Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Pmags...

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by mpperales, Dec 18, 2012.

1. mpperales

mpperales Happy Valley, Oregon Well-Known Member

Ordered from Brownells....in stock last night....now out of stock...

Said they sold almost 4500 223 mags yesterday...."4500!!!!"

2. hatchj

hatchj Milwaukie, OR Member

midway has them in stock. Swore I saw them in stock at brownells like 30 minutes ago

3. Chalupacabra

Chalupacabra Portland Active Member

I had 3 30rd steel mags with Magpul followers in my cart at BCM. I went to get my credit card and they were sold from under me. Bought 20rd pmags instead.

4. samuelm16

samuelm16 se pdx Well-Known Member

curts just got some in an hour ago

5. iceman

iceman OR/WA Member

6. Boedy

Boedy Sublimity, Oregon, United States Active Member

Just ordered some from there hope they are not back ordering.

7. Lincoln4

Lincoln4 Buckley, WA Member

Was just at Surplus Ammo & Arms. Pmag prices doubled since last week. Swung by Quantico, where they were still 5 for $55. Picked up 5.

8. bobu

bobu Salem Member

second that

9. FullCaliberII

FullCaliberII Pierce County, WA Active Member

Sounds like I copied you! I went into Surplus Arms to get a couple boxes of ammo and noticed their PMAGS. Last month, they were in the normal $12-15/each range. Today they were $24-27/each. I did buy my ammo but I did the same 5 for $11/each at Quantico.
    I bet tomorrow their price jumps though too- I bet they dont know what Surplus Arms has them priced at yet...

10. lazerblazer

lazerblazer Portland Active Member

What were the ammo prices and was there quantity?

Sent from my Galaxy Express!

11. FullCaliberII

FullCaliberII Pierce County, WA Active Member

Bulk .223 and 5.56 was pretty much down to one or two cases. 20 round .223 were around $7, 50 round .223 $21-25. I was buying handgun ammo (.45 and .38) and they had plenty of that, $14-16 a box. Their racks were pretty slim on the whole though. They cant keep up.

12. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Dammit it is the early 90s all over again.

longcolt and (deleted member) like this.
  13. nwdrifter

nwdrifter troutdale oregon Active Member

i find it funny, way to many people saying it wont happen, I was stacking anyway, now its a ban run on the stores and everyone is scrambling for back order or overpriced mags and ARs..I did order a couple 100 round drums a few days ago, but other than that i'm good. lol

14. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

I refuse to pay the prices to people who have jacked their prices in the last 24 hours...

But then again, I started buying mags, guns, and ammo six months ago...

Deacon and (deleted member) like this.
  15. TapRackNGo

TapRackNGo PNW Well-Known Member

Those prices may seem super cheap in 6 months. I think I'll hold on to my PMAGS and sell them in a few months.:D

16. MountainBear

And I will continue to ignore those who prey on their fellow gun owners with panic pricing. Their choice to sell their items for whatever they want, my right to think they're bubblegums...

Chee-to, Deacon, gehrheart and 9 others like this.
  17. twoclones

twoclones Tri-Cities, WA Well-Known Member

I ordered pmags from Botach because it was looking like everywhere else was sold out.

18. TapRackNGo

TapRackNGo PNW Well-Known Member

Free market and all that. They're worth what someone is willing to pay. What if all you had to defend yourself was a Glock 9mm, but you didn't have any ammunition? But, you had a big stack of Gold ounce coins. I bet you would hand over one of those gold coins for a handful of 9mm bullets. It's all about perspective I guess. Prices seem crazy now, but they maybe 10x worse down the road. We just don't know.

Smart of you to start buying months ago and have the foresight.

19. MountainBear

I understand the free market comment, so the analogy was unnecessary, but I respect your position. And in ten months if the ban is enacted, this may seem like a reasonable price. But, at least in my opinion, the people selling them for double and triple what they went for yesterday are just bubblegums trying to profit off their fellow gun owners. It may be proper in the free market economy, but it doesn't make it right...

ADDED: The warning I got for "threadcrapping" on the guy who was selling PMags in the classifieds for $25 was worth it. No offense meant to the moderators or the other members, but I feel better having said it.

The post before it got deleted was somewhere along these lines. I have been impressed over the years with the generosity of shooters. Taking new people shooting and paying for the ammo. Pay it forward threads. Letting people shoot your guns at the range. But when I see people price gouging (yes, I understand the free market argument, I just don't agree with it all the time) their fellow shooters, it saddens me.

20. samuelm16

samuelm16 se pdx Well-Known Member

Botach has the in black for 12 with free shipping if you order thru slickguns