JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Was just at Surplus Ammo & Arms. Pmag prices doubled since last week. Swung by Quantico, where they were still 5 for $55. Picked up 5.

Sounds like I copied you! I went into Surplus Arms to get a couple boxes of ammo and noticed their PMAGS. Last month, they were in the normal $12-15/each range. Today they were $24-27/each. I did buy my ammo but I did the same 5 for $11/each at Quantico.
I bet tomorrow their price jumps though too- I bet they dont know what Surplus Arms has them priced at yet...

Bulk .223 and 5.56 was pretty much down to one or two cases. 20 round .223 were around $7, 50 round .223 $21-25. I was buying handgun ammo (.45 and .38) and they had plenty of that, $14-16 a box. Their racks were pretty slim on the whole though. They cant keep up.

i find it funny, way to many people saying it wont happen, I was stacking anyway, now its a ban run on the stores and everyone is scrambling for back order or overpriced mags and ARs..I did order a couple 100 round drums a few days ago, but other than that i'm good. lol

I refuse to pay the prices to people who have jacked their prices in the last 24 hours...

But then again, I started buying mags, guns, and ammo six months ago...

And I will continue to ignore those who prey on their fellow gun owners with panic pricing. Their choice to sell their items for whatever they want, my right to think they're bubblegums...

And I will continue to ignore those who prey on their fellow gun owners with panic pricing. Their choice to sell their items for whatever they want, my right to think they're bubblegums...

Free market and all that. They're worth what someone is willing to pay. What if all you had to defend yourself was a Glock 9mm, but you didn't have any ammunition? But, you had a big stack of Gold ounce coins. I bet you would hand over one of those gold coins for a handful of 9mm bullets. It's all about perspective I guess. Prices seem crazy now, but they maybe 10x worse down the road. We just don't know.

Smart of you to start buying months ago and have the foresight.

Free market and all that. They're worth what someone is willing to pay. What if all you had to defend yourself was a Glock 9mm, but you didn't have any ammunition? But, you had a big stack of Gold ounce coins. I bet you would hand over one of those gold coins for a handful of 9mm bullets. It's all about perspective I guess. Prices seem crazy now, but they maybe 10x worse down the road. We just don't know.

Smart of you to start buying months ago and have the foresight.

I understand the free market comment, so the analogy was unnecessary, but I respect your position. And in ten months if the ban is enacted, this may seem like a reasonable price. But, at least in my opinion, the people selling them for double and triple what they went for yesterday are just bubblegums trying to profit off their fellow gun owners. It may be proper in the free market economy, but it doesn't make it right...

ADDED: The warning I got for "threadcrapping" on the guy who was selling PMags in the classifieds for $25 was worth it. No offense meant to the moderators or the other members, but I feel better having said it.

The post before it got deleted was somewhere along these lines. I have been impressed over the years with the generosity of shooters. Taking new people shooting and paying for the ammo. Pay it forward threads. Letting people shoot your guns at the range. But when I see people price gouging (yes, I understand the free market argument, I just don't agree with it all the time) their fellow shooters, it saddens me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top