JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here ya go. If yours is off on this dimension that's your culprit. Swapping all the components in the world won't work unless you figure out a way to lower that mag catch itself. That will probably be trickier than raising it in my case. But ya never know, could just be simply grinding the catch lower.
And it's really only the little tab that sticks out from the "armature" that needs lowering.

Here's the whole thread for reference:
I can confirm the Tactical Machining lower works with an Aero upper (at least with Pmags and Duramags). I haven't machined or fired the 80lowers ones yet but they hand cycle rounds just fine with an Aero and Stag upper respectively.

I'm no expert but this was happening to a friend and it ended up being a feed ramp issue. Hogged it out a bit and polished it and it ran fine - and this was after numerous trips back to the smith that built it.

Take it FWIW and find yourself an experienced AR 10 smith cuz it isn't the same beast as the AR 15's.
I do generally polish my feed ramps as well. But I dont like "hogging them out" as that will weaken the two lugs on the bottom of the extension and those will break first.
My last aero upper was crap though, the feed ramps on the upper were non existant I had to make them match myself because frankly I got sick of dealing with aero's incompetence. I had already sent in the upper once. They failed to deliver. They returned said upper. I found yet ANOTHER fault with the upper. This is what happens when you hire bottom rung "machinist" and supervisors who do the minimal amount of quality control.

You can see the size difference in the feed ramps from the one I already enlarge to march the barrel extension vs the one that I barely burred off the cerakote from. There's a pretty big difference.
And this SHOULD BE a quality control checklist item.. The fact that it makes it past machining and QA and final is telling.
Ya ya, I know were all human. Well I'm experienced and there hi grade human and then there's low grade human. I expect more from people.

266b384e-1780-44a3-9076-419265a0666e.jpg

Aero makes all stag parts they are literally the same. Aero makes a lot of ballistic advantage parts as well. I think BA is starting to get some of their own machines but I'm betting they stick to barrels and aero by in large sticks to making everything else for them. They are all owned by aero the parent co. Same with vg6.
The receivers are cut differently at the rear but other than that and maybe some of the barrels, yeah.
apar308503c-m5-.308-stripped-upper-receiver-black-1.jpg
16fb9d323f75d725cd06073dab6e3614.png

Did you ever figure out a solution? Mine is doing the same thing, hanging up on the empty mag. It doesn't get all the way back to the bolt catch, it hangs up and locks on mag in the backwards motion and stays there.It dkea this with multiple uppers. If the mag is not inserted, the bolt catches on the bolt catch just fine. When firing, the bolt comes down on top of many of the rounds, putting a dent in the cartridge.
I doubt you'll hear anything from the OP, hasn't been around since May 19, 2019

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads