JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone know of any pouches/smaller "bags" that will hold 25 round 308 pmags? Looking for something a little more orderly then just tossing them in the bottom of my backpack. Currently have an alice bag for range use, will eventually get a molle too. Looking for something that closes with a flap or something like that, not looking for open top mag pouches.
I was looking at the m60 pouches but i dont think the dimensions will allow for the height of a 25 round mag. Any help apreciated.

Surplus G3 mag pouches are cheap, only downside is the extra +5 on the Pmags makes them a bit short to close the top flaps. They have leather, nylon/plastic and this odd rubber/plastic version. All worked really well for me.

Taco mag pouches work the best for the longer mags.. but Im thrifty so I go with some of the string secured older M14/FAL molle type pouches. I usually use the loops to go around my belt or attach to my range bag. Many can be had on Amazon for cheap so long as you're open to foreign made products. Many are decent quality, just have to shop around.

@Basedgreaser, if you decide open top would work for you, then as @ZA_Survivalist mentions G3 pouches can be the most economical.

The flecktarn ones are pricey, but the side by sides can be had for $1 to $2.50. I'd figure both side by side types would be easy enough to cut the flap off of (useless and clutersome for LR/SR mags).

Currently the middle type are 20 for $17:

German Military Surplus G3 Double Mag Pouches, 20 Pack, Used - 672071, Mag Pouches at Sportsman's Guide

and the ones on the right are 10 for $23:

German Military Surplus G3 Double Mag Pouches, 10 Pack, Like New - 671144, Mag Pouches at Sportsman's Guide

A couple dollars less if you are a Sportsmans Guide member.

FF5E31CD-7B93-479A-B0B8-11D169C17D0B.jpeg

939C6D8F-C734-497C-9F8E-16AFB7B1B8B9.jpeg

I'd recommend the type on the right for your application (again though, if you decide on open top being ok), as these are more plastic and hold there shape better while empty. Also zero metal bits to cause conflict in a range/gear bag.

@Basedgreaser, if you decide open top would work for you, then as @ZA_Survivalist mentions G3 pouches can be the most economical.

The flecktarn ones are pricey, but the side by sides can be had for $1 to $2.50. I'd figure both side by side types would be easy enough to cut the flap off of (useless and clutersome for LR/SR mags).

Currently the middle type are 20 for $17:

German Military Surplus G3 Double Mag Pouches, 20 Pack, Used - 672071, Mag Pouches at Sportsman's Guide

and the ones on the right are 10 for $23:

German Military Surplus G3 Double Mag Pouches, 10 Pack, Like New - 671144, Mag Pouches at Sportsman's Guide

A couple dollars less if you are a Sportsmans Guide member.

View attachment 559553

View attachment 559554

I'd recommend the type on the right for your application (again though, if you decide on open top being ok), as these are more plastic and hold there shape better while empty. Also zero metal bits to cause conflict in a range/gear bag.
I owned a couple before when i had a cetme. They are good for the price but not what im wanting, that flecktarn looks closer but not as tall, pretty sharp too!

I owned a couple before when i had a cetme. They are good for the price but not what im wanting, that flecktarn looks closer but not as tall, pretty sharp too!

Thanks! The flecktarn would have to be modified to close on 20's, ad an inch extension to the strap or something. 25's would be a no go though.

I'll see if I can't find the smaller SAW bags, to see how they might work. Pretty sure we've some packed up in stuff due for organizing later today.

Thanks for the input and pics guys. That helpes quite alot, i think ill get a variety to see as my mag stash will keep growing, especially with the d50 coming out. So far saw/7.62 ammo belt/can pouches seem that they will do the trick for a good pricepoint

Just Google 308 mag pouches.
Midway has some and there are others.View attachment 559978 View attachment 559979 View attachment 559980 View attachment 559981
I have, 99% of them are for 20 round magazines. I have near exclusively 25 round mags. Shame because there are some nice ones.
The tacos seem to be ones that could hold 25 rounders but i dont know if their closure flap model is tall enough.
Ill end up getting mag specific pouches for them, but saw/m60 pouches for general use and storage will be on the list first

I also have the 25's and are looking for a carry solution for them.

I read up on the HS X2R Taco and it looked like it might work so bough a couple. Well, they really don't. Yeah, I can shove them in and tighten up the bungee but ultimately they aren't wide enough to accommodate the 7,62 mag and aren't really deep enough to secure the mag either. Only half the mag is secured. You can see how they bow out at the bottom where they're not really fitting. Another thing I don't like is how open the pouch is and I believe a lot of grit will get in the mag.
CE094429-B153-4AA0-9FF6-101EFFF134A3.jpeg E301ADFE-60C1-4828-9A28-A43120AC0BD5.jpeg

I've ordered a couple Danish flectar "equipment " pouches which measure 9"x5.5"x4" and will give them a try. These are Molle too so that's a plus.

The rig I'm setting up is for hog hunting.

if you use 25rd lancer mags they will be just like FAL straight mags

With the problems I've had finding a solution for the 25 pmags, I've went ahead and ordered some Lancers. While they're twice the price of the pmags, it may be worth it since I have plenty options in both mil.surp. and commercial. Much less cost too (those X2Rs above running $45 each!!).

Actually, I just checked and I ordered 20 rd lancers. I need a solution fairly soon as I leave for a ranch near Brownsville TX (here piggy piggy piggy!) in a few weeks.

I'll try the Danish holders when they arrive at the end of the week and if they don't work I know the 20 rnd lancers will work in my German G3 setup. Flectar does well in prickly pear anyhow :D

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top