JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I agree gov has no business telling us how many rounds we should be allowed to have in a magazine...but dude needs a round with more stopping power. that many rounds in 1 dude to take him down = not enough stopping power. He's using a bullet meant to maim.

There's a reason I keep my .45 1911 loaded with hollow points and my vepr-12 loaded with 00 buck shot...I'm not looking to maim an intruder.

I agree gov has no business telling us how many rounds we should be allowed to have in a magazine...but dude needs a round with more stopping power. that many rounds in 1 dude to take him down = not enough stopping power. He's using a bullet meant to maim.

There's a reason I keep my .45 1911 loaded with hollow points and my vepr-12 loaded with 00 buck shot...I'm not looking to maim an intruder.
Stoned/loaded BG doesn't care of what caliber you have as long as his brain is not disconnected from his body.
This tiny lady took the 1953 world record grizzly used bullet meant to hunt grouse.
Bella Twin, the .22 Used to Take the 1953 World Record Grizzly, and More

Last Edited:
Stoned/loaded BG doesn't care of what caliber you have as long as his brain is not disconnected from his body.
stoned/loaded don't matter. size of the hole and how fast said hole(s) shuts down the crims body is all that matters.

little bit of an extreme example here but it should drive the point home: shoot an intruder in the body with a 22lr...you will have minimal penetration/wounding and if they're hopped up they're still coming after you...

shoot said intruder with a large bore pistol that makes far larger holes and causes far more internal damage...they're not as likely to get up and more likely to bleed out and die very quickly. .44 magnum makes a nice hole as well.

Last Edited:

I will keep my VP9 loaded with 21 rds of 124 grain HST, and suppressed SBR with 60 rds of 77 grain mk262 thank you very much.

To be fair, if limted to 10 rds, would switch to 12 gauge or 45 raptor, + 460 Rowland in my handgun.

Last Edited:
5 round revolvers (I have one, a Ruger SP101, 357 Magnum, but I don't depend on it for self defense) it's more a piece of art than a piece. 5 rounds and you're done. Not good...

I do depend on my fully loaded (Gold Dot 124 Grain JHP's) with one in the chamber Glock 19's (yes, plural) and a number of other firearms from shotguns to carbines and other pistols scattered throughout the house.

No kids anymore...though I trained them all how to shoot a variety of firearms. Not only in gun safety, but accurate shooting. Oh, they're all female, all growed up now and still excellent shots.

I just bought a new S&W semi-auto that holds even more rounds than a G19, that I often keep in a holster on my side even when in the house.

At one time, I thought carrying in the house was a tad over the top until a neighbor about a mile away was home invaded by 4 thugs. We live out in the sticks where you'd think such a thing unimaginable. So now when out in my rather large yard and in the house I'm carrying. Oh, with a spare fully loaded magazine and a big knife. No, I don't have a fortress mentally...well, maybe a little...

All this gun and knife precaution will probably never be necessary, but if you're guessing without doing this, you better be right 100% of the time...

Also, where I live, it's legal to carry on your own property without a License To Carry, though I have one...

Do my neighbors look at me askance when they see me carrying...not at all. They too are gun people with a sense of reality unlike anti's.

You often hear things like..."You don't need such and such number of rounds" or " if you need more than 10 rounds to protect yourself than you shouldn't be using a gun" etc, etc.

What if it were the same exact scenario as in the video, but 6 aggressors? Or what if the two guys had on body armor?

Point in case...The amount of rounds "needed" are determined AFTER the gunfight is over.

5 round revolvers (I have one, a Ruger SP101, 357 Magnum, but I don't depend on it for self defense) it's more a piece of art than a piece. 5 rounds and you're done. Not good...

Not sure I can get 100% behind this mentality. Revolvers don't jam and aren't affected as much by bad ammo. What if your semi-auto jams on the second shot? Every weapon has pros/cons.

You often hear things like..."You don't need such and such number of rounds" or " if you need more than 10 rounds to protect yourself than you shouldn't be using a gun" etc, etc.

What if it were the same exact scenario as in the video, but 6 aggressors? Or what if the two guys had on body armor?

Point in case...The amount of rounds "needed" are determined AFTER the gunfight is over.
Not to mention that only 1/3 of rounds shot by "highly trained" LEO/FBI hit the target.

Not to pick nits, bit I think its actually .218.
ac4eb3aae7b756554937d6f5aa7c080a.png

Last Edited:
This tiny lady took the 1953 world record grizzly used bullet meant to hunt grouse.
Bella Twin, the .22 Used to Take the 1953 World Record Grizzly, and More

Cool story thanks for posting it.

Also, I'd like to note, especially in light of the on going discussion of 22LR...for those that did catch it the grizzly was killed with a 22 Long not a 22LR and the 63 year old women was extremely knowledgeable in animal anatomy and a crack shot, proving yet again, it is the Indian not the arrow and shot placement is everything.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews