D

In all seriousness, those Indians are using some small *mesh to catch that guy.

*mesh
The size of the openings in the gillnet (for those that may not know)

What for and where? No secrets needed though. I've been under the impression all that's left is darkening steelhead? Some coho, maybe? It's become a sin to plant coho for fear they may mix with "Wild" stock. Never was much into the battle for tidewater/river fall chinook.

What for and where? No secrets needed though. I've been under the impression all that's left is darkening steelhead? Some coho, maybe? It's become a sin to plant coho for fear they may mix with "Wild" stock. Never was much into the battle for tidewater/river fall chinook.
I was actually thinking about heading up to Hagg for some bass and trout

I was actually thinking about heading up to Hagg for some bass and trout

Ooo, do those locked jaw smallies start biting better in the gin clear water this time of year? I used to go to Hagg once in a while but towing the boat over the hill and back with all the PDX and Vantucky moron drivers took care of that. Not worth it anymore. good luck if you get out there.

Look, if I'm going to eat salmon it has to be top quality, otherwise I'll take a cod fillet any day.
:s0066:

Seriously tho, I think I prefer rockbass and perch to a lot of salmon unless it is smoked.

Is it bad that i'm so picky that I will not buy any fish from a store or fish market, and unless I catch it or some one I know, I will not eat it? Am I a Fish snob? Is is bad that I only Eat Fresh caught Chinook or A run Steelhead?

I resemble that remark Bro, I'm snobbish about my fish.... :D

A universal axiom hold true here as well as elsewhere:
"Always smell it first!"

I quit doing it at fish counters when I use to buy fish like halibut once in a while before it turned to gold, because the guys behind the counter couldn't get it through their head why I did it. I would ask the counter man to put on one of his vinyl gloves, and touch the piece of fish. Then I would ask him to allow ME to touch the glove. THEN I would sniff my fingers. It sounds weird yes, but it's a true way to tell how far the fish is from the water.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top